• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Chicken Napoleons: A Creative Twist on a Classic Recipe

The chicken mixture was quite bland and the salsa made up for it. I will probably try this again, but will not use it as a demo recipe. I loved the flavor though with the two recipes combined.I make this recipe like Natchos, with the corn chips spread out on the large bar ban. Way quicker and much less finicky. Can serve a larger group this way too.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Do you think I could make little cups in the MMP like a few other recipes we've had and fill it with the chicken filling instead of serving it like the recipe says to? In the past the cup recipes called for flour tortillas but I know I have corn ones at home I should use up. Do you think that would work. Just wondering from the people who've made this recipe. I'd probably skip the salsa part but thought they would maybe make cute little cups.

I would not skip the salsa!! It is the best part of the recipe and really shows off the MFP! After seeing it in action, the guests will NEED to have it in their kitchen! :chef:

Sandi

I'm not doing a kitchen show, I'm hosting my own party with another company. I'll have a lot of other food so that's why I'm not doing the salsa.

I see. That sounds like a good idea. I'd love to hear how they turn out!
Sandi

I can't find the original post, but I'm really liking the idea of putting this mixture in the little corn chips that look like tiny bowls (ack -- can't think of what they are called. I've been trying to think of a recipe for my Little Black Dress Party and that could work nicely.

Sandi

I made this for my meeting last night. I burned the tortillas. I might have had them in the oven a minute too long..BUT..I hadn't even put the chicken mixture one them yet..and then they are supposed to bake a little bit longer. Since I didn't have time to redo them. Luckily I had tortilla chips..so I dumped the chicken mixture into a baking dish..it would have been the stoneware square baker if I had that with me..but I didn't..so I just used a glass baking dish..and put the cheese on top..baked that for a few minutes..just to melt the cheese..then served it with tortilla chips..everyone in my cluster loved it. I can't wait for lunch today..LOL. I brought leftovers

You could definitely use the cups, but I wouldn't skip the salsa. The combo of the chicken and salsa is delicious! Plus it gives it color and looks more appealing. You can make the salsa ahead of time and have in your SS bowl.

Heidi - the time indicated is too long. Many of my team noted that the first batch burned and we all think 4-6 minutes is best.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
You could definitely use the cups, but I wouldn't skip the salsa. The combo of the chicken and salsa is delicious! Plus it gives it color and looks more appealing. You can make the salsa ahead of time and have in your SS bowl.

Heidi - the time indicated is too long. Many of my team noted that the first batch burned and we all think 4-6 minutes is best.

The cups worked out perfectly!! Everyone raved over them! I didn't need the salsa, I had so much other food going on.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:

THANK YOU..now I don't feel as bad..I was starting to think that I was just making up an excuse..LOL.

I made this recipe the other day and it seemed like it took FOREVER to put together! I also just cut the tortillas into wedges and baked them on a cookie sheet since I had several people I was serving.I thought the chicken mixture was quite bland and the salsa made up for it. I will probably try this again, but will not use it as a demo recipe. I loved the flavor though with the two recipes combined.

I make this recipe like Natchos, with the corn chips spread out on the large bar ban. Way quicker and much less finicky. Can serve a larger group this way too.

does anyone know how they would taste if you use wonton wrapperd in the mini muffin pan and the put the mixture in there and bake all at once? just thought of that

Brenda.the.chef said:
I thought the chicken mixture was quite bland.

When I cook the chicken I season it with the Chili Lime Rub. It really adds to the recipe!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Mexican Chicken Napoleons?

To make Mexican Chicken Napoleons, you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flour tortillas, Mexican cheese blend, black beans, corn, salsa, and avocado. Optional toppings can include sour cream, cilantro, and lime.

2. How do I assemble the Mexican Chicken Napoleons?

To assemble the Mexican Chicken Napoleons, start by cooking the chicken breasts and shredding them. Then, layer the ingredients on top of a flour tortilla, starting with the chicken, followed by the black beans, corn, and cheese. Repeat this process for a second layer, and top it off with another tortilla. Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy.

3. Can I use a different type of cheese for the Mexican Chicken Napoleons?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese that you prefer for the Mexican Chicken Napoleons. However, we recommend using a Mexican cheese blend to give the dish an authentic flavor.

4. How can I make this dish vegetarian-friendly?

To make this dish vegetarian-friendly, you can substitute the chicken with a plant-based protein such as tofu or tempeh. You can also omit the cheese or use a plant-based cheese alternative. Make sure to check the ingredients in your tortillas to ensure they are also vegetarian-friendly.

5. How can I spice up the flavor of the Mexican Chicken Napoleons?

If you want to add more spice to the Mexican Chicken Napoleons, you can mix some hot sauce into the shredded chicken before assembling the dish. You can also sprinkle some chili powder or cumin on top of the cheese layer for an extra kick of flavor. Additionally, serving the napoleons with a side of jalapenos or hot salsa can add some heat to the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hannahkatsmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies