• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican-Themed Party Dessert Ideas for Tracy

Ingredients:1 cup butter, softened2 cups sugar3 eggs2 teaspoons vanilla extract2 cups all-purpose flour1 teaspoon baking powder1/2 teaspoon saltDirections:1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch baking pan.2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Add flour, baking powder and salt, beating until well blended.3. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into
chef tso
Hello! A hostess of mine has requested a Mexican themed party. We have everything picked out except for the dessert. This will be made ahead of time and not as part of the show (except maybe the finishing touches).

We are having Easy Enchiladas and Margaritas, chips and salsa (plus whatever else she puts out). She will be making the margaritas and the salsa ahead of time.

Thanks for your input!
Tracy

Strawberry Margarita Squares or maybe a Dulce de Leche Cake. I would have to research where these were originally but they were awesome!

There was a Mexican chocolate cake in a SB a couple of years back. Can't remember the exact name. It could be made in the Rice Cooker Plus or Fluted Pan in the microwave and had a bit of cinnamon in it.

A fun easy Mexican dessert (if you don't care if it's PC or not) is bunuelos. They're basically fried flour tortillas sprinkled with cinnamon sugar or drizzled with maple syrup. They're good by themselves or with vanilla ice cream. It goes with the theme if you don't care if it's a PC recipe or not.

I think that flan would be a good make ahead dessert. :)

Thanks everyone! Appreciate all the ideas! Going to see what each one require (still don't have everything.....only been at it since Aug).

Tracy

I know it's not a PC recipe, but I made Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies for the holidays. They were a HUGE thumbs up. :thumbup: Very easy to make and if you have a bar pan, classic batter bowl and chopper, you could do it. Let me know if you want the recipe. If you tell me what consultant kit you have, I could help you let you know what to use to make the most of your show.

OOPs! you wanted to pre-make a dessert. Even better. Just sprinkle confection sugar on it.

This one for sure! It's awesome! Mexican Chocolate CakeYield: 6 servings12 oz Semi sweet chocolate. melted
4 Eggs separated (room-temperature)
3/4 cup Sugar
1 cup Mayonnaise (room-temperature)
3/4 cup Ground almonds
1/4 cup Flour
1/4 cup KahluaConfectioners' SugarLine the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with waxed paper. Lightly grease the waxed paper and side of pan. Melt the chocolate and cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat the egg yolks. Gradually add sugar and beat until light about 4 minutes. Add mayonnaise and beat for 1 minute longer. Stir in the ground almonds and flour until blended. Stir in Kahlua. In a medium bowl, using clean beater, beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 55 min. or until firm.Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the side of the pan and cool the cake 30 minutes longer. Invert onto a wire rack and remove bottom of pan and waxed paper. Cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar you might try using a geometric pattern made from paper to create an interesting design instead of the old doily trick.

Mixican Churros! They are simple and can be made ahead of time. VERY YUMMY! The batter is easy (look recipe up on the net) use the easy accent decorator to drop the batter into the hot oil. Fry on each side for a minute or two and the sprinkle with PC sweet cinnamon after they are removed from the oil.

Lisa, I'd love to try those out! I bought the big kit, so I do have the items you mentioned.

Thanks for the other suggestions. Unfortunately I don't have a springform pan or the easy accent decorator....yet!

lisasfuncooking said:
I know it's not a PC recipe, but I made Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies for the holidays. They were a HUGE thumbs up. :thumbup: Very easy to make and if you have a bar pan, classic batter bowl and chopper, you could do it. Let me know if you want the recipe. If you tell me what consultant kit you have, I could help you let you know what to use to make the most of your show.

Lisa,
I would love a copy of this recipe & info too if you don't mind.
[email protected]

O.K here is the recipe for Mexican Wedding Cakes:
These melt-in-your mouth, shortbread-like cookies go by many names; a Russian Tea Cake, a Mexican Wedding Cake, an Italian Butter Nut, a Southern Pecan Butterball, a Snowdrop, a Viennese Sugar Ball and a Snowball. They are very popular, not only during the Christmas season, but also at weddings, christenings, and other festive occasions. Looking at these cookies you may think they were Melting Moments, but the two differ in that Mexican Wedding Cakes contain ground nuts (ground pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, or walnuts).
The secret to making these cookies taste their best is to use a high quality butter and pure vanilla extract. Butter in the States is graded according to flavor, color, texture, aroma and body and one easy way to tell the quality of the butter is by the letter code or numerical number listed on the butter's package. The highest grade is AA (93 score), then A (92 score), followed by B (90 score). Buying vanilla extract can also be a challenge as there are so many choices. The first thing to do is to make sure that it is labeled "pure". The best I have found, although it is quite expensive, is Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract that can be found in specialty food stores and by mail order. If your budget doesn't allow this expenditure or you cannot find it, don't worry, there are quality brands to be found in your local grocery store. Just stay away from the ones labeled "imitation" vanilla extracts as they are made with synthetic vanilla (from glycoside found in the sapwood of certain conifers or from coal extracts) and leave a bitter aftertaste.

Recipe:

2/3 cup (65 grams) toasted nuts (pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts)

1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature

1/4 cup (30 grams) confectioners' (powdered or icing) sugar

1 teaspoon (2 grams) pure vanilla extract

2 cups (280 grams) all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

Topping:

1 cup (110 grams) powdered (icing or confectioners) sugar, sifted

Mexican Wedding Cakes: Preheat oven

to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.

Toast Nuts: Place nuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes, or until lightly brown and fragrant. Cool. Once the nuts have cooled completely place them, along with 2 tablespoons (25 grams) of the flour from the recipe, into your food processor, fitted with a metal blade, and process until they are finely ground (but not a paste). Set aside.

In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the remaining flour

and salt and beat until combined. Stir in the nuts. Cover and refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour or until firm.

Form the dough into 1 inch (2.54 cm) balls and place them 2 inches (5 cm) apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for about 12 - 15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies start to brown. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, line another baking pan or tray with parchment or wax paper. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of the confectioners' sugar on the bottom of the pan and then place the slightly cooled cookies on top of the sugar. Place the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar in a fine strainer or sieve and then sprinkle the tops of the cookies (or you can just roll the cookies in the sugar).

Store in an airtight container. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

I use the small bar pan to toast the nuts in the oven. I did not have any parchment paper, I just used my good seasoned bar pan. They can right off like butter, no sticking. I also used the medium scoop that was a perfect size for the cookies and didn't have to roll them out myself. I sprinkled the sugar on with the flour/sugar shaker.

They are so easy. Let me know what you think.:chef:

Just so you know, I copied and pasted this. I know Pampered Chef Vanilla is the best one to use!

What are some easy and delicious Mexican-themed dessert ideas for a party?

Some easy and delicious Mexican-themed dessert ideas for a party include churro cupcakes, tres leches cake, Mexican wedding cookies, mini flan cups, and sopapilla cheesecake bars.

How can I make traditional Mexican desserts with a modern twist for my party?

You can make traditional Mexican desserts with a modern twist by adding unique ingredients such as chocolate, cinnamon, or fruit to classic recipes. For example, you can make chocolate-filled empanadas or pineapple upside-down cake with a Mexican flair.

Can I make Mexican-themed desserts in advance for my party?

Yes, many Mexican-themed desserts can be made in advance for a party. For example, you can make churro cupcakes the day before and store them in an airtight container until serving. Tres leches cake can also be made a day in advance and refrigerated until ready to serve.

Are there any easy and quick Mexican-themed desserts that I can make for a last-minute party?

Yes, there are a few easy and quick Mexican-themed desserts that you can make for a last-minute party. Some options include mini churro bites, Mexican hot chocolate brownies, or no-bake Mexican chocolate truffles.

How can I make my Mexican-themed desserts look more festive for my party?

You can make your Mexican-themed desserts look more festive by adding colorful decorations, such as sprinkles, edible flowers, or fresh fruit. You can also serve them in festive containers, such as mini sombrero hats or colorful bowls, to add to the overall theme of your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
pclady213