• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Micro Cooker Tip: Toast Sliced Almonds in 1-2 Minutes Without Lid

In summary, the conversation is about using a microcooker to toast sliced almonds and whether or not to use the lid. Some people suggest not using the lid as it can result in steamed nuts instead of toasted ones. Others suggest using stoneware instead. One person tried toasting without the lid and the nuts turned out fine. There is some humor about the phrase "toast my nuts." Overall, there is no clear consensus on whether or not to use the lid, but the general rule is to follow the directions or use personal preference.
babywings76
Gold Member
When a recipe says as a tip to toast sliced almonds, put nuts in the microcooker and to cook them 1-2 minutes...does it mean with or without the lid?

I always assume they want me to use the lid on the Micro-Cooker unless it says otherwise.

Okay, thanks. I just wasn't sure. :)

I don't guarantee that's the right answer. It's just mine. LOL!

I would skip the lid unless it says to use it. The lid holds in the moisture, which results in steamed nuts, not toasted. Although I will also admit that when I toast nuts or coconut in the microwave, I use stoneware 100% of the time.

In the past, when I use it to melt chocolate, or peanut butter I would use it w/o the lid. I did do it w/o the lid for the nuts because I hadn't read Rae's response in time. Ann, what you say makes sense. Rae, you're right that if it doesn't say so, it's natural to think you should use the lid since that's how the product is. Too bad they don't specify in directions so that people like me (who can be very literal w/ directions, then second-guess myself) can know what to do. :D

Amanda So how did the nuts turn out without using the lid????

oh, sorry I didn't report promptly. What a crazy day it was today! :DI did it w/o the lid and they turned out just fine. They didn't brown but they tasted great. I wasn't sure if they would brown or not, so I stuck to the recommended 2 minutes. (It said 1-2 min. I did 1 min and then checked them and stirred them around and did another minute)

I never use the lid on mine unless it says so. I try to do what I'm told LOL

I'm like Ann though and toast my nuts in a small piece of stoneware.

kcjodih said:
I'm like Ann though and toast my nuts in a small piece of stoneware.
:eek: Is there something you're not telling us?

Sorry. That just struck me as funny this morning.

chefann said:
:eek: Is there something you're not telling us?

Sorry. That just struck me as funny this morning.

You are TOO funny Ann! :D :D :D Last night as I was rereading what I posted I thought 'uh oh, doesn't sound right!' and thought should I post a smart remark that it didn't sound right or that it was the perfect opening for KG or just leave it alone...and I chose to leave it alone LOL

Thanks for the giggle ;) :)

What is a Micro Cooker?

A Micro Cooker is a microwave-safe container specifically designed for cooking and reheating food in the microwave.

How do I use the Micro Cooker to toast sliced almonds?

To toast sliced almonds in the Micro Cooker, simply place the almonds in the cooker and microwave for 1-2 minutes on high, without the lid. Stir and continue microwaving in 30-second intervals until desired level of toasting is achieved.

Why do I need to remove the lid when toasting sliced almonds?

Removing the lid allows for the moisture to escape and prevents the almonds from steaming, resulting in a crispier and more evenly toasted texture.

Can I use the Micro Cooker to toast other nuts?

Yes, the Micro Cooker can be used to toast a variety of nuts such as walnuts, pecans, and cashews. Just follow the same instructions for toasting sliced almonds.

Is the Micro Cooker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Micro Cooker is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• loreo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • PCSarahjm