• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Cooking Frozen Veggies in a Micro Cooker: Tips & Advice

In summary, the best way to cook frozen vegetables in a Micro Cooker is to add a small amount of water or broth to the bottom of the cooker and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes. All types of frozen vegetables can be cooked in a Micro Cooker, but some may require different cooking times and it's important to not overfill the cooker. Defrosting is not necessary and can even be beneficial. To prevent soggy vegetables, avoid overcooking and drain excess liquid. Seasonings and sauces can also be added, but be cautious of adding too much liquid.
taterbug
I just got a call from a customer who has a question about the Micro Cooker. As I don't use the cookers very much, I told her that I would seek some feedback from you guys.
She said that she likes to use steamer bags to cook frozen vegetables in the microwave; however, she is having a hard time finding the bags (I am not familiar with microwave steaming, much less steamer bags). She wants to know how the Micro Cookers are with steaming frozen vegetables in the microwave.
I would appreciate your feedback/suggestions for her. Thanks!

That is what I use the Micro Cooker for the most! I love it! Just a little bit of water and 5 min in the Microwave and Presto! I also love that I can just tip the entire container over the sink to strain out the water because of the strainer top.
I would highly recommend these. My customers love it!

I use them for that purpose too! Though, I tend to use my Rice Cooker the most (even for steaming veggies!) I don't add water to my veggies though and they still come out great (because there is already water in the vegetable) I just add salt and pepper.

Thank you. I will pass that along to her.

i use my micro cooker all the time to cook potatos, peel if you want , i like the skin on. cut up like you would for mashed, rinse off strain most ofthe water off. put on lid. microwave on high for ten to twelve minutes.mash in micro cooker or pan fry them. SO GOOD

They're fab with frozen veggies. I don't use water and follow micro directions for time. Perfect every time.

What is the best way to cook frozen vegetables in a Micro Cooker?

The best way to cook frozen vegetables in a Micro Cooker is to add a small amount of water or broth to the bottom of the cooker, then add your frozen vegetables and cover. Microwave on high for 3-5 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the vegetables are heated through and tender.

Can I cook all types of frozen vegetables in a Micro Cooker?

Yes, you can cook all types of frozen vegetables in a Micro Cooker. However, some vegetables may require slightly different cooking times, so it's important to check the package instructions and adjust accordingly. Also, be sure to not overfill the cooker and leave enough room for the vegetables to expand as they cook.

Do I need to defrost frozen vegetables before cooking them in a Micro Cooker?

No, you do not need to defrost frozen vegetables before cooking them in a Micro Cooker. In fact, cooking them from frozen can help retain more nutrients and prevent them from getting too mushy.

How do I prevent my frozen vegetables from getting soggy when cooking in a Micro Cooker?

To prevent your frozen vegetables from getting soggy, be sure to not overcook them. Start with the minimum recommended cooking time and adjust as needed. Also, make sure to drain any excess water or broth from the cooker before serving.

Can I add seasonings or sauces to my frozen vegetables when cooking in a Micro Cooker?

Yes, you can add seasonings or sauces to your frozen vegetables when cooking in a Micro Cooker. Just be mindful of the amount of liquid you add to the cooker, as too much liquid can cause the vegetables to become waterlogged. It's best to add seasonings or sauces after the vegetables are cooked and drained.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • ChefLAM
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • magentablue