• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried Mexican Chicken Lasagne with extra cream cheese?

The recipe calls for 12 tortillas, but I only used 8. I think it would be easier to use more than one bar of cream cheese, but I only used 4. I wonder why you only used 4 tortillas. Did you add the other 2 cups of cheese.I found that the easiest way to spread the cheese is to make sure it's really soft, scoop it onto the tortilla layer with the small scoop, then spread it out with my fingers with my gloved
Rosechef
I made this tonight. My daughter and I like it, but dh didn't (would rather have homemade enchilada sauce - yeah how the heck do you make that?). Anyway, the receipe calls for 12 tortillas and only an 8 oz bar of cream cheese. I tried spreading the cream cheese out, but I really needed more. I only ended up using 4 tortillas. Have any of you made it? Any tips on spreading this out a bit more or do you use more than one bar of cream cheese? I used the small cookie scoop.

I wonder why you only used 4 tortillas? Did you add the other 2 cups of cheese. It isn't the easiest to spread but when it bakes it spreads out. I don't think I would like it if it didn't have 8 more tortillas to make the layers.

Also, try other brands of enchilada sauce...I'm sure you can find a recipe on Cookscorner or other recipe sites.

My friend adds refried beans to her dish.

Also make sure the cream cheese is really soft...microwave before adding the remaining cheeses. I usually use about 3 tortillas per layer....use the small spreader to "scoop" and pat out....and I make about 3 layers...HTH

I found that the easiest way to spread the cheese is to make sure it's really soft, scoop it onto the tortilla layer with the small scoop, then spread it out with my fingers with my gloved hand.

Last edited:
My family loves this recipe! I make it way too often. I agree with the rest soften the cream cheese - I put it in the mw for 30 sec on 50% power. Watch your mw for time. Anyway, on PC CC there is a video demonstrating how to make this recipe. They suggest using the small scoop to measure the cheese -- 12 scoops per layer. It works out really well -- then take the small spreader to spread the cheese around. As for the tortilla's are you using 6" tortilla's? Are you making three layers? Watch the video on CC and you'll get first hand ideas on how to assemble the recipe.

I have tried this with flour tortillas and green enchilada sauce and it is a very good alternative. Doesn't seem to get as mushy as it does using the corn tortillas. I also substituted turkey for the chicken and it worked fine.

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to go look for the video. It's definitely easier if you see someone make it, than trying to figure it out by just reading it.

For homemade sauce buy a bag of chile pods usually found in the latin section. Boil the chiles with stem off. When they are pretty soft throw them in the blender along with a garlic glove or 2, some salt, and some water. When you're done blending strain to get the seeds out. If it's too thick add a bit more water. I have no measurements as I make this by taste. Good Luck and hopefully DH will like it. As for a show I would use the cans.

I have found that it spreads easier if you add 1/2cup of sour cream to the mixture. Also, my family did not care for the cilantro so I use green onions and omit the regular onions in the recipe.

I'm not a big fan of cilantro either. I don't mind a small amount, but not a lot. I didn't put any it at all. There's a Mex place near us that loads everything with Cilantro. If it weren't for that, I'd eat there a lot more often.

If you're using flour tortillas, they could be a lot larger than the corn tortillas that the recipe calls for, too. I like the consistency of the corn tortillas better for this recipe, but typically use flour tortillas for other recipes, so now I have a bunch of both on hand (time to make this recipe again, I guess!).

1. What ingredients are needed to make Mexican Chicken Lasagne?

To make Mexican Chicken Lasagne, you will need cooked chicken, corn tortillas, enchilada sauce, black beans, corn, shredded cheese, and any additional toppings such as avocado or cilantro.

2. Can I use pre-cooked chicken or does it need to be cooked fresh?

You can use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe, as long as it is shredded and heated through before assembling the lasagne.

3. How spicy is this dish? Can I adjust the spice level?

This dish has a mild to medium level of spice, depending on the type of enchilada sauce used. You can adjust the spice level by using a spicier enchilada sauce or adding hot sauce to your liking.

4. Can I make this dish ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can assemble the lasagne ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the dish is cold from the fridge.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 6 servings, depending on the size of your lasagne dish and how big you cut the pieces.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
cookinfletch
  • hannahkatsmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies