• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Mexican Chicken Lasagna Recipe: Tips and Pointers

In summary, the author recommends using refrigerated white corn tortillas, cooking chicken ahead, and using a different type of sauce if using the green chili sauce.
kewaters
I am doing this recipe for the first time for a show tomorrow night. Anyone have any tips/pointers to share with me?

There are lots of threads that talk about this recipe & variations, tips, etc. Use the search box and you will see lots of them come up.Personally I like mine made with green chili sauce.

I use 2 (10 oz) cans of the sauce- one red and one green. I thought the 28oz can was too runny when you go to serve it (I don't have leftovers...so it doesn't have a chance to soak it up).And FRESH Cilantro is KEY. :) Everything else, I follow as directed.

Thank you both for your help!

I also like to use 2 cans, one red, one green. :) I also cook some chicken ahead either in the DCB or on the grill pan using the Chipotle rub or SW seasoning. That gives it a bit of flavor. I also mix the onions with the chicken because I had a hard time getting the finely chopped onion to separate nicely (mine tends to get watery and clumpy when I finely chop w/ the FC). I use a little more cheese than it calls for. I also don't put the cilantro on. I serve it on the side because not everyone is a fan of fresh cilantro. I also tear the corn tortillas in half before dipping them so that I can be sure to have a complete layer from corner to corner. When I didn't do that, it seemed that the corners and such weren't as good and then the middle section was very dense w/ tortillas.

I use 2 cans - both red (never tried the green one).

Agree with having cooked chicken made ahead (I used the Chipotle Rub on the chick).

Fresh cilantro is a strong flavor so ask the group what their preference is.

I used refrigerated white corn tortillas which were delicious!

Have your host pre-cook the chicken before you get there. Then arrive a bit early and chop the chicken with your food chopper. It will save you a bunch of time!

You also might want to get the recipe started since the steps are VERY repetitive. That way the cooking portion will go quickly, guests won't get bored, and you can talk about bookings, etc. while the lasagna is cooking.

I find the 28 oz of red enchilada sauce works perfectly fine for my Mexican Chicken Lasagna, I've made it several times and it always comes out great! Good luck! :)

When I did this recipe for shows, I would make it at home the night before. I also cheated most of the time and used canned Tyson chicken breast (2 cans works perfectly). I do not use the fresh cilantro; I buy a bottle from the spice aisle and just use a little bit of that. I also add salsa to the chicken mixture.

If you don't have the saute tongs, the bamboo tongs are USELESS! I've only made this at home and thus used my freshly-washed fingers!

Di_Can_Cook said:
If you don't have the saute tongs, the bamboo tongs are USELESS! I've only made this at home and thus used my freshly-washed fingers!

I didn't like using the saute tongs. The chef's tongs work great!

I don't have those either! Just the Bamboo. I'd rather use a fork!

I use my fingers too. I've never made it for a show though. I just found any of the tongs too difficult to use.

Di_Can_Cook said:

I have the saute tongs but prefer to use my hands.

What are the ingredients needed for Mexican Chicken Lasagna?

Mexican Chicken Lasagna typically requires the following ingredients: corn tortillas, cooked and shredded chicken, black beans, salsa, enchilada sauce, shredded cheese, and any desired toppings such as avocado, cilantro, or sour cream.

Can I make Mexican Chicken Lasagna ahead of time?

Yes, Mexican Chicken Lasagna can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. This makes it a great option for meal prepping or hosting a dinner party.

How long does it take to bake Mexican Chicken Lasagna?

Mexican Chicken Lasagna typically takes 30-35 minutes to bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. However, cooking time may vary depending on your oven and the thickness of your lasagna layers.

Can I substitute the chicken for another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with ground beef, ground turkey, or even shredded pork in Mexican Chicken Lasagna. You can also make a vegetarian version by using tofu or additional vegetables instead of meat.

What sides go well with Mexican Chicken Lasagna?

Mexican Chicken Lasagna pairs well with a variety of sides, such as a salad, roasted vegetables, or Mexican rice. You can also serve it with tortilla chips and guacamole for a complete Mexican-inspired meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ErinApron
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • julsradford
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • HeatherStephani