1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the oven?

1. PamperedK

PamperedK Veteran Member Silver Member

How do you translate the DCB recipes to the oven? My microwave is too small!!! :(

Mar 18, 2009
  2. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

My director's microwave is too small, so at our cluster meeting, we put it in a 350 deg oven for about 30-35 minutes. We thought it might be ready at about 20-25, but it wasn't "bubbling" yet, so we kept it in for a total of 30-35 minutes and it was perfect.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
    Mar 18, 2009
  3. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

this is good to know even as an option for people who aren't crazy about cooking in the microwave!

Mar 18, 2009
  4. PamperedK

PamperedK Veteran Member Silver Member

What about the Chicken Penne Alfresco - has anyone done that in the oven??

Mar 19, 2009
  5. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

I also would like to know this? I have a host that will hopefully choose this and I haven't found out yet if her micro is big enough? I'm going to call her tonight and find out but knowing I could use the oven would be great.

Mar 19, 2009
  6. SUZIEQCONSULTANT

SUZIEQCONSULTANT Member Gold Member

375 degrees in a preheated oven will get the Mexican Chicken lasagna bubbling in 25 minutes. Have had 4 hosts that microwave is very micro and won't hold the Deep Covered Baker. When this happens, I always say to the host, do what I do and you can get a bigger microwave and write it off as a business expense when you are trying more fabulous uses for the deep covered baker in YOUR NEW microwave!

7. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I don't think it would work right in the oven. I'd do it in the 12 in skillet instead.

Mar 25, 2009
  8. PamperChefCarol

PamperChefCarol Veteran Member

I have made it twice in the oven. Personally, I think it works out better in the oven. I did it at 350 for an hour and then let is stand for 15-20 min to set up. That's really important. FYI, yesterday I doubled the recipe, made it in one of those large disposable roaster pans. Worked out great.

Another idea, I add a can of green chiles to the cream cheese mix.

9. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

carol, which recipe did you try? - the Mexican Chicken Lasagna or Chicken Penne Alfresco?

Mar 25, 2009
  10. Aunticooks

Aunticooks Member Gold Member

I made the Chicken penne Alfresco in the oven 350 for about 40- 45minutes. I don't think my oven cooks hot enough so I always have to watch my dish. good luck

Mar 25, 2009
Have something to add?