• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting White Film in Micro Cookers

In summary, the white film in your micro cooker is caused by mineral deposits from hard water. To prevent it from forming, regularly cleaning the cooker and using filtered or distilled water is recommended. Harsh chemicals should not be used to clean the film, but instead, a mixture of vinegar and water or mild soap can be used. The white film is not harmful to your health and you can still use the cooker, but it is important to clean it regularly to maintain the quality of your food.
mminikus
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has had problems with the micro cookers getting a white film in them. I have had several customers comment on this, and I notice mine is doing that also. One of my customers said she called Pampered Chef and they told her that can come from cooking High fat foods. I know that this will not effect the performance, but everyone likes products to stay looking nice. Just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on it. :confused:

Mine has, I use it a lot for hamburger.

me tooMine is starting to get one too. I don't cook very many high-fat foods in it, so I don't know if that's the cause.

I'm with you though... anybody know if you can get rid of it? :confused:

1. What causes the white film to appear in my micro cooker?

The white film in your micro cooker is most likely caused by mineral deposits from hard water. These deposits can build up over time and create a white, cloudy film on the surface of the cooker.

2. How can I prevent the white film from forming in my micro cooker?

To prevent the white film from forming, it is important to regularly clean your micro cooker and avoid using hard water. You can also try using filtered or distilled water when cooking in the micro cooker.

3. Can I use harsh chemicals to clean the white film from my micro cooker?

No, it is not recommended to use harsh chemicals to clean your micro cooker as it may damage the surface of the cooker. Instead, try using a mixture of vinegar and water or a mild soap to remove the white film.

4. Is the white film harmful to my health?

No, the white film is not harmful to your health. It is simply a buildup of mineral deposits and is safe to use in your micro cooker.

5. Can I still use my micro cooker if it has a white film?

Yes, you can still use your micro cooker even if it has a white film. However, it is important to regularly clean the cooker to prevent the film from affecting the quality of your food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefTerri
  • Kandio
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • chefsusantaylor