• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Mexican Chicken Napoleons: Tips for Serving and Enjoying

In summary, the conversation is about making and eating Mexican Chicken Napoleons. Some ideas for consuming them include removing the top tier and eating it like a tostada, cutting them into bite-size pieces, or making them into tortilla cups. Some people also serve the dish with chips and salsa on the side. Others have found the construction and consumption of the dish to be complicated and prefer to make it ahead of time for demos.
hannahkatsmom
Okay.. Made the Mexican Chicken Napoleons last night. They turned out beautiful! BUT.. How the heck are you supposed to eat them????!!! I am making them at a show Tuesday night, and I would like to be able to tell the guests the best way to eat them.. Hubby and I about made mess trying to get them in our mouths..
Has anyone made them, and have any ideas? We tried to cut them, that didn't work, tried to pick them up, they fell apart... HELP!!!!

i remove the top tier and eat it like a tostada. i also do this when demo-ing it at a show so there are more for people to sample. it does kinda fall apart but so do all tostadas. ;)

Yeah.. That's how we ended up eating them.. Made quite a mess.. Was wondering there was a "neater" way..
Thanks Kristina

You could also cut the 4" square into 4 smaller squares make them bite size.

I did single layers...also didn't cut in square, hate to throw the extra away.

I make it all in the DCB and then serve it from that and put a bag of chips in a Bamboo Bowl and the salsa in another bowl. The guests eat it like a dip.

I made it like nachos. I also love to make the pineapple kiwi salsa to serve by itself.

I made tortilla cups in the mini muffin pan (I think there was a shrimp recipe that called for this previously) and served them like that.

wadesgirl said:
I made tortilla cups in the mini muffin pan (I think there was a shrimp recipe that called for this previously) and served them like that.

Thanks. I love that idea. So obvious!! :) I was interested in the tostada recipe but really put off by the construction and consumption methods (it looks way too complicated).

Dotty said:
Thanks. I love that idea. So obvious!! :) I was interested in the tostada recipe but really put off by the construction and consumption methods (it looks way too complicated).

If you demo this make most of them ahead of time and I usually just demo the last four.

1. What is a Mexican Chicken Napoleon?

A Mexican Chicken Napoleon is a delicious and flavorful dish made by layering tortillas, chicken, cheese, and salsa together, similar to a traditional French napoleon pastry.

2. What ingredients do I need to make a Mexican Chicken Napoleon?

To make a Mexican Chicken Napoleon, you will need tortillas, cooked and shredded chicken, shredded cheese, salsa, and optional toppings like avocado, sour cream, and cilantro.

3. How do I assemble a Mexican Chicken Napoleon?

To assemble a Mexican Chicken Napoleon, start by layering a tortilla on a baking sheet, followed by a layer of chicken, cheese, and salsa. Repeat this process with another tortilla, chicken, cheese, and salsa until you have 3-4 layers. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy.

4. Can I make a vegetarian version of Mexican Chicken Napoleon?

Yes, you can make a vegetarian version of Mexican Chicken Napoleon by substituting the chicken with beans or roasted vegetables and using non-dairy cheese.

5. What are some variations to the traditional Mexican Chicken Napoleon recipe?

Some variations to the traditional Mexican Chicken Napoleon recipe include adding different types of cheese, using different types of salsa, adding additional toppings like corn or black beans, and using different types of tortillas such as corn or flour.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies
Views
mmilus
  • Lilamyw3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci