• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Chicken Lasagna: A Delicious Twist with Tomatillo Salsa Substitute

In summary, the main ingredients for Mexican Chicken Lasagna are chicken, lasagna noodles, salsa, black beans, corn, cheese, and Mexican seasoning. Optional ingredients include peppers, onions, and jalapenos. Other protein options are ground beef, ground turkey, or shredded pork. The dish can be made in advance and refrigerated, or in a slow cooker with adjusted cooking times. To make it healthier, you can use whole wheat or gluten-free noodles, reduce cheese, use low-fat or Greek yogurt, and add more vegetables.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
One of my customers has asked me if tomatillo(sp?) salsa can be substituted for the enchilada sauce?

RossDeb2 said:
One of my customers has asked me if tomatillo(sp?) salsa can be substituted for the enchilada sauce?

Then it would be a green sauce instead of a red sauce, right? I use the green enchilada sauce all the time in place of the red, because we like it better that way.

I'm sure it would be fine....if they like tomatillo salsa better.

Anything can be substituted..it's all about what they like. That's what cooking is. :)By the way, is anyone else annoyed every time I read the recipe printed as Mexican Chicken "Lasagna" with it in quotes? :)

1. What ingredients are needed to make Mexican Chicken Lasagna?

The main ingredients for Mexican Chicken Lasagna are chicken, lasagna noodles, salsa, black beans, corn, cheese, and Mexican seasoning. Optional ingredients can include peppers, onions, and jalapenos.

2. Can I use a different protein instead of chicken?

Yes, you can substitute chicken with ground beef, ground turkey, or even shredded pork. Adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure the protein is fully cooked.

3. Can I make Mexican Chicken Lasagna in advance?

Yes, you can assemble the lasagna ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the cooking time if the lasagna is cold from the fridge.

4. Can I make Mexican Chicken Lasagna in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make a slow cooker version of Mexican Chicken Lasagna. Layer the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.

5. How can I make Mexican Chicken Lasagna healthier?

To make Mexican Chicken Lasagna healthier, you can use whole wheat or gluten-free lasagna noodles, reduce the amount of cheese, and use a low-fat or Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. You can also add more vegetables such as spinach, zucchini, or mushrooms to the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ErinApron
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • julsradford