• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Microfiber Towels the Ultimate Cleaning Tool for Realtors? Find Out Here!

In summary, Lee Anne uses micro fiber towels to clean and dry surfaces. She also uses them for spills and for drying hair.
LisaAnn
Silver Member
I was a little skeptical of the microfiber towels, especially the $ and feel of them when they are dry (they seem to catch any little dry spot on my fingers and the feel of it gave me the willies). Anyway, I tried one out and loved the absorbency (and they didn't feel weird after they were wet). I had one on the counter next to me at my demo the other day and used it throughout the show to keep my hands and board clean and it was awesome!:)

yeah that little towl is wonderful. I need to buy a few more that way I always have a clean one for a show and a clean one for my kitchen. It's great when you have kids too. Especially for their spills!! LOL

I haven't tried them for cleaning yet, but I hear they don't leave lint on your dishes or windows. I have been doing the 2-cup water demo that was in the Tom Marston post. I have been taking my small batter bowl and putting two cups of water in it. Then I stick my towel in it and show the guests how it soaks it all up. I'm using the small batter bowl so I can also tell everyone that it is the guest special for July. I tell them that everyone loves that little bowl, and if they host a show they are sure to get good orders because everyone will want to get that free for spending $60.

Can I tell you that I have used these towels for years?! I used to buy them at Lowes. I was first told to use them by a painter to clean and prep my walls for painting when we were selling our condo. I was THRILLED when PC came out with them!

And if you spill flour or powdered sugar they will pick it up in a second! I sprinkle a little on my demo table and in one wipe, clean it. Bakers are amazed.

Micro fiber towelsL ove mine . The only probelm I had with mine was it stained from strawberries and before I could get it treated with stain remover hubby threw it in the washing machine on hot water.:(

These are my favorite dusters! I HATE dusting, but these towels make it sooooo quick and easy!

We can't live w/o ours!! Hubby keeps one in his car and I use them all over the house!!

TV screens & puter monitors:D

I LOVE my microfiber towels. I always tell my guests at my shows that they have to try them. If they get one and don't like it I will buy it from them. Thats how sure I am that they will love having one.

I absolutely love it! People are amazed at the 2 cup water demo with it. and for those of you that use the swiffer, you can use these and just wash it after you are done instead of buying the swiffer refills!

mary k said:
L ove mine . The only probelm I had with mine was it stained from strawberries and before I could get it treated with stain remover hubby threw it in the washing machine on hot water.:(
If you can find any Simple Green like at WalMart or stores like that, it should still take out the stain.
Good Luck.

Good idea about the swiffer!!

They are also great for drying hair--I have long, very thick, slow to dry hair. I don't like having to blast it with the dryer everyday, so I'll just wrap it with one of the microfiber towels and squeeze out the water. The towel seems to "suck" some of the water out of each hair strand and my hair dries so much more quickly!Ann

Ann: I'll have to try that!

What is a swiffer? I have sopped up 2 1/2cups of water from the large batter
bowl, and still had dry areas, and it did not drip when lifted from the bowl. It's
so great at this time of year when we are using iced tea sized glasses. Thanks for the idea of using the smaller batter bowl since it is FREE in July.

When we travel, we keep a cooler filled with water bottles and other items. I keep a towel tucked into the pocket of the cooler. When you lift out a drink it can be wiped down.

I also keep one in each vehicle for all occasions - drinks, spills etc...

Lee Anne

I don't have the "swiffer" I have the pledge model, which of course my walmart stopped selling the cans of cleaner, and the cleaning pads. After reading all the posts on here about the microfiber towels, I tried it on there, and it worked awesome!!! I just wet it, and it made my floor shine!! Amazing!! Thanks everyone for all of your great tips.:)

Gotta love the microfiber towels! I've tried the water demo and will definitely recommend for a dust cloth..just tried it!

beach towelI took both of my towels to the beach on vacation. I was able to clean the sand and grit from the sliding glass doors of the condo with just a little water. The three people I stayed with ALL bought one from me! I also took them to the beach and used for a beach towel. They were super absorbent and not much to tote. I've heard of a swim team getting them and embrodering swimmers' names on them- again really absorbent and a lot less space and stuff to carry.
KH:)

I sold one to a lady at a show. I was so excited I think that's why she bought it. Well, she called and ordered 10 more! ONE FOR EVERYONE IN HER FAMILY! She loves how they dry of dishes from the dishwasher!

I just got an email from my director about using these to polish jewerly. So I tried it! I clean my ring with Mr. Clean and then polish it w/ the micro towel and it sparkled show!

I love mine and use them for everything, but does anyone have a problem with every stray thread and dryer sheets loving them too?? Mine are so covered in lint and little threads from the dryer that they aren't lint free anymore!!

I don't think your supposed to use fabric softener.

I have a set just for using at home and one that I use at shows. I also have an info sheet that I keep to pass around at shows. I use mine for cleaning my windows. I have a 12 foot wide window in my living room that is a nightmare to keep clean with 2 two year olds (it came with the house). I use one to wipe off my home made window cleaner and one to dry the window. Now it's almost always clean:rolleyes: . And I use them to dust my ceiling fans, dry dishes, clean the bathroom sink.

Attachments

• microfiber cloth info sheet.doc
    20 KB · Views: 587
AJPratt said:
I don't think your supposed to use fabric softener.

Nope, I think on the use and care card it says so (if my memory serves me correct). I says not to use fabric softner b/c it will affect the absorbancy.. I think

Oops! I guess now I have an excuse to buy some more. I wash my bath towels in white vinegar to increase absorbency, do you think that would save them? I have noticed that they don't suck up liquid like they used to.

Thanks ChefWeezie! That's great!

Anne, I think you need to slow down before your computer burns up, lol, you are on the first 10 posts.....well, until now, lol.

I am also surprised Anne's computer hasn't exploded yet, LOL!!

gilliandanielle said:
I am also surprised Anne's computer hasn't exploded yet, LOL!!

Now come on Gill, yours has to be gettin hot right now also, The page is full with your name, lol.

Hi, my name is Anne and I'm addicted to ChefSuccess.

But seriously folks... Since my email notice isn't working, I log on a couple times a day and respond to threads where I posted. I feel bad because people have asked me questions and I never answered them. They must think I'm so rude.

I just had to Anne, lol.

But I have to go back on what I said earlier about Gill, it was 2 PAGES!! of threads her name was on when I pulled up new posts, lmbo

Gill.....step away from the computer. When you see smoke, that's not a good thing, lol.

Hey, anytime, Jennifer!

Don't worry no one laughs at me more than me!

Sorry, I had some free time on my hands...watch out!!

Gill, I do the same thing!!

maryhenderlite said:
Nope, I think on the use and care card it says so (if my memory serves me correct). I says not to use fabric softner b/c it will affect the absorbancy.. I think

You're absolutely right. No fabric softener of any type. It will affect absorbency. I do not put mine in the dryer at all. I wash it with my delicates and hang it to dry.

Funny story -- I was on the way to the YMCA to teach an Arthritis Aquatics class and realized I forgot my towel! I had a microfiber towel in my kit in my trunk. I was able to dry my body to change from my swimsuit to my street clothes!

I just spilt a whole pot of water and mopped it up with one!! I am totally sold, everyone is getting one for christmas!!

Chefweezie said:
I have a set just for using at home and one that I use at shows. I also have an info sheet that I keep to pass around at shows. I use mine for cleaning my windows. I have a 12 foot wide window in my living room that is a nightmare to keep clean with 2 two year olds (it came with the house). I use one to wipe off my home made window cleaner and one to dry the window. Now it's almost always clean:rolleyes: . And I use them to dust my ceiling fans, dry dishes, clean the bathroom sink.

With 2 two yr olds (Bless your heart!!), you can skip the window cleaner step and just wipe the window down with a damp microfiber towel. It will dry clean and streak free!! That's how I do all my mirrors and windows.....okay, just the windows by the front door :)

chef_leeanne said:
When we travel, we keep a cooler filled with water bottles and other items. I keep a towel tucked into the pocket of the cooler. When you lift out a drink it can be wiped down.

I also keep one in each vehicle for all occasions - drinks, spills etc...

Lee Anne

Good idea Lee Anne! I need to keep one in my car and my cooler!

kghall said:
You're absolutely right. No fabric softener of any type. It will affect absorbency. I do not put mine in the dryer at all. I wash it with my delicates and hang it to dry.

Funny story -- I was on the way to the YMCA to teach an Arthritis Aquatics class and realized I forgot my towel! I had a microfiber towel in my kit in my trunk. I was able to dry my body to change from my swimsuit to my street clothes!

So you people are using these to towel your whole selves dry in place of big towels? This would be a good thing to bring to the gym.... except that it won't COVER me while I dash into the changing room! lol.

New UseI found a new use for the microfiber towel today...

When your little ones get a boo boo and want a ice pack, you can put the ice pack in the micro fiber towel and it is so soft they love the feel of it on thier skin.

I bet they make great bib's too. Just clip it on with a Twixit!

AmyjonesPC said:
I found a new use for the microfiber towel today...

When your little ones get a boo boo and want a ice pack, you can put the ice pack in the micro fiber towel and it is so soft they love the feel of it on thier skin.

I bet they make great bib's too. Just clip it on with a Twixit!

Talk about another great idea to add to Baby Shower Presents list! Thanks Amy!

They would perfect for babies... so soft. I hope they come out in more colors!

Wouldn't a crimson be georgeous for Christmas time? I know they are just towels, but pretty colors are nice!

AJPratt said:
Gill, I do the same thing!!
I am on every page again, but it isn't my fault! No one else is here!!

its_me_susan said:
So you people are using these to towel your whole selves dry in place of big towels? This would be a good thing to bring to the gym.... except that it won't COVER me while I dash into the changing room! lol.

Susan...Thanks for that visual!! :eek:

Hey wait...maybe you can clip a couple together with twixit clips!! Think about all the conversations you can start about PC wearing that!!

lol :D

gilliandanielle said:
I am on every page again, but it isn't my fault! No one else is here!!

LOL Gill. That's because everyone is out doing fireworks while you're glued to your screen, lol.:D :p

Were not into fireworks in Alaska because it is never dark enough to see them!! New years is all the firworks we get here.

gilliandanielle said:
Were not into fireworks in Alaska because it is never dark enough to see them!! New years is all the firworks we get here.
:eek: Really?

I heard them going off on the 4th, but you cant see any of them because it was still light at midnight.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Lisa/ChefBear