• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Perfect Dessert for a Mexican Fiesta Party?

Ingredients:1 box white cake mix2 cans strawberry flavored sparkling water1/4 cup strawberry syrup1 tsp strawberry extractDirections:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.2. In a bowl, combine cake mix, sparkling water, strawberry syrup, and strawberry extract.3. Pour mixture into 9x13 inch baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.4. Let cool and frost.5. Enjoy!In summary, our cluster's Christmas party is on Monday. It's a Mexican Fiesta theme. The want me to bring either a green salad or a dessert. Can you think of something more Mexican inspired to
babywings76
Gold Member
our cluster's Christmas party is on Monday. It's a Mexican Fiesta theme. The want me to bring either a green salad or a dessert. Can you think of something more Mexican inspired to go with that? I was going to make a torte, but remembered the Mexican theme. Now I'm not sure what to make.

you could still make the torte, but decorate with Mexican colors (also Christmas colors) red, white and green! (red cherries, white cool whip, maybe green sprinkles)

The mexican chocolate cake (you can look it up on CC since it was in a recent SB) or the mini margarita tarts (the recipe is on here...just type in margarita and it will be in one of the resulting threads.) Both recipes are delish!

tossed salad with cilantro and some avocado or flan for dessert.

definitely flan- I have a really simple recipe for it, and it is WAY better than that yucky jello flan. :)It's just 2 cans evaporated milk, 2 cans sweetened condensed, and 8-10 eggs. Cook in a bundt or crown cake pan in a hot water bath in the oven at 350 for about an hour (could be less). It is sooo rich and yummy! If you want to put a caramel sauce on it, just caramelize some sugar on the stove top. Put about a cup of sugar in a small pot and cook while stirring constantly until the sugar melts into a light brown liquid. Pour the liquid into your flan pan before you add the egg mixture. It will melt in the oven and make a really pretty sauce.I'm going to try to make mini flans in my new floral silicon cupcake molds!

i second the margarita tarts!!!

You can also try Tres Leches cake, super easy and wonderful!!

Yum! Flan - I love Flan!:love:

This is the recipe my neighbor (who moved here from Mexico about 6 yrs ago) uses. We love it when she makes us Flan!

Creamy Caramel Flan

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup white sugar
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
5 eggs
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a small, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook sugar, stirring, until golden. Pour into a 10 inch round baking dish, tilting to coat bottom and sides. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Beat in condensed and evaporated milk and vanilla until smooth. Pour into caramel coated pan. Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place baking dish on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven 50 to 60 minutes, until center is just set. Cool one hour on wire rack, then chill in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight. To unmold, run a knife around edges of pan and invert on a rimmed serving platter.

The Mexican chocolate cake is yummy! Or apple berry salsa if you can get strawberries. (not really Mexican, but it's "salsa")

Strawberry Margarita Cake...READY FOR AN “Advanced” MICROWAVE CAKE? Here goes… good luck!
Strawberry Margarita Cake
• Vanilla Cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake MINUS ½ cup of water if there is a lot of juice from strawberries)
• Strawberry Kool-Aid unsweetened packet
• 1 small container THAWED frozen strawberries (can use fresh sliced strawberries)
• 1 lime (juice & zest)
• 1 container vanilla flavored frosting (can add food color)
• 1 tsp rum extract (optional)
Mix cake mix with oil/water, kool-aid, rum extract (optional), finely chopped lime zest; drop strawberries on top before baking, as they will sink thru the cake during baking;
Bake in oiled fluted stone in microwave for 11-13 minutes (top of cake should be done). When cool frost. FROSTING: Mix lime juice, rum extract and frosting to taste- add food coloring for fun.

Strawberry Margarita Squares are delish! The recipe name is coming off the top of my head but the recpe is in the delightful desserts cookbook!

1. What are some easy Mexican-themed dessert ideas?

Some easy Mexican-themed dessert ideas include churros, flan, tres leches cake, sopapilla cheesecake, and Mexican hot chocolate brownies.

2. How can I incorporate traditional Mexican flavors into my dessert?

You can incorporate traditional Mexican flavors into your dessert by using ingredients such as cinnamon, vanilla, chocolate, and Mexican spices like chili powder or cayenne pepper.

3. Can I make a Mexican-themed dessert without using dairy or gluten?

Yes, there are many dairy-free and gluten-free options for Mexican-themed desserts. Some examples include fruit paletas, coconut tres leches cake, and dairy-free flan made with coconut milk.

4. What is a unique twist on a classic Mexican dessert?

A unique twist on a classic Mexican dessert could be adding a layer of dulce de leche to a traditional tres leches cake or incorporating tequila into a flan recipe.

5. Are there any no-bake Mexican-themed desserts?

Yes, there are several no-bake Mexican-themed desserts, such as Mexican chocolate avocado mousse, no-bake churro cheesecake bars, and mango lime paletas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
amybee
  • julsradford
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pchefjaime
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies