• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spice Up Your Party with a Mexican Theme: Taco Ring & Homemade Salsa Recipe

In summary, a flyer for a mexican themed party can be found here. It recommends the Chicken Enchilada Ring as a recipe to be served. The recipe is easy to follow and is sure to please.
Loreen
Does anyone have a flyer / invitation that they use for a mexican theme party. I'm doing the taco ring & homemade salsa at a party at the end of the month and wanted to do up a theme related flyer / invitation

Thanks for the help.

I've used this in the past, but I would tweak a little. It should be a good start though. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• Mexican Fiesta Invitation general.doc
    60 KB · Views: 541
If you search in the files here I think there is a Margarita Party one that I always use (it draws a big attendance too :)

thanks:thumbup: Thanks - - that looks great and I'll be able to tweak it.

I'm doing one of these at the end of the month as well...any cool games you play with this theme? We're calling ours a "Nacho" Ordinary Party!

not sure if you have something picked out or not, for cooking wise. but I've been doing the Chicken Enchilada Ring, and that has been a HUGE hit! I have a modified version, as I have found the recipe from PC isn't as good. I need to get it from home, but let me know if you're interested.

At my parties, the margarita's usually provide the entertainment :)!!!

I'd love to see your modified chicken enchilada ring recipe!!

And, do you do the margarita's in the quick stir pitcher?

Or the Family Burrito from a few seasons back -- great recipe and shows well!

Here's one I have...

Attachments

• Mexican Fiesta Invite.doc
    106.5 KB · Views: 411
Modified Chicken Enchilada Ring Recipe:

Chicken Enchilada Ring

2 C. coarsely chopped chicken
1 C. shredded Monterey Jack/Cheddar blend
1/2 C. sour cream
1 T. Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1 plum tomatoes
1 lime
2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
2 pkgs. crescent rolls
3/4 C. salsa

Preheat oven to 375° F.

Mix chopped chicken, cheese, salsa, sour cream, chips and seasoning mix in bowl. Slice lime in half. Juice one half of lime to measure 1 t. of juice. Reserve remaining lime for garnish. Add lime juice to chicken mixture. Mix well.

Separate dough into triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on a 13" baking stone. Wide ends should overlap in the center and points should be toward the outside. There should be a 5" diameter opening in the center.

Scoop chicken mixture onto the wide ends of the triangles. Bring points of the triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends. Do not cover filling completely. It should show in between each triangle.

Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.

For garnish, cut remaining tomato into 8 wedges. Cut remaining half of lime into 4 slices, cut in half. Arrange between openings of ring where filling is showing. Serve with salsa and sour cream.

I add garlic and cilantro to mine and it really adds a lot! I think i have done that recipe well over 100 times!!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Taco Ring?

You will need 2 packages of crescent rolls, 1 pound of ground beef, 1 packet of taco seasoning, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and any additional toppings you prefer, such as diced tomatoes, onions, or jalapenos.

2. Can I use a different protein instead of ground beef in the Taco Ring?

Yes, you can use ground turkey, shredded chicken, or even black beans as a vegetarian option. Just make sure to cook the protein before assembling the Taco Ring.

3. How do I make the homemade salsa?

You will need 4-5 ripe tomatoes, 1 small onion, 1 jalapeno, 1 lime, and 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro. Chop the tomatoes, onion, and jalapeno and mix together in a bowl. Squeeze in the juice of the lime and add in the chopped cilantro. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.

4. Can I make the Taco Ring and salsa ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Taco Ring and salsa a few hours in advance and refrigerate until ready to bake and serve. The salsa can be made a day in advance for even more flavor.

5. Is the Taco Ring and salsa recipe spicy?

The level of spiciness can be adjusted based on your preference. If you prefer a milder flavor, you can use less taco seasoning and jalapeno in the Taco Ring, and remove the seeds from the jalapeno in the salsa. You can also add in more toppings, such as sour cream or avocado, to help balance out the spice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • sharon66
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chef tso
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies