1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Micro cooker question

1. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

I have a customer that wants to know if she can cook spagetti in a micro cooker. I told her it would seem like no, since you have to get the water to a rolling boil before putting in the spagetti. Any thoughts on this???

Jun 29, 2009
  2. PCMomto4

PCMomto4 Member

I cook Easy Mac in my micro cooker so I don't see why you coulnd't make regular pasta. I don't the pasta in easy mac is different than out of a regular box.

Jun 29, 2009
  3. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

I would say yes... I have cooked pasta in the microwave many times.... when we run out of gas for the stove... or in college. put the pasta and water in together and cook... not sure on time. You can cook pasta in anything... I have even cooked it in a coffee maker before.

Jun 29, 2009
  4. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

I've always brought the water to a boil before adding the pasta. Once when I was young and we were having a Spagetti Dinner @ church we put the pasta in when the water was cold and everything lumped together and we had to throw it out. At least that is what the adults told us....you mean we should have just kept cooking it?

Jun 29, 2009
Have something to add?