• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Mexican Themed Show for 10-12 People: Tips for Doubling Recipes

In summary, when cooking for a larger group of 10-12 people, it is helpful to look for recipes that use a slow cooker or Instant Pot for larger portions. Additionally, reaching out to the Pampered Chef community or getting creative with recipe adjustments can lead to successful doubling. Remember to have fun and enjoy the process!
pkd09
Silver Member
Doing one in a week for approx 10-12 people. Most of the recipes I am finding feed 6-8; any ideas? Any particular recipes that have been successful doubling?

Recipes that serve 6-8 for a meal are usually good for 12-16 servings at a show, since they should be sample sized servings. I've served the Mexican Chicken Lasagna to a group of 15 at a show.

Really....12-15 that is awesome! I love that recipe and my host is having a lot of other food too so that should work. Thanks Chef Ann:chef:

You just need to make sure it sits for a few minutes to set up, and then use the mini serving spatula to serve it. Especially if the host has other food, you really only need to serve portions that are a few bites each.

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I completely understand your dilemma. Doubling recipes can be tricky, but don't worry, I've got some ideas for you!One tip is to look for recipes that use a slow cooker or Instant Pot. These tend to make larger portions and can easily be doubled. Some successful recipes that I've doubled in the past include slow cooker pulled pork, beef stroganoff, and chili.Another option is to check out our Pampered Chef community online. There are often discussions and threads about doubling recipes and what has worked for others. You can also reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for their tried and true recipes for larger groups.Lastly, don't be afraid to get creative and make some adjustments to existing recipes. For example, if a recipe calls for one pound of ground beef, use two pounds instead to double the portion. You can also add in extra veggies or protein to bulk up the dish.I hope these ideas help you out and good luck with your event! Remember, the key is to have fun and enjoy the process of cooking for a larger group. Happy cooking!

1. How do I choose which recipes to double for a Mexican themed show?

To choose which recipes to double for a Mexican themed show, consider the amount of ingredients needed, the complexity of the recipe, and the time it takes to prepare. It may be helpful to choose recipes that can easily be multiplied, such as tacos or enchiladas, and avoid recipes that require a lot of individual assembly, like empanadas.

2. How should I adjust cooking times when doubling a recipe?

When doubling a recipe, it is important to adjust the cooking times accordingly. Typically, you will need to add about 25% more time to the original cooking time. Keep an eye on the food as it cooks and use a thermometer to ensure it is fully cooked before serving.

3. What are some tips for managing the preparation and cooking of a large quantity of food?

To manage the preparation and cooking of a large quantity of food, it is important to plan ahead and stay organized. Make a list of all the ingredients and equipment you will need and prepare as much as you can ahead of time. Use multiple cooking surfaces, such as stovetop and oven, to cook different dishes simultaneously. And don't be afraid to ask for help from your guests!

4. How can I ensure that all the food is ready at the same time for a large group?

To ensure that all the food is ready at the same time for a large group, it may be helpful to stagger the cooking times of different dishes. Start with dishes that take the longest to cook and then move on to quicker dishes. Use a timer and make sure to keep an eye on each dish as it cooks to prevent burning or overcooking.

5. What are some suggestions for doubling recipes for guests with dietary restrictions?

If you have guests with dietary restrictions, consider offering a variety of options to accommodate their needs. For example, if someone is gluten-free, you can serve corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. You can also provide options for vegetarians or vegans, such as using tofu or beans as a protein substitute. It is always a good idea to communicate with your guests beforehand to ensure you are able to provide suitable options for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NewtoMom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
safariphoto
  • gailz2