• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Cook Spaghetti in a Microwave?

In summary, you can cook spaghetti in a microwave using a special microwave safe pasta cooker or a microwave safe bowl with a lid. The average cooking time is about 10-12 minutes, but it may vary depending on the microwave and the amount of spaghetti. You will need to add water to the pasta before microwaving, using 1 cup of water for every 4 ounces of pasta. Regular spaghetti noodles can be used in the microwave as long as they are broken in half and enough water is added to cover them. To check if the spaghetti is done cooking, use a fork to see if it is tender, and continue microwaving in 1-minute intervals if it is still hard.
byrd1956
Gold Member
I have a customer that wants to know if she can cook spagetti in a micro cooker. I told her it would seem like no, since you have to get the water to a rolling boil before putting in the spagetti. Any thoughts on this???

I cook Easy Mac in my micro cooker so I don't see why you coulnd't make regular pasta. I don't the pasta in easy mac is different than out of a regular box.

I would say yes... I have cooked pasta in the microwave many times.... when we run out of gas for the stove... or in college. put the pasta and water in together and cook... not sure on time. You can cook pasta in anything... I have even cooked it in a coffee maker before.

I've always brought the water to a boil before adding the pasta. Once when I was young and we were having a Spagetti Dinner @ church we put the pasta in when the water was cold and everything lumped together and we had to throw it out. At least that is what the adults told us....you mean we should have just kept cooking it?

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out about cooking spaghetti in the micro cooker. While it may seem like it's not possible, there are actually some ways to make it work. One option is to pre-boil the water in a separate container and then pour it into the micro cooker with the spaghetti. Another option is to use a microwave-safe pasta cooker specifically designed for cooking pasta in the microwave. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. Can you cook spaghetti in a microwave?

Yes, you can cook spaghetti in a microwave using a special microwave safe pasta cooker or a microwave safe bowl with a lid.

2. How long does it take to cook spaghetti in a microwave?

Cooking times may vary depending on the type of microwave and the amount of spaghetti being cooked, but on average it takes about 10-12 minutes.

3. Do I need to add water when cooking spaghetti in a microwave?

Yes, you will need to add water to the pasta before microwaving. The general rule is to use 1 cup of water for every 4 ounces of pasta.

4. Can I use regular spaghetti noodles in the microwave?

Yes, you can use regular spaghetti noodles in the microwave as long as they are broken in half and enough water is added to cover them.

5. How do I know when the spaghetti is done cooking in the microwave?

You can check the doneness of the spaghetti by using a fork to see if it is tender. If it is still hard, continue microwaving in 1-minute intervals until it reaches your desired consistency.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • loreo
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
loreo