• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Themed Taco Bar Ideas for a Fun B-day Party - Suggestions Welcome!

In summary, Lisa is hosting a Mexican themed birthday party for her family. She is thinking of having a Taco Bar and making the family sized baked burritos. Some other ideas include putting different ingredients in prep bowls (the small sa bowls) and letting everyone make their own tacos, having salsa and chips, a cherry lemonade in the QS Pitcher, and a sugar cookie dusted with cinnamon sugar for dessert or is there a b.day cake involved?
onepamperedmom68
Hi everyone
I am just wondering if you lovely friends can give me some suggestions for a Taco Bar/Mexican Themed B-day party that I am hosting for family?
I am not doing a PC show or anything, strictly a b-day party.
I am thinking of having a Taco Bar and making the family sized baked burritos.
Does anyone have any other recipe suggestions or serving suggestions? I want it to be fun and can't come up with any good ideas!
My brain is fried lately. I am having my 6 year olds KIDS birthday party today and have 15 five and six year olds coming! The Taco party is next weekend for family members...that is IF I survive the kid party today!
Thanks in advance for your help!
Lisa :)

One idea would be to put different ingredients in prep bowls (the small sa bowls) and let everyone make their own tacos. You could have taco meat and fajita chicken, tomatoes, onions, cheddar and monterey jack cheeses, guacamole, sour cream, warm tortillas, lettuce, salsa, refried beans, etc. There used to be a restaurant in Texas that had something like this on the menu - tons of awesome toppings on a lazy susan for everyone to share - super YUMMY!

Great ideas!
Thank you very much!
:)

Oh...add some salsa music (or fun La Cuceracha...Mexican Hat Dance) kind of stuff.

Pinatas for hitting or decoration are cool.

Cherry Lemon/Lime-ade in the QS Pitcher.

Salsa and Chips...Nachos...

Oh and how about a sugar cookie dusted with cinnamon sugar for dessert or is there a b.day cake involved?

Go fishing for the treat bags by pulling a string/ribbon from behind a curtain or from a bamboo pole...or they could be in the pinata...

Let us know what you came up with and what worked for you!

Taco RIngHave you ever tried the Taco Ring in All the Best cookbook? The kids love it

Thanks to ALL!
I am going to have a taco bar and make the taco ring for the kids. Also making the family sized burritoes. We are having a pinata and birthday cake (it is my 5 year old daughter's birthday and my son is turning 1).
I am really looking forward to it. I thought a taco thing would be easy for me and yummy too!
Thanks for all the great ideas! I REALLY appreciate them!:D

OHHHH - I have a friend that does Walking Tacos. She has all the fixings laid out - tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream - the works. Then she gives the kids the small bags of Doritos (nacho cheese flavor). The kids put the ingredients in the bag and eat out of the bag. She served these at a baseball party and the kids ate them up. They thought it was cool to eat out of the bag and there was no clean up. You might try it.

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet

1. What are some ideas for a Mexican themed taco bar?

Some ideas for a Mexican themed taco bar could include setting up a build-your-own taco station with various toppings and fillings, serving a variety of salsas and dips, incorporating traditional Mexican dishes such as enchiladas or tamales, and offering a selection of margaritas or other festive drinks.

2. How can I make my taco bar more interactive and fun?

To make your taco bar more interactive and fun, you could have guests participate in a taco-making competition, set up a DIY guacamole station, or have a piñata filled with Mexican candies and treats.

3. What are some suggestions for decorations for a Mexican themed party?

Some suggestions for decorations for a Mexican themed party could include using brightly colored tablecloths and napkins, hanging papel picado banners, incorporating cacti and succulents as centerpieces, and setting out sombrero hats as props for photos.

4. How can I accommodate dietary restrictions at my Mexican themed taco bar?

To accommodate dietary restrictions, you could offer a variety of options for fillings, such as vegetarian or vegan options, gluten-free tortillas, and a selection of toppings that cater to different dietary needs.

5. What types of desserts would be appropriate for a Mexican themed party?

Some appropriate desserts for a Mexican themed party could include churros, tres leches cake, flan, or a variety of Mexican candies and treats. You could also serve Mexican-inspired cocktails or mocktails as a sweet ending to the meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
amybee
  • simms148
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedinConshy
  • Happy Mom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies