• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Cooker: Is It Worth Buying?

In summary, the product is not very useful, people don't like it, and it is a good gift for teachers, college students, and others.
BettyBoop
Gold Member
Hi Does anyone have any ideas for this product? I bought one before I was a consultant, I have used it once. I can't stand it! I have 2 people wanting to buy it & I told them it's really an un useful item, you get more use out of the batter bowls! Am I missing something because I don't cook in the microwave??? I really can't stand this product, sorry but ... :yuck:

I ask others at the party to talk about any products I don't care for. You could say "I don't use the microwave so this isn't one of my personal favorites but many people absolutely love it. They use it to steam veggies, brown ground beef, melt chocolate, warm soup and many other things."

I use mine to toast coconut or nuts in the microwave. Sometimes it's easier for me to grab my microcooker than a stone.

But many use it to steam veggies.

I bet it would be great to microwave oatmeal.

Or kids who make those (nasty) microwave Kraft Mac-n-Cheese? or small cans or servings of soup. What I like about the micro cookers though is that you can use the lid. You can't do that with the batter bowl. The lid is great if if it something messy (splatters), or you need to drain something, ie- that Mac-n-cheese stuff. ;)But yes, just say you don't use it yourself, and ask if anyone here has one and what do you use it for? It's not a bad product. But like anything, you either use it or not.

I use mine to cook ground beef or sausage. You can invert it on a layer of paper towels with the lid on to drain the grease!

I use mine every single day to make old fashioned oatmeal in the microwave in 4-5 minutes. It saves me so much time and helps me have a healthy breakfast!

Love mine. Frozen ground meat in less than 20 minutes and steam vents to drain. Click on files here and type in micro as search word. Lots of uses in a booklet.

yankeeinontario said:
I use mine to cook ground beef or sausage. You can invert it on a layer of paper towels with the lid on to drain the grease!

when you need to drain ground meat, it fits perfectly on your batter bowl!! How great is that? You can set it up to drain and still work on your preparations.

I was too lazy to use my SRB to make the Chicken, Ham & Swiss roll-ups the other day. After cooking my chicken in the Micro Cooker, I used it as my mixing bowl. One dish instead of two. I liked that!!

I steam all my veggies in them! Love them

I steam my veggies, warm up left overs, heat up canned soups, and melt chocolate,

Just because you don't like an item doesn't mean that others won't use it and enjoy it. Many people don't spend much time in the kitchen and love having a tool that will work well with their microwave. I steam broccoli, cook hamburger meat, reheat leftovers, and use it to heat canned foods. The microcookers are among my best selling products. You might tell people that you aren't much of a microwave user, so you don't use the product personally, but to tell someone who has chosen an item to buy that it's not useful may not be the image that you really want to project to your customers. I will tell people that I rarely have the need to use the lemon zester, but when I need it, I'm really glad that I have it. Oh, the microwave cookers make useful and inexpensive gifts for teachers, etc. If you want to personalize it, fill it with baked goods or candy.

broccoli steamed in 3 minutes - and beautifully green when done
boneless chicken breast - 2 large - cook for three minutes, flip and cook another three minutes - perfect to use for the braid recipes, salads, bbq chicken pizza, and buffalo chicken dip.

This was one of the first items that my Mom bought for me when I was a college student. I think every college student needs one especially if they live in a dorm and it also graduates nicely into apartment living.

As a college student, I used this bowl for: mac 'n cheese--I added a can of tuna or chicken for protein; ramen noodles--they are cheaper in the packages vs. the bowls and frozen vegetables are a great addition to this unhealthy meal; reheating soups; reaheating rice (add a little bit of water) and the rice is fluffy and delicious; scrambled eggs--crack 4 eggs in the bowl, stir, add cheese and a splash of milk--so easy to clean up; steaming frozen or fresh vegetables; sliced apples with butter, cinnamon and sugar as a dessert or ice cream topping--YUM and loved by all. Or, for the chocolate lovers--fudge sauce--6 ounce semi-sweet chocolate chips, 2T. butter, 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk, 2T. water, 1tsp. vanilla--mix together and microwave until everything melts; stirring each minute so the chocolate does not burn. Serve over ice cream or dip animal or graham crackers or pretzels in the sauce.

When I moved out of the dorm, I started browning ground beef in it and used the mix 'n chop to break it up. Microwaving the ground beef simplified my lasagna recipe or Hamburger Helper recipes--I know most cooks are probably getting sick over this thought but I was still a college student. :)

The black color does not stain or look unsightly after mutiple uses unlike typical microwave or plastic dishes and clean up is so easy.

It's also great for younger children or the elderly--my 80 year old grandmother loved hers. As my grandmother got older, she did not have the as much strength and the bowl is not as heavy as a glass bowl so it was easier for her to lift out of her over the stove microwave. Also, the handles do not get too hot; I still use pot holders though especially when I cook soup in it.

My mom and I have both sizes and my grandmother uses the smallest one almost daily.

I have heard that you can steam potatoes or carrots in it if you are making a pot pie or mashed potatoes; I haven't tried it though. This is one item that I won't get rid of...I hope this helps.

1. Is the Mini Cooker suitable for small kitchens or limited counter space?

Yes, the Mini Cooker is designed to be compact and can easily fit into small kitchens or on limited counter space. Its small size also makes it convenient for storage.

2. Can the Mini Cooker cook a variety of dishes?

Yes, the Mini Cooker can cook a variety of dishes such as soups, stews, rice, pasta, and even desserts. It also has a steaming function for vegetables and seafood.

3. Is the Mini Cooker easy to clean?

Yes, the Mini Cooker has a non-stick coating on the inner pot and is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean. It also comes with a removable lid for easy access to all parts of the cooker.

4. How long does it take for the Mini Cooker to cook a meal?

The cooking time varies depending on the dish, but on average it takes about 20-30 minutes for a full meal to cook in the Mini Cooker. It also has a keep warm function to keep your meal hot until you're ready to eat.

5. Is the Mini Cooker worth the price?

That depends on your personal preferences and cooking needs. The Mini Cooker offers convenience and versatility in a compact size, making it a great option for those with limited space. It also comes with a 1-year warranty for added peace of mind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefgirlrd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Kristen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies