• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the Oven?

In summary, there are a few ways to make the DCB recipes in the oven if the microwave is too small. For the Mexican Chicken Lasagna, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and cook for 25 minutes. For the Chicken Penne Alfresco, it can be made in a 12-inch skillet or in a large disposable roaster pan at 350 degrees for about 40-45 minutes. Adding a can of green chiles to the cream cheese mix is also a delicious option. It is important to let the dish stand for 15-20 minutes before serving.
PamperedK
Silver Member
How do you translate the DCB recipes to the oven? My microwave is too small!!! :(

My director's microwave is too small, so at our cluster meeting, we put it in a 350 deg oven for about 30-35 minutes. We thought it might be ready at about 20-25, but it wasn't "bubbling" yet, so we kept it in for a total of 30-35 minutes and it was perfect.

Last edited:
this is good to know even as an option for people who aren't crazy about cooking in the microwave!

What about the Chicken Penne Alfresco - has anyone done that in the oven??

Winnipegk said:

I also would like to know this? I have a host that will hopefully choose this and I haven't found out yet if her micro is big enough? I'm going to call her tonight and find out but knowing I could use the oven would be great.

375 degrees in a preheated oven will get the Mexican Chicken lasagna bubbling in 25 minutes. Have had 4 hosts that microwave is very micro and won't hold the Deep Covered Baker. When this happens, I always say to the host, do what I do and you can get a bigger microwave and write it off as a business expense when you are trying more fabulous uses for the deep covered baker in YOUR NEW microwave!

Winnipegk said:

I don't think it would work right in the oven. I'd do it in the 12 in skillet instead.

I have made it twice in the oven. Personally, I think it works out better in the oven. I did it at 350 for an hour and then let is stand for 15-20 min to set up. That's really important. FYI, yesterday I doubled the recipe, made it in one of those large disposable roaster pans. Worked out great.

Another idea, I add a can of green chiles to the cream cheese mix.

PamperChefCarol said:
I have made it twice in the oven. Personally, I think it works out better in the oven. I did it at 350 for an hour and then let is stand for 15-20 min to set up. That's really important. FYI, yesterday I doubled the recipe, made it in one of those large disposable roaster pans. Worked out great.

Another idea, I add a can of green chiles to the cream cheese mix.

carol, which recipe did you try? - the Mexican Chicken Lasagna or Chicken Penne Alfresco?

I made the Chicken penne Alfresco in the oven 350 for about 40- 45minutes. I don't think my oven cooks hot enough so I always have to watch my dish. good luck

What ingredients do I need to make Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the Oven?

To make Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the Oven, you will need the following ingredients:

• 9 lasagna noodles
  • 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
  • 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 lime, juiced

Can I make Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the Oven ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the Oven ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it. You can also freeze it before baking and then bake it straight from the freezer. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

How do I assemble and bake Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the Oven?

To assemble Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the Oven, start by preheating your oven to 375°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked and shredded chicken, black beans, diced tomatoes, green chiles, frozen corn, and taco seasoning. In a separate bowl, mix together the sour cream, chopped cilantro, and lime juice. Then, in a 9x13 inch baking dish, layer 3 lasagna noodles, followed by half of the chicken mixture, half of the sour cream mixture, and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Repeat this layering, ending with a final layer of lasagna noodles and shredded cheese on top. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

Can I substitute or add other ingredients to Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the Oven?

Yes, you can customize Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the Oven to your liking. You can add other vegetables such as bell peppers or onions, or substitute the chicken with ground beef or turkey. You can also adjust the level of spice by using mild or hot taco seasoning and adding jalapenos or hot sauce. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time as needed.

What can I serve with Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the Oven?

Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the Oven pairs well with a variety of side dishes, such as a simple green salad, chips and salsa, or Mexican rice. You can also top it with additional toppings such as avocado, diced tomatoes, or extra sour cream. Don't forget the margaritas!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ErinApron
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefJoyJ