• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Merrill's Rant: Poor Customer Service at Pampered Chef

In summary, the customer service at Merrill's is terrible. The order took weeks to arrive and when it finally did, the items were on backorder. The customer was charged 3 times for the order and no explanation was given.
gwyn26
If Pampered Chef ran their business the way Merrill's does they'd have long been out of business!

I placed an order on September 4 and a second order on September 7. The September 7 order arrived first and yesterday my September 4 order arrives. The Help Whip Cancer t-shirts are on backorder! I called to check the status and was told that one shipped and the other two are on backorder until the 28th. I have a booth the 28th and NEED the shirts for that. She asked if I wanted to order something else and I told her, "I'd love to but it won't arrive in time." Their shipping takes FOREVER. And WHY didn't I get an e-mail on September 5 or the next business day saying, "We apologize, but this is on backorder." Terrible customer service. And unfortunately, we can't give our logo to anyone else.

Argh!

Express your concerns to HO. I think there's a contact link specifically for Merrill issues on the "contact us" page on CC.

I placed an order on the 7th and have not received anything yet. I feel your pain.

I too am disappointed with Merrill, after the "sale?" thread, I decided to call and ask if the items I purchased were on their way. I was told two of the items were not available, one was a sale item, the other was the Stainless Steel Water Bottle it says "This product is not currently in stock but can be ordered." She said is was discontinued. Oh, and it is still on their site, which stinks because others may think they could order it. Oh and I took a few items off of my order to add the water bottle, and still keep it in their shipping bracket.I'm going to go find out how to complain to PC, they need a better vendor (or two, now wouldn't that be nice, some competition!)

If you want to complain about Merrill go to CC click on managing your business, go down to HO Contacts, & email PC, & it has a site to leave comments on the licensed merchandise vendors. I would really like to see PC themselves carry these products on our supply list!

I wish those who have been around long enough to remember other vendors would write them and tell them how much they liked the OTHER vendors better.

PC can't carry everything ... when you get into logowear then you run into all sorts of sizing issues ... but I have noticed that they pick up other products, like the calendars and the tablecloths.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I wish those who have been around long enough to remember other vendors would write them and tell them how much they liked the OTHER vendors better.

{Sigh} I miss Town & Country and Nancy's.

AJPratt said:

I loved Town & Country. They had checks, and all sorts of great stuff.

AJPratt said:

Me too!

Remember getting orders from Nancy (very quickly!) with a little hand-written note of thanks, and something extra in your order to say thanks for ordering?

*sigh* Such a far cry from Merrill....

Merrill's Customer Service SUCKS!!! They charged my card 3 times (once for the order and then 2 other small charges) The small charges dropped off and the charge for the items was still there so I was sure my items would be on the way. Well the money is back in my account today and no e-mail from Merrill to explain. I had other items in my order that were not part of the Dollar Days. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

Again, just like the other thread about people getting more rude in our society. Take a deep breath, relax if you can and consider that this is someone's sister, friend, brother or neighbor who is working there. We don't know their staff size, are there 5 or 50? They are dealing with a mess they created with offers so low. I doubt they will do this again. Their profit margin just went out the window.Without knowing all their details is this how you'd want someone to treat you as a PC consultant? If one of your customer's thought you ripped them off or didn't explain it to their liking, they would bad mouth you.Show a little compassion for another's work. Look at the big picture. relax. I am trying to do that with this town, think about things from their perspective. We have to work together, so lower the blood pressure for your own benefit.My guess, (and only my guess) is that they are trying hard to get orders out, dealing with the shipping department, credit or debit cards that have to be entered and reentered, product that isn't coming up on the computer that the customer is the last person they are thinking about letting know of all the steps.oooooooommmmmm

Judybabe said:
Again, just like the other thread about people getting more rude in our society. Take a deep breath, relax if you can and consider that this is someone's sister, friend, brother or neighbor who is working there. We don't know their staff size, are there 5 or 50? They are dealing with a mess they created with offers so low. I doubt they will do this again. Their profit margin just went out the window.

Without knowing all their details is this how you'd want someone to treat you as a PC consultant? If one of your customer's thought you ripped them off or didn't explain it to their liking, they would bad mouth you.

Show a little compassion for another's work. Look at the big picture. relax. I am trying to do that with this town, think about things from their perspective. We have to work together, so lower the blood pressure for your own benefit.

My guess, (and only my guess) is that they are trying hard to get orders out, dealing with the shipping department, credit or debit cards that have to be entered and reentered, product that isn't coming up on the computer that the customer is the last person they are thinking about letting know of all the steps.

oooooooommmmmm

Hmmm, I wish this was true.

Actually, this is just par for the course for Merrill - not a one time occurrence because of a sale.

I've had repeated problems with Merrill's, it isn't sale related. I realize that there are people that work there; however, as a business person I am required to work with them as my only source of PC apparel and I am frustrated about that. My intent was more to see if I was in the same boat or not. I think that it is things like this that make us better.

As far as if someone has that kind of a problem with me, I trust that they would bring it to my attention. I go out of my way for my customers who have any kind of a complaint including sending in all product returns for them and giving them my new products instead of waiting for them to receive their replacement. I strive to COMMUNICATE with my customers at all levels, alerting them that their orders have been shipped, calling to be sure they've arrived and following up with my hosts and guests to be sure they are happy. My success as a consultant comes from my regular, timely communication and that is why we are frustrated.

I see every reason as legit for being frustrated. I was unaware of their history of failing to deliver premium service. My apologies if I overstepped my opinion.

I was visiting with a lady from HO today on an order that I placed, samples. I must have occidentally hit the send button twice back in mid August. They held the second order and were calling me to see if I intended to order twice. A month later, but ok, I discussed with the lady from PC HO about the issues with Merrill that seem to be of great concern to many posted here. ie. the sizing discrepancies, lack of communications, charging issues, website not updated causing confusion. She said many Consultants have expressed their disappointment and PC is looking into their concerns.Apparently, Ho monitors this website. But many of you probably already knew that.

Judybabe said:
I see every reason as legit for being frustrated. I was unaware of their history of failing to deliver premium service. My apologies if I overstepped my opinion.

I was visiting with a lady from HO today on an order that I placed, samples. I must have occidentally hit the send button twice back in mid August. They held the second order and were calling me to see if I intended to order twice. A month later, but ok,

I discussed with the lady from PC HO about the issues with Merrill that seem to be of great concern to many posted here. ie. the sizing discrepancies, lack of communications, charging issues, website not updated causing confusion. She said many Consultants have expressed their disappointment and PC is looking into their concerns.

Apparently, Ho monitors this website. But many of you probably already knew that.
Yep. :D They even know some Cheffers by name...or Moniker. :D:D

We've even had a post or two from someone at HO about technical issues....

I wonder when their contract with Pampered Chef expires.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yep. :D They even know some Cheffers by name...or Moniker. :D:D

We've even had a post or two from someone at HO about technical issues....

What better way to keep a feel for the pulse of your company! *spies among us!* :D

esavvymom said:
What better way to keep a feel for the pulse of your company! *spies among us!* :D

And another reason (besides it being wrong) to avoid posting ideas and plans that are against policy.

This Merrill think is just amusing - equally frustrating for many I understand - but for me it's just amusing. I ordered a few things because of the great sale, I hadn't been eyeballing anything so if I don't get it it's not a big deal.

But here's why I find it all so amusing. I ordered 4 items. I got an email I don't know, a few days later saying that 2 of the items were no longer available and they were unable to fulfill that part of my order.

That was on the 11th. Fast forward to today...UPS shows up with a box from Merrill. What's in the box? 1 of my 4 originally purchased items and which one is it? One they emailed and said was unavailable!! The packing list shows the other 3 items as backordered.

So um, the item that they said was unavailable and they couldn't fulfill arrived, 2 other items that I received NO communication about did not arrive and are apparently on backorder.

So mixed up....

1. What is the purpose of Merrill's Rant?

Merrill's Rant is a cooking tool designed by Pampered Chef to help simplify and speed up the process of chopping and mincing herbs, garlic, and other small ingredients.

2. Is Merrill's Rant easy to use?

Yes, Merrill's Rant is very easy to use. Simply place the desired ingredients into the container and use the ergonomic handle to rock the blades back and forth, resulting in finely chopped or minced ingredients.

3. Can Merrill's Rant be used for other types of food besides herbs and garlic?

Yes, Merrill's Rant can also be used for chopping and mincing other small ingredients such as nuts, onions, and ginger. It can also be used to make homemade baby food.

4. How do I clean Merrill's Rant?

Merrill's Rant is dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water and a brush or sponge. Be sure to dry thoroughly before storing.

5. Is Merrill's Rant covered by a warranty?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products, including Merrill's Rant, are covered by a satisfaction guarantee and a limited lifetime warranty. If you are not completely satisfied with your product, you can return or exchange it within 30 days of purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • abigailhutch
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • PamperedSD