• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Care for Microfiber Dish Clothes: Top Rack Dishwasher Safe!

but only 2 people reached the $60 mark. The second show, I put out the dish clothes and only 1 person reached the $60 mark. It seems like more people are aware of the dish clothes now and are waiting to get their order in until after the show.The dish clothes are definitely being noticed more, but I'm not sure if it's because people are aware of them or if they just don't have the $60 to spend on them yet. Either way, I'm enjoying showing them off!
jrstephens
I put mine in the top rack of my dishwasher to wash them this weekend. This way I did not have to remember to get them out of the dryer and not put them in with fabric softeners. I just laid them out in my kitchen to dry.

The "use and care" card does say "dishwasher safe." I thought that was crazy until I decided to try it. I guess I am crazy with them!:D

I would have never thought to put them in there.

O/T Did anyone notice that hosts in April can purchase these towls as a host only special. I submitted a show last night and hit the mag. glass and scrolled down to where the host specials were and it allowed me to add dishclothes to the host order. I was kinda shocked because I didn't remember seeing or reading anything that the hosts could purchase those in April.

pamperedalf said:
I would have never thought to put them in there.

O/T Did anyone notice that hosts in April can purchase these towls as a host only special. I submitted a show last night and hit the mag. glass and scrolled down to where the host specials were and it allowed me to add dishclothes to the host order. I was kinda shocked because I didn't remember seeing or reading anything that the hosts could purchase those in April.
Yep, it was on the monthly flyer for the host special. They could purchase them at whatever % off they earned, or use free product value towards them. They are $9.50 for hosts only. Guests can only get them with $60 in product purchase!

jrstephens said:
I put mine in the top rack of my dishwasher to wash them this weekend. This way I did not have to remember to get them out of the dryer and not put them in with fabric softeners. I just laid them out in my kitchen to dry.

The "use and care" card does say "dishwasher safe." I thought that was crazy until I decided to try it. I guess I am crazy with them!:D
That is a great thing to pass on to guests!

I don't think I use mine as much as I would like to for the same reason...too much to think about come laundry time! I will throw mine in the DW too!

Oh, I wish I'd noticed that when i submitted my show today- that's ok, I'll add it to my next April show. I'm really looking forward to these things.

KellyTheChef said:
Yep, it was on the monthly flyer for the host special. They could purchase them at whatever % off they earned, or use free product value towards them. They are $9.50 for hosts only. Guests can only get them with $60 in product purchase!

I gave my hosts a set for free, because they paid over $60 out of their pocket....just like I've done in the past. If they were available for $9.50, was I not supposed to do that? P3 did let me...

Yes- from my understanding and something I read, I think the hosts are eligible for guest gifts if they go over $60 in purchases themselves. I guess so you could get them free towels plus they could purchase a set for $9.50.

jenniferknapp said:
I gave my hosts a set for free, because they paid over $60 out of their pocket....just like I've done in the past. If they were available for $9.50, was I not supposed to do that? P3 did let me...
Jennifer~

I was meaning they could get them for free using their free product or if they DIDN"T spend $60 out of pocket they could buy them.

You were RIGHT...if they spend $60 out of pocket, they get them FREE too!

Sorry, my post wasn't too clear on that. I was speaking about hosts who didn't "earn" them like the guests could!

Phew! I didn't want to hold up my order for some stinkin dish cloths :p Thanks!

So the food paerticles don't get stuck in them??? Just curious. And they smelled good?

I am having a great time showing off the dish clothes this month. The past couple of shows I put one cup of water in one of the Easy Read Measuring Cups and showed how one of the towels can absorb all of the water. I really think that is encouraging some of my customers to reach the $60 mark.

Lisa

ChefLisa said:
I am having a great time showing off the dish clothes this month. The past couple of shows I put one cup of water in one of the Easy Read Measuring Cups and showed how one of the towels can absorb all of the water. I really think that is encouraging some of my customers to reach the $60 mark.

Lisa

I had 2 shows this past weekend...the first one, everyone strived to get to the $60 mark to get them! The 2nd show, they didn't really care for them...

jrstephens said:
This way I did not have to remember to get them out of the dryer and not put them in with fabric softeners.

You shouldn't be washing or drying any of your towels with fabric softener. It will inhibit their absorbency.

None of my kitchen towels or bath towels get softener, so the microfiber gets washed right along with them!

DebbieJ said:
You shouldn't be washing or drying any of your towels with fabric softener. It will inhibit their absorbency.

None of my kitchen towels or bath towels get softener, so the microfiber gets washed right along with them!
Wow! ALL of my towels shouldn't get fabric softerner?!?!

I never knew that! Aren't they scratchy then?

DebbieJ said:

OUCH! I can't imagine not using Softener on my towels. I've never heard of this before.

I do it anyway! But, if your towels do start to not absorb as much, you can always soak in vinegar and that will break down some of the softener that is stuck in the fibers!

my mom always told me that and I never believed her, lol! Go figure!

Actually, if you put a little vinegar in your rinse water instead of fabric softener, your towels will stay absorbant but not scratchy. I use vinegar instead of fabric softener for my cotton knits, too. It reduces the chance of pilling.

Rae~

Can I put vinegar in my fabric softener cup of the washer? How much? Fill the cup with it, or less?

gratergirl said:
So the food paerticles don't get stuck in them??? Just curious. And they smelled good?

No food particle in them at all. I put them on the top rack. They smelled fine to me.

KellyTheChef said:
Rae~

Can I put vinegar in my fabric softener cup of the washer? How much? Fill the cup with it, or less?

I use an amount equal to the Downy Ultra I use for my sheets.

DebbieJ said:

I had never heard of that. I just cannot imagine not putting fabric softener in them. I would think they would be so scratchy.

I do not have a way of adding vinegar other than just pouring it in the washing machine.

What do you do if you do not have a softern dispenser? Do your clothes smell like vinegar?

jrstephens said:
I do not have a way of adding vinegar other than just pouring it in the washing machine.
How do you put your liq softener in? Do you have a Downy ball that releases it? If you do, the vinegar would get released into the rinse water then. It shouldn't smell like vinegar, since it's in the rinse water and they get rinsed at least one more time with clear water.

I think I will try the vinegar thing...BONUS: That's way cheaper than fab softener liquid!!!!

I promise I'm not walking around smelling like salad dressing. Vinegar is actually an excellent deodorizer. It doesn't leave any scent behind.

I use the Downy ball.

Ohhh! I am so going to try that with my Downy ball this weekend when I wash all of my towels :) I haven't tried the vinegar thing to this point, only because it sounded like a hassle....but I can do this!

KellyTheChef said:
How do you put your liq softener in? Do you have a Downy ball that releases it? If you do, the vinegar would get released into the rinse water then. It shouldn't smell like vinegar, since it's in the rinse water and they get rinsed at least one more time with clear water.

I think I will try the vinegar thing...BONUS: That's way cheaper than fab softener liquid!!!!

I may have to get ball. I just put the softener sheets in the dryer. I have never used liquid softern in the wash.

Miccrifiber tipsSo, why do I need a microfiber cloth?”
Facts and Tips on Microfiber Cloths

It is made from a super-absorbent nylon weave. (It can hold 24oz of water.)

It can eliminate most dust and dirt—even when dry! (Eliminate unnecessary chemicals in your home!)*

Durable and long-lasting, they can be washed up to 500 times*.

It will pick up dust--as well as fingerprints--without leaving any linty residue on your TV, computer, electronics, etc.*

A slightly damp microfiber cloth can remove daily gunk (toothpaste, hair) from your bathroom sink.*

With dishwashing liquid and a damp microfiber cloth, you can easily wipe down your counters, cooktops, and sink every night after dinner. Rinse the cloth thoroughly and wipe again.*

It does more than dust, it buffs and shines too!*

Dab bathroom fixtures dry daily with a microfiber cloth to prevent water and mineral deposits.*

Remove fingerprints from your stainless-steel appliances when you use it w/ a stainless-steel cleaner.*

Wipe down mirrors using a circular motion and a microfiber cloth with your glass cleaner.*

Clean your windows!!! Fill a bucket w/ water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid. Dip a microfiber cloth into the solution and work from the outside in. Dry immediately w/ a separate microfiber cloth.*

Experts recommend using the largest ones you can find and having several on hand: Ours is one of the largest available at 20x16 inches!

NOW….. WHY DO YOU NEED ONLY ONE?

So, why do I need a microfiber cloth?”
Facts and Tips on Microfiber Cloths

It is made from a super-absorbent nylon weave. (It can hold 24oz of water.)

It can eliminate most dust and dirt—even when dry! (Eliminate unnecessary chemicals in your home!)*

Durable and long-lasting, they can be washed up to 500 times*.

It will pick up dust--as well as fingerprints--without leaving any linty residue on your TV, computer, electronics, etc.*

A slightly damp microfiber cloth can remove daily gunk (toothpaste, hair) from your bathroom sink.*

With dishwashing liquid and a damp microfiber cloth, you can easily wipe down your counters, cooktops, and sink every night after dinner. Rinse the cloth thoroughly and wipe again.*

It does more than dust, it buffs and shines too!*

Dab bathroom fixtures dry daily with a microfiber cloth to prevent water and mineral deposits.*

Remove fingerprints from your stainless-steel appliances when you use it w/ a stainless-steel cleaner.*

Wipe down mirrors using a circular motion and a microfiber cloth with your glass cleaner.*

Clean your windows!!! Fill a bucket w/ water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid. Dip a microfiber cloth into the solution and work from the outside in. Dry immediately w/ a separate microfiber cloth.*

Experts recommend using the largest ones you can find and having several on hand: Ours is one of the largest available at 20x16 inches!

NOW….. WHY DO YOU NEED ONLY ONE?

OK... So I did a show and mentioned the towel special. I showed the flyer that said, "Not available in our catalog." Then, later on, someone said, that they were in the catalog. So, did I miss something?

The small dish towles are not in the catalog , they come as a set both colors . If the guest spend 60.00 they can get them FREE .

Last edited:
AJPratt said:
OK... So I did a show and mentioned the towel special. I showed the flyer that said, "Not available in our catalog." Then, later on, someone said, that they were in the catalog. So, did I miss something?
It's not the towels that are the guest special. It's a set of 2 smaller dish CLOTHS.

Doreen, They're valued at $9.50 and only the host can buy them (with her Show Discount or FPV.)

I am lovng these cloths!! I think they are a lot more manageable size for cleaning than the towels. I used them to wipe down my leather furniture and it got everything off.

So the host can get two sets if they get one free by spending $60 and buy one for $9.50, correct??

gilliandanielle said:
I am lovng these cloths!! I think they are a lot more manageable size for cleaning than the towels. I used them to wipe down my leather furniture and it got everything off.

So the host can get two sets if they get one free by spending $60 and buy one for $9.50, correct??
The way you have it worded...yes, they can get two. But actually, they (hosts only) could get as many as they wanted.
~free with $60 out of pocket products
~free using their free earned $$ (They would "cost" $9.50 each)
~discounted with their 15-30% discount they earned (retail of $9.50)

HTH

Ahhh! Okay- I didn't know there wasn't a limit. So conceivably I could order some more on a host order for myself and cover the cost if it was okay with the host??

gilliandanielle said:
Ahhh! Okay- I didn't know there wasn't a limit. So conceivably I could order some more on a host order for myself and cover the cost if it was okay with the host??
You could also order them as a personal (non-commission) order at your 30% discount as a director. $6.65 + shipping and tax.

gilliandanielle said:
I am on the phone right now with HO to get an answer to this.

We can order the dish cloths for free with a $60 personal order (non-commissionable). We can get them for free if we host our own show and spend $60 or we can purchase them AS A HOST with our half price, free product or discount.

At this point HO is telling me that hosts can only get one so if they get it for free they cannot buy one too.

She is checking with "Sales" on this and will get back to me by tomorrow.

Personally, I read it that they can buy as many as they want with their host benefits but that is not how HO is interpreting it.

Sorry I'm dense today! Are the items on special the microfiber cloths we sold last season, or are they a smaller version of the towels in the catty?

I wish I had known that when I had my show! I didn't know what to say! DUH!

AJPratt said:
Sorry I'm dense today! Are the items on special the microfiber cloths we sold last season, or are they a smaller version of the towels in the catty?

I wish I had known that when I had my show! I didn't know what to say! DUH!
Anne,

The Microfiber dish cloths are smaller versions of the microfiber towels. The guest gets one each of the colors that the current catalog has (lilac and green).

The flyers are on CC.

jenniferknapp said:
I do it anyway! But, if your towels do start to not absorb as much, you can always soak in vinegar and that will break down some of the softener that is stuck in the fibers!

My host for last Sunday mentioned this at the show. I mentioned how you don't use fabric softener on them & that I did by mistake on one of my towels a year ago. She asked if we could just use vinegar. I have never heard of that, but told her it was worth a try. Guess she was right!

Beth: THANKS! I was confused because they didn't have the size on the flyer, but I had noticed the wording of "cloth" vs "towel".

And, to join the conversation about vinegar... I use it frequently at home. I started after reading an article about John Travolta and how his kids were having reactions to the cleaners used in their house; I guess on their floors. Anyway, he said they use a lot of vinegar for cleaning. I also use vinegar for cleaning surfaces that my cats come in contact with because its non-toxic.

If you have a room with odors, put 1/2 cup of vinegar in a mug and microwave it for 3 mins. Set the mug in the middle of the room (on a table or something) and let it sit. Yes, it will stink at first, but afterwards, it will be really fresh in the room.

Oh, and as far as our towels with vinegar... My master bath floor gets caked with hair spray, believe it or not, from my husband. He just closes his eyes and sprays. Gotta love it. Anyway, someone gave me a tip to use warm vinegar and a microfiber towel to clean the floor. You can either spray the floor with the warm vineger or just kinda disperse a little on the floor and wipe it with a mf towel and the results are amazing. I mean, straight bleach doesn't even do this. Yes, its a pain to be on hands and knees cleaning the floor, but it takes a lot less time than trying to mop and scrub.

Thanks for the tips! Who knew that vinegar could do all that!

Don't thank me, thank John Travolta! LOL

Okay, HO just called me back. She apologized and said SHE had it wrong. The host can get one free if she spends $60 (only one free, just like the guests - no matter what her total is) and she CAN order an additional one with her host benefits. She didn't go so far as to say that she could order more than one with her benefits - she wasn't sure there. Her suggestion was to order what the host wants and if it isn't allowed they will hold the show, take the un-allowed dishcloths off, and refund the difference.

Thanks Beth- did anyone else get a clearer answer on purchasing multiples?? I want 10-12 of them if I can get my hands on them!!

I've got to use softener on my towels...maybe not the microfiber ones but I can't imagine a hard, scratchy towel being wiped across my skin!

All this talk about dishwashers and using softners and it messing up our towels and cloths, but I have a different problem.
I washed my brand new Microfiber cloth in the washer for the first time, it was the first time I used it, they are brand new.
Only did a few loads of dishes and wiped off a portable radio with it. No bleach, no softner, and guess what???

The corner is starting to fray :eek:

I am guessing that this is not normal and I should call for replacements !!??!!:rolleyes:

genburk said:
All this talk about dishwashers and using softners and it messing up our towels and cloths, but I have a different problem.
I washed my brand new Microfiber cloth in the washer for the first time, it was the first time I used it, they are brand new.
Only did a few loads of dishes and wiped off a portable radio with it. No bleach, no softner, and guess what???

The corner is starting to fray :eek:

I am guessing that this is not normal and I should call for replacements !!??!!:rolleyes:
Yes, get it replaced! You are supposed to be able to wash them 500 times! Now, I am sure they don't look "like new" after all of those washes, but one wash and it's fraying is NOT right!

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks Beth- did anyone else get a clearer answer on purchasing multiples?? I want 10-12 of them if I can get my hands on them!!
I would just order them and if you can't get that many they will hold the show and call you on it. Worse case, they will credit your card and not send them.

AJPratt said:
Oh, and as far as our towels with vinegar... My master bath floor gets caked with hair spray, believe it or not, from my husband. He just closes his eyes and sprays. Gotta love it. Anyway, someone gave me a tip to use warm vinegar and a microfiber towel to clean the floor. You can either spray the floor with the warm vineger or just kinda disperse a little on the floor and wipe it with a mf towel and the results are amazing. I mean, straight bleach doesn't even do this. Yes, its a pain to be on hands and knees cleaning the floor, but it takes a lot less time than trying to mop and scrub.

AJ, no need to get down on your hands and knees to use the microfiber towels on your floor. They fit really well on a Swiffer (or knock-off). Just spray or sprinkle your warm vinegar and mop away. When you're done, throw the microfiber towel in the washer. Ta da! Sparkling clean bathroom floor.

BTW, my DH uses at least twice as much hairspray as I do, and his is AquaNet. That stuff sticks to EVERYTHING!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dhclemons
  • KellyTheChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
  • esavvymom