• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Veggies in the Microwave: How Much Water?

In summary, when cooking veggies in the microwave, it is important to add 1-2 tablespoons of water per 1 cup of vegetables. Cold water can be used, but hot water can speed up the cooking process. It is also necessary to cover the vegetables and cook them for 3-4 minutes before checking for doneness. Seasonings and herbs can be added to the water for added flavor, but in small amounts to prevent the flavors from becoming too concentrated.
pamperedchristine
Gold Member
This is going to sound stupid - but do you need to put some water in with your veggies to cook them in the micro cookers? If so, how much?

Thanks! Getting ready to make one of the new seasons best recipes for dinner and was in a panic :)

if they are frozen veggies, yes put a little in, about 2-3 tbl, there should be directions on the bag for doing them in the microwave.

I never add water to frozen vegetables. I just pour them out of the freezer pack into the microcooker. Put on the steamer lid and microwave on high for 5 minutes. They are always moist and fresh. the corn tastes like it was just removed from the cob.

1. How much water should I add when cooking veggies in the microwave?

The amount of water you need to add depends on the type of vegetable and the quantity you are cooking. Generally, 1-2 tablespoons of water per 1 cup of vegetables is sufficient. However, some vegetables, like broccoli and cauliflower, may require more water to cook evenly.

2. Can I use cold water when cooking veggies in the microwave?

Yes, you can use cold water when cooking veggies in the microwave. It may take slightly longer to cook, but it will not affect the final result. However, using hot water can speed up the cooking process.

3. Do I need to cover the vegetables when cooking them in the microwave?

Yes, it is important to cover the vegetables when cooking them in the microwave. This helps to trap steam and allows the vegetables to cook evenly. You can use a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap to cover the dish.

4. How long should I cook veggies in the microwave?

The cooking time will vary depending on the type and quantity of vegetables, as well as the wattage of your microwave. As a general rule, start with 3-4 minutes and then check the vegetables for doneness. If they are not fully cooked, continue to microwave in 1-minute increments until they are tender.

5. Can I add seasonings or herbs to the water when cooking veggies in the microwave?

Yes, you can add seasonings or herbs to the water when cooking veggies in the microwave. This can help enhance the flavor of the vegetables. Just be sure to use a small amount, as the flavors can become more concentrated during the cooking process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisatx04
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kspry
  • taterbug
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies