• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Micro Steamers-- What Not to Do

In summary, Micro Steamers are a type of cooking tool that uses steam to quickly and efficiently cook food. They are made of silicone or plastic and are designed for use in the microwave. To use, simply fill with food and follow recommended cooking times and power levels. They are great for cooking a variety of foods, but not recommended for high-fat or browning foods. To clean, wash with warm soapy water or place in the dishwasher. Do not use in a conventional oven or on a stovetop, use metal utensils, or overfill the steamer.
ChefMary412
Do not cook spaghetti in the microsteamer and then try to drain it in the sink. The holes for steaming are too large for spaghetti... it goes right through.
Take it from me! :eek:

but it would work with penne or larger type pasta, right? How long do you cook it?

yeah.. I am sure others would be fine... just the thin spaghetti went right through the holes. I think I did it for 11 minutes and then let it sit for a few.

too funny - did all your past go down the drain??? :(

BTW, your little girl is a cutie! :) My "little" girl is now 11, in 5th grade!

aww thanks. 5th grade is a great time.. I love that age!
yes most of it did go in to the sink, got caught in he drain cover.
When my husband got home and I told him.. he said, "why did you not use the side with the really tiny holes to drain?"...
did not realize that there were two sizes of the drain. :)

LOL....sorry to hear about your spaghetti. Quick question....was there no boil over?

I have a "what not to do" with the i-Slice. Don't throw it in a box with stainless steel cookware then not check for it on the bottom of the pot before you put it on the stove. Luckily I caught it before it made too much of a mess on the stove since we were renting a cabin. But I had to get a new one :(

What are Micro Steamers?

Micro Steamers are a type of cooking tool that uses steam to cook food quickly and efficiently. They are typically made of silicone or plastic and are designed to fit inside a microwave.

How do I use a Micro Steamer?

To use a Micro Steamer, simply fill it with your desired food and place it in the microwave. Follow the recommended cooking time and power level for your specific food item. Make sure to use oven mitts when removing the steamer from the microwave as it will be hot.

Can I use any type of food in a Micro Steamer?

Micro Steamers are great for cooking a variety of foods such as vegetables, fish, and even eggs. However, it is not recommended to use foods with high fat content or foods that require browning, as the steamer does not allow for those cooking methods.

How do I clean a Micro Steamer?

To clean a Micro Steamer, wash it with warm soapy water or place it in the top rack of your dishwasher. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils that could damage the steamer's surface.

What are some things I should not do with a Micro Steamer?

When using a Micro Steamer, do not use it in a conventional oven or on a stovetop. Also, do not use metal utensils or sharp objects to remove food from the steamer, as this can damage the surface. Additionally, do not overfill the steamer with food, as this can cause it to spill over and create a mess.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• taterbug
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • RebelChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
RebelChef
  • avelissar