• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Ideas for Micro-Cookers? Ask Away!

In summary, the micro cooker is helpful for cooking simple meals such as mac and cheese and spaghetti. It is also helpful for heating leftovers.
mary k
Silver Member
I have a past guest who ordered the micro-cookers and would like some ideas on what to cook in them, besides left overs.
Do not own these two products and so I can't really give her ideas but heating leftovers.:)

steam your vegies...place them in the cooker with a small amount of water..., heat canned vegetables, make ice tea, packaged rice dishes.

you can brown your meat and heat soups too...

mac and cheese, brown hamburg, cook chicken breasts, pasta, vegetables...you name it...if it fits in the microcooker then you can use it. I just discovered using it for mac and cheese and pasta. Boy has this change my life!! It's so much easier with less clean up!:D :D

I love my micro cooker. So far I have only browned hamburger but by reading these other ideas I am going to try these. It sounds sooo much easier than the old faschioned way.

I melt butter for popcorn in the sm. micro-cooker.

Diane

Use it to melt anything - with the lid on you have no mess and the pour spout works great!

chef.katie said:
mac and cheese, brown hamburg, cook chicken breasts, pasta, vegetables...you name it...if it fits in the microcooker then you can use it. I just discovered using it for mac and cheese and pasta. Boy has this change my life!! It's so much easier with less clean up!:D :D
How long do you cook it? I've tried pasta in the microwave and it just turns to mush.

Thanks for all your help.
I had a lady where my son works bought these at a party that I hosted and was talking to her how she liked the product and she told me that she did'nt have any ideas on what else to do with them besides boil water. There was a new cashier who never heard of Pampered Chef so I gave her a catalog and talked to her for few minutes about our products.
This is what I do every time I see someone that I've had buy a product from me and it peeks people interest up and possible new customers.:)

when we grill out and i'm feeling kinda lazy, my husband puts the steaks on the grill and i put a few potatoes in the lg. cooker and in 15 minutes they are ready to eat. no clean up except plates you eat on and micro-cooker....love it to death.....

i like to do chicken breasts and add some spices or italian dressing to it and cook it for about 12 minutes and it tastes like it's been in the oven for hours....

Does anyone have a product use sheet for the microcooker? It would be nice to give them out to those who buy it but I don't have one....

Mac-n-Cheese Question
chef.katie said:

Do you put all of the ingredients in the cooker all at once??

I ahve had a few customers ask if the Rice Cooker would make Mac-n-Chees and I had not tried it before.

Would/does a Rice Cooker work better for Mac-n-Cheese??

To make mac and cheese
1. place pasta in the micro cook with water (I fill it to about 1 inch above the pasta)
2. cook in microwave without the cover for nine minutes (stiring every 3 or 4)

3. add cover and drain

4. add cheese, milk and butter

I was having a hard time with the microcooker boiling over but as soon as I took the lid off the problem vanished.

I have no idea if you can do this in the rice cooker. I would think that the water would boil over due to the starch. Anyone else try this?

Here are recipes for the rice cooker that I found in another link

Hope it helps:eek:

Attachments

• Rice Cooker Recipes.doc
    54.5 KB · Views: 668
Rice cooker vs. micro cookerI have the micro cookers and I was wondering if there is any reason to also purchase the rice cooker. How would you compare the two and which one do you prefer?

Definately get the rice cooker, too!

I love my rice cooker!!! No more rice overflowing in the microwave!!

Plus there are some cakes you can make in it!!

The rice cooker is bigger.

Thanks fellow cheffers....

Does anyone do spagetti in the micro cooker and if so, how do you do it?

1. What are micro-cookers used for?

Micro-cookers are versatile kitchen tools that are used for cooking, reheating, and serving small portions of food. They are perfect for making individual-sized meals, side dishes, and desserts.

2. Can I use my micro-cooker in the oven?

No, micro-cookers are not oven-safe. They are designed to be used in the microwave only. Using them in the oven can cause damage to the cooker and potentially start a fire.

3. How do I clean my micro-cooker?

Micro-cookers are dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing them with warm soapy water to prolong their lifespan. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can scratch the surface of the cooker.

4. Can I cook frozen foods in a micro-cooker?

Yes, you can cook frozen foods in a micro-cooker, but the cooking time may need to be adjusted. We recommend thawing the food slightly before cooking to ensure it is evenly cooked.

5. What types of recipes can I make in a micro-cooker?

You can make a wide variety of recipes in a micro-cooker, including soups, stews, casseroles, pasta dishes, and even desserts like mug cakes. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kandio
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • taterbug
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • ChefLAM