• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Cheese Crisps With Avocado

In summary, the people making these say that they had problems with the cheese getting too thick, and that they would suggest making the cheese and avocado the night before and serving them cold.
kam
Staff member
Has anyone made these?

I am making this for a cluster meeting Thursday, but will have very limited time from the time I get home from work until I have to leave for the meeting.

Do you think making the cheese crisp part the night before would be OK? And do you think the "sauce" that get drizzled on top could be made the night before also?

That way I could just whip up the avocado part right before.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I made these the other night and they didn't get rave reviews but.... My cheese crisps were way too thick. So make sure you cut them thin. The only problem I would think about them being overnight would be they might turn oily so def keep in the fridge if you do. I would almost think grated cheese melted would make the desired effect - more like the asiago crisps from awhile back. but they wouldn't be a nice even edge - oh and my squares stayed squares - they didn't circle out. Make sure you put a very scant scoop of the avocado - that was the biggest complaint - too much per bite. Mara

Darn. I understand what you are saying about the cheese getting oily. Now that you mention it, I remember making those Asiago Crisps awhile back, and they were very oily.

I'll just make sure I have the cheese sliced the night before and ready to go.

Wondering why yours were so thick? We are supposed to slice half the block into 12 slices, so that should be a "set" thickness, right? Did you get the full 24 out of the half block?

Thanks for the tip about not putting too much avocado on.

Question....I have no parchment paper.....can I just use waxed paper instead?

NO!! Wax paper is not a substitute for parchment paper. The wax will melt on your stone. Parchment paper has unique properties that keep things from leaking off the stone and is used in a lot of baking as a non-stick liner.

You can buy it at the grocery store so if you can't wait for a supply order get some there and then order ours next time you send in an order.

What ingredients do I need to make Mexican Cheese Crisps With Avocado?

To make Mexican Cheese Crisps With Avocado, you will need:
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Avocado
- Sliced jalapeno
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Tortilla chips

Can I use a different type of cheese instead of Mexican cheese blend?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese that melts well, such as cheddar or Monterey Jack. However, using Mexican cheese blend will give the crisps a more authentic flavor.

How do I make the cheese crisps crispy?

To make the cheese crisps crispy, you will need to preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Then, sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly in the skillet and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes until it starts to brown and crisp up. Use a spatula to carefully flip the cheese and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until crispy.

Can I make these ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the cheese crisps ahead of time and store them in an airtight container. However, it is best to add the avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper right before serving to ensure the crisps stay crispy.

Is this recipe gluten-free?

Yes, this recipe is gluten-free as long as you use gluten-free tortilla chips. You can also use corn tortillas instead of tortilla chips to make it completely gluten-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hechtrov
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
hechtrov
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies
Views
Admin Greg