• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Open My SS2 Grater - Any Advice?

In summary, the person found that if they washed their SS2 in the dishwasher, it would be easier to open.
PCAbby
I just recieved mySS2 :) but can not get the grater open, despite following directions-any tips?

I had the same problem when I got mine and wouldn't you know it as soon as I handed it to my husband who had not read the directions he got it open. I wish I could help but I still can't figure it out. :(

I had a guest customer with the same problem. We messed around with it for about 10 mins before we got it right. I just slid the handle over and then it lifted right up. We were trying to lift and slide at the same time and that didn't work at all. I hope this helps.

They showed us how to do it at conference. Put the black handle in your right hand and have your right thumb push against the black circle that looks like a knob. You would think that you can push that in and it will move but it doesn't. What you do is have your thumb push against that piece and at the same time, pull the handle to your body and it will move up and down. Hope I helped!! :) ;)

PampMomof3 said:
They showed us how to do it at conference. Put the black handle in your right hand and have your right thumb push against the black circle that looks like a knob. You would think that you can push that in and it will move but it doesn't. What you do is have your thumb push against that piece and at the same time, pull the handle to your body and it will move up and down. Hope I helped!! :) ;)

I also found that the closer you hold it to the top of the handle, the easier it is. I worry that I might break it if it's held lower on the handle.

It's not about pushing with your thumb, it's about pulling the handle with your fingers, using your thumb position as leverage.

Every time I explain that to someone struggling with it they seem to get it.

what i didSo i threw mine in the dishwasher last night, and when I unloaded it- I tried again and it openend right up, Thanks everyone!

Hi there! Congratulations on receiving your SS2 grater! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble opening it. I completely understand how frustrating that can be. Have you tried using a little bit of oil or cooking spray around the edges of the grater? Sometimes that can help loosen it up. You could also try running it under warm water to see if that helps. If those options don't work, I would suggest reaching out to our customer service team for further assistance. They are always happy to help troubleshoot any issues with our products. I hope you're able to get your SS2 grater open soon and start enjoying all the delicious recipes you can make with it! Best of luck!

1. How do I open my SS2 grater?

To open your SS2 grater, hold the handle firmly with one hand and use your other hand to push down on the top handle. This will release the locking mechanism and allow you to open the grater.

2. Why is my SS2 grater difficult to open?

If your SS2 grater is difficult to open, it may be due to food particles or debris getting stuck in the locking mechanism. Try cleaning the grater thoroughly and make sure there is no buildup around the locking mechanism.

3. Can I use any tools to help me open my SS2 grater?

It is not recommended to use any tools to open your SS2 grater as this may damage the grater or cause injury. It is best to follow the proper method of opening the grater as described in the instruction manual.

4. Is there a specific way to hold the SS2 grater when opening it?

To open the SS2 grater, hold the handle firmly with one hand and use your other hand to push down on the top handle. Make sure your fingers are not near the blades to avoid injury.

5. What should I do if my SS2 grater still won't open?

If your SS2 grater still won't open, try gently tapping on the top handle with a kitchen utensil or using a bit of cooking oil to lubricate the locking mechanism. If the issue persists, contact Pampered Chef customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jjaastef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • dymplz8
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KateD
  • its_me_susan