• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding a Host Who's Been Difficult to Contact

In summary, this host was difficult to contact and met the host at a booth. They had a customer contact form filled out, but it's unclear if it was actually taken. The host has been emailing the host, but has not received a response. The host has noticed that the host has added numerous people to the invite list and is planning to attend the show.
Sheila
Gold Member
So I have a host who's been very difficult to contact. I met her at one of my booths, and I'm SURE I had her fill out a customer contact form ... but I can only assume that one of my recruits grabbed it by mistake when they left. I only had her name & home #, then she e-mailed me so I had that as well. Her home # is now out of service, so I've only been able to e-mail. She's not been responding to the e-mails, but I noticed online that she added numerous names to the invitation list, didn't send out online invitations (unless she did it through personal e-mail or e-vite) but she marked 8 as having RSVP'd to attend.

So it's Saturday night here in Japan and her show is at 2PM tomorrow. I e-mailed her a couple of hours ago saying:

Hey J...,

The number that I have for you (XXX-XXXX) is not a valid number and you guys are unlisted, so I still don't have a way to call you. I was checking to see if you were still wanting to do your Pampered Chef Show tomorrow? If so, we need to choose a recipe! ;)

Please give me a call or shoot me a quick e-mail and let me know. Although this more "fun" than "work", it's still how I do the little extras for my family, so I would appreciate knowing if I'm going to be working or if I'll be unemployed tomorrow. If you've changed your mind, it's okay ... I'd just like to know. It's too late for me to offer the time slot to another host, but I can still make last minute plans to do something with my children tomorrow vs. sitting around waiting to see if you call. ;)

Her response:
NO we are still on for tomorrow! My cell number is ... I have decided not do the cooking part though.
I already have about 700.00 of outside orders, and I know for sure that 4 people are coming.
what time should I accept you tomorrw?
talk to you later
J...

$700 in outside orders before the show? That's a new one for me! I'm super impressed!!! Of course I had to offer the business opportunity to her! Here's my response from about 5 min's ago:
Wow, that's GREAT for outside orders!!! You would make a great consultant! Have you ever thought about the business opportunity? If you were interested in making this your first show, you would already have about $140 in commissionable sales just off your outside orders ... plus all the host benefits! And if you have any of your guests who are interested in holding a show, you could have those too, to help get your new business up & off the ground. I'd be happy to give you more info if you are interested. If not, that's okay too. ;)

I usually arrive between 15-30 min's early to set up everything. What would you like to do? Just kind of walk through the catalog & talk about the different products? I can bring a couple of items for them to look at and touch as well. Or we could do something super easy like a salsa if you wanted to run to the commissary in the morning: The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

Also, I don't seem to have your address ... mailing or local address. So if you could send those to me, I'd appreciate it. I have a base map, so if you are still on Kadena, I can find you with just the building number.

I still need to pack the appropriate tools for tomorrow, so let me know as early as you can if you just want me to display some items or if you actually wanted to do the salsa so I can make sure that I print out the recipe & bring the right tools for the interactive demo. :D

I'd LOVE to sign her as a consultant, but if she's not interested I won't complain about the easy commission either. ;)

Wow... Fingers crossed for you

debbi

That's fab! Looks like you have an awesome outcome, regardless of what she decides! lol Whoo Hoo!

I was kind of shocked that she's been working so hard but not responding to e-mails. Weird, huh? I was really expecting her to flake out at the last minute. I was quite surprised when I received her e-mail tonight! :D

I can imagine! Maybe she's not big on the internet. = ) Glad it worked out so well...if only ALL our MIA Hosts would turn out like her! lol

That's a wonderful surprise! Goes to show that when you assume, you make an... I have to work on not assuming things as much :D

She did reply back & wants to do the Salsa recipe that I suggested. She didn't comment on the consultant info. LOL

WOW - this gives me hope for my party today (also at 2pm). I too could not get a hold of her & after 10+ emails & many phone messages! WHY do they do that??? ;) Good luck today - that sounds awesome!

1. Why is it important to find a host who's been difficult to contact?

Finding a host who has been difficult to contact is important because it allows you to follow up and confirm important details for the party, such as the guest list, menu, and any special requests. It also shows your commitment to providing excellent customer service.

2. How can I locate a host who has been difficult to contact?

One way to locate a difficult-to-contact host is by utilizing your network of contacts. Reach out to mutual friends or acquaintances who may have a connection to the host and ask for their assistance in getting in touch. You can also try searching for the host on social media or through online directories.

3. What should I do if I still can't reach the host after multiple attempts?

If you have exhausted all your options and still cannot reach the host, it may be best to move on and focus on other potential hosts. However, make sure to leave a final message or email letting them know that you were unable to reach them and that you would be happy to assist them in the future if they are interested.

4. How can I make it easier for a host to contact me?

Make sure to have multiple forms of contact available, such as phone, email, and social media. Also, try to be flexible with your communication methods and be willing to work around the host's schedule.

5. Is it appropriate to reach out to a host through their friends or family?

Yes, it is appropriate to reach out to a host's friends or family if you are having trouble contacting the host directly. Just make sure to be respectful and explain your reason for reaching out. Also, ask for their permission before sharing any personal information about the host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckellyd
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • LarissaRed123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76