• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Lasagna in DCB - How to Cook in the Oven?

In summary, the author has tried the Mexican Lasagna in the oven, and it depends on the chicken's temperature whether she cooks it for 30 minutes or for 40 minutes.
bridgetbakes
Has anyone tried the Mexican Lasagna in the DCB in the oven? There is the possibility that we may not be able lto use my host's microwave tonight and we are doing that recipe...anyone know what oven temp to use and for how long? HELP!:confused:

I've had to do it because of not asking ahead of time about the size of the microwave. Cooking time varies if the chicken is hot from just cooking or cold from the fridge. I usually do 350 for 20 min for hot chicken and 375 for 25-30 for cold chicken.

I keep a close watch on it since oven temps vary.

Yes we just cooked it until the cheese was melted and the sauce was bubbly.

Thanks Ladies for the help!

I baked it at 400 for 25 minutes.

Thanks for posting! I had someone ask me and I wasn't sure. I have this on my website - I have updated it to add oven directions!

I just got a microwave large enough to fit the DCB (like 2 days ago), so I have done all of the meals in the oven.

It just hit me that I get to do the 30 min chicken now! Yea!!!

i did the 30 min ckn the other night. confused...rinse chicken...dry chicken....evoo...then the seasoning...when i put the seasoning on it lumped all over my hands! maybe mix with olive oil and then baste? was i just supposed to sprinkle the seasoning over the chicken? help...

mmoran4pc said:
i did the 30 min ckn the other night. confused...rinse chicken...dry chicken....evoo...then the seasoning...when i put the seasoning on it lumped all over my hands! maybe mix with olive oil and then baste? was i just supposed to sprinkle the seasoning over the chicken? help...

I sprinkle it on, and then, while wearing gloves (available on supply order) I rub it in gently.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Mex Chick Lasagna?

To make Mex Chick Lasagna, you will need the following ingredients:

• 9 lasagna noodles
  • 1 pound ground chicken
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (15 ounces) corn, drained
  • 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • Salt and pepper to taste

2. Can I substitute the ground chicken with another type of protein?

Yes, you can substitute the ground chicken with ground beef, turkey, or even tofu if you prefer a vegetarian option.

3. Do I need to cook the lasagna noodles before assembling the lasagna?

No, you do not need to cook the lasagna noodles beforehand. The noodles will cook in the oven while the lasagna bakes.

4. How long do I need to bake the Mex Chick Lasagna?

Bake the lasagna in a preheated 375°F oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges are bubbly.

5. Can I prepare this lasagna ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the Mex Chick Lasagna ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the lasagna is cold when you put it in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ErinApron
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies