• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Mexican Chicken Lasagna Recipe - Perfect for Any Occasion!

In summary, the hosts of a show made the mistake of thinking cilantro was broccoli and it caused an embarrassing moment for the host.
outwhit420
This may have already been discussed, but since I'm relatively new here...I was wondering if when you make the Mexican Chicken Lasagna to the recipe, does anyone find that it is very liquidy? No one's complained about it at my shows, but it just doesn't come out looking like the picture.

I did add extra tortillas to the layers, and I think it looks and tastes better. In fact, the picture that PC uses looks like it has more tortillas on the layers, which is what prompted me to do that.

Any feedback would be welcome! Thanks!

When I make it, I use 20oz. of enchilada sauce instead of 28oz. I have a hard time finding a 28oz. can, so I normally buy two 10oz. cans and that seems to work well without adding extra tortillas (not that extra tortillas is a bad thing:))

Mine comes out maybe a TAD liquidy, but generally not an issue- no one has complained. It NEVER comes out looking like the picture for me either, but it's always delicious and my guests are always impressed and love it!

How many tortillas are you using? I do the interactive show & had 2 groups going on Sunday. I wasn't paying attention to the Mexican Chicken Lasagna group when they did the layers. They mis-read the directions and only used FOUR tortillas total in the recipe (vs. 4 per layer for a total of 12). It was VERY runny. LOL And the host mis-read the ingredients and bought flour tortillas instead of corn. The guests all thought it was funny & enjoyed the "taste" of it, even if they didn't get the texture. ;)My show a couple of weeks ago with this recipe went great. It was nice & thick (which is what prompted me to question the group from yesterday on their prep).It will be a little runny when you first get it out of the microwave. Make sure you let it set the full 10 min's before serving.

Oh, and I have one word for this recipe ... Y U M M Y !!!

I agree that you have to let this sit for a full 10 minutes or it will be runny. Made the mistake the other night and tried to rush the resting time, was very soupy. I have also tried this with the thicker homemade like corn tortillas and found that it turns out better with the regular store bought tortillas.

I'm making it tonight for a show--I'll have to remember the standing time of 10 minutes. That will probably help.

I also found that using regular cream cheese is better than 1/3 less fat. There's more substance to it. That's true with most full fat versus less fat foods. In fact, I tried to sneak in the 1/3 less fat cream cheese, and my teenage son noticed something just wasn't right.

"Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby..." :sing:

I made this for dinner tonight and the HUbs liked it not as much as the microwave chicken but he liked it. I added some other ingredients because it read "bland" to me. So I added 2 cloves minced garlic, PC SW seasoning, and Cilantro cubes. It was delish.

I have made this at many of my shows lately...but the show last Friday night topped the cake! I gave the hosts the ingredient list and told her is she needed help call me. I also told her where to find the cilantro since it was never in her vocabulary or kitchen prior to this recipe. I was making the Pineapple Upside Down Cake as well. So we made the cake and placed it in the oven, and turned to make to MCL. Well, she handed me the ingredients and handed me broccoli thinking and swearing it was cilantro!!!!!!!! WHat? There was about 15 people there, and she continued to promise what she was holding WAS cilantro and not broccoli. Needless to say, the host was going to become a consultant up until that embarrassing point. The show went on and I guess it tasted fine because it all was ate up...every last bite!

batroark said:
I have made this at many of my shows lately...but the show last Friday night topped the cake! I gave the hosts the ingredient list and told her is she needed help call me. I also told her where to find the cilantro since it was never in her vocabulary or kitchen prior to this recipe. I was making the Pineapple Upside Down Cake as well. So we made the cake and placed it in the oven, and turned to make to MCL. Well, she handed me the ingredients and handed me broccoli thinking and swearing it was cilantro!!!!!!!! WHat? There was about 15 people there, and she continued to promise what she was holding WAS cilantro and not broccoli. Needless to say, the host was going to become a consultant up until that embarrassing point. The show went on and I guess it tasted fine because it all was ate up...every last bite!

Did you actually use the broccoli in the recipe? I'm thinking in the future if the host doesn't know what cilantro is, you might want to just offer to bring it yourself... if you demo this recipe a lot, it wouldn't be a big deal to have it on hand and bring, I always end up wasting so much of it...

batroark said:

LOL! That is hysterical! Thanks for the laugh!! :D

That is freaking hilarious that she bought broccoli!!! LOL

1. What ingredients do I need to make Mexican Chicken Lasagna?

To make Mexican Chicken Lasagna, you will need:

• 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 12-16 corn tortillas
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • Optional toppings: avocado, cilantro, sour cream

2. Can I make Mexican Chicken Lasagna ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble Mexican Chicken Lasagna ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it. You may need to add a few minutes to the baking time if the lasagna is cold when you put it in the oven.

3. How long does Mexican Chicken Lasagna need to bake?

Mexican Chicken Lasagna should bake for about 25-30 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven. The lasagna is done when the cheese is melted and bubbly and the tortillas on the top are slightly crispy.

4. Can I make Mexican Chicken Lasagna in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make Mexican Chicken Lasagna in a slow cooker. Layer the ingredients as you would for a traditional lasagna, but instead of baking, cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.

5. What sides go well with Mexican Chicken Lasagna?

Mexican Chicken Lasagna pairs well with a variety of sides, such as a green salad, Spanish rice, or cornbread. You can also serve it with tortilla chips and additional salsa or guacamole for dipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies
Views
chefann
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lovenpc