• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Chicken "Lasagna" Question

In summary, Marci is considering making a batch of chicken and cornbread in the new roaster or in the two smaller ovens, but she is open to suggestions.
mmilus
Gold Member
I would like to make this for some guests coming over on Thursday but there will be either 7 or 8 or us and I'm not sure one batch will be enough. I'm wondering about either making a batch and a half in the new roaster and cooking it in the oven or doing a full batch in the DCB and a half batch in the RCB. Has anyone tried it either way? I'd like to make this since I can make it ahead of time so I have more time to visit. I'm thinking with a salad and desert which my guests are bringing that it will be plenty but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks! Marci

Unless someone takes a huge helping I think that one should be enough. It fills a majority of the baker and that can feed quite a bit. Plus you will be serving other food right?

I think it would be plenty as is but you could add extra chicken and maybe a few of the other ingredients to the recipe (eg: says one cup, make it a heaping cup...) and still fit in the DCB.

This is a favorite in my household actually! I always add extra chicken and corn to it. It also calls for green sauce and I use the red sauce.

I have made a smaller batch in the mini baker before. I do agree that the DCB should feed everyone, but if you're still worried or want leftovers yes, you can make a second smaller one.

Thanks for the recommendations - actually I would prefer no leftovers because my daughter won't touch them (even if she loves the original meal) and my son "says" he will take them for lunch but somehow he always forgets!
I've had one person have to cancel so it will be either 6 or 7 of us so I'll just go with one batch made with heaping cups and leave it at that.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Mexican Chicken "Lasagna"?

To make Mexican Chicken "Lasagna", you will need:

• 9-12 lasagna noodles
  • 1 pound ground chicken
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • Salt and pepper, to taste

2. Can I make this dish ahead of time and store it for later?

Yes, you can make Mexican Chicken "Lasagna" ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months before baking. Just be sure to thaw it in the fridge before baking.

3. Can I substitute the ground chicken with another type of protein?

Yes, you can substitute the ground chicken with ground beef, ground turkey, or even shredded chicken. The cooking time may vary depending on the type of protein used.

4. How long do I need to bake the Mexican Chicken "Lasagna" for?

You will need to bake the Mexican Chicken "Lasagna" for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

5. Can I add other vegetables to the dish?

Yes, you can add other vegetables such as zucchini, mushrooms, or spinach to the Mexican Chicken "Lasagna". Just be sure to dice or chop them into small pieces and cook them before adding them to the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ErinApron
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • chefcharity