• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Merrill Yoga Set True to Size?

In summary, the Yoga Set from Merrill is said to run small, but going up a size should be enough. The jacket runs bigger than the pants, and the size chart is not accurate. The Pork Pie Hat is only a hat, not part of the Yoga Set. The size chart is accurate for the clothing Merrill sells.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I'm looking at purchasing the Yoga Set from Merrill - the one with long pants, not the Capri set.

It says that it runs small (big surprise for Merrill. :rolleyes:) but I'm wondering how small? For those that have purchased it, was going up a size bigger enough? Does the jacket run bigger than the pants or vice versa? Any advice would be appreciated!

I bought it when it first came out. I have the pants in a med and the jacket in a large - I originally bought the med set, but the jacket was quite snug and I don't like my clothes to fit tight. Mine did not shrink (maybe a tiny bit, not noticeable). I bought it in brown.

I have the Lg set, I am a size 14 and 5'9". It is way to short and snug on me!! Bummer, cuz it was expensive!

I thought it was only a pork pie hat, a collar and a necktie. Hmmm, what a guy doesn't learn up here.

Yogi-Bear-Posters-1.jpg

Now that's funny. Of course, how many people here will know what a pork pie hat is?

I can't bear to think about it.

I have the black yoga set and ordered 2XL because it said runs small it is too big and too long Grrrr

how much does that speak towards Merrill's service....they KNOW a product (actually, a few) run small, but rather than FIX THE PROBLEM, they just tell you and make it YOUR problem to figure out what that means and get the right size.Uggh. You'd think given PC's caliber of service, they'd expect more out of their vendor. SOrry- I know this wasn't a bash thread on the vendor, but really. What company does that? That'd be like PC saying "some stones may have cracks" and expecting people to buy the stoneware with that phrase.

When I bought my first set I was wearing a medium so ordered a large. It fits great and no shrinkage when I washed it at all. I also ordered the second one in a large, even though I had gained a little (grrr...) and it fits fine as well!! It stretches a little as you wear it so I love them both and wear them whenever I get the chance!!!

esavvymom said:
how much does that speak towards Merrill's service....they KNOW a product (actually, a few) run small, but rather than FIX THE PROBLEM, they just tell you and make it YOUR problem to figure out what that means and get the right size.Uggh. You'd think given PC's caliber of service, they'd expect more out of their vendor. SOrry- I know this wasn't a bash thread on the vendor, but really. What company does that? That'd be like PC saying "some stones may have cracks" and expecting people to buy the stoneware with that phrase.
Actually it's not even Merrill's fault. Coming from a garment industry, they just use a supplier to provide them with the garments. So they have several different vendors supplying them with different garments. That's the reason why some fit differently then others. There really is no way to get every garment from one specific manufacturer, they just don't carry like that. Usually the manufacturer will specialize in certain areas - Gildan carries tees, sweats, etc; Bella carries women's cut/junior style garments; you get the idea. We get people complaining all the time about the fit or style of garments and while our web designers try to give as much specifics as possible there is no way to get it all down.Funny part with me, I can wear anything from a small to large (even XL if it's a fit fitted junior style). So I don't buy anything from Merrill until conference when I can try it on.

Last time I bought a bunch of things from Merrill, I asked them about their return/exchange policy. They let me try things on at home and then return/exchange them as needed. I couldn't wash them of course, but just so you all know it is okay to open the packaging and try things on.

I tried the yoga jacket on at conference and it was WAAAAY small IMO. I think I was up 2 sizes from my norm to feel ok in it but then chose not to get it due to the complex it would give me wearing something that is 2 sizes bigger. LOL (yes i mentally torture myself).

If anyone ever wants the pink HWC Fleece jacket -that runs true to size and holds/washes up wonderfully! Best purchase I made from Merrill.

Melissa78 said:
I tried the yoga jacket on at conference and it was WAAAAY small IMO. I think I was up 2 sizes from my norm to feel ok in it but then chose not to get it due to the complex it would give me wearing something that is 2 sizes bigger. LOL (yes i mentally torture myself).
Also realize that the yoga set is a tighter fit as all yoga items are. To feel really comfortable you may have to go up a size or two. Otherwise it will be really tight as that is the point.
Melissa78 said:
If anyone ever wants the pink HWC Fleece jacket -that runs true to size and holds/washes up wonderfully! Best purchase I made from Merrill.

LOVE my pink fleece jacket! It's a women's and I looked this morning and it's a medium. So comfy and warm too!

wadesgirl said:
LOVE my pink fleece jacket! It's a women's and I looked this morning and it's a medium. So comfy and warm too!

Agreed! Until an after-Christmas sale found my wallet - I was wearing my Pink Fleece every day as my jacket here in the Northeast were Mother Nature has been brutal on the thermometer. Great investment piece and I don't even like pink. :D

1. What is included in the Merrill Yoga Set?

The Merrill Yoga Set includes a yoga mat, two yoga blocks, a yoga strap, and a carrying bag.

2. Is the yoga mat non-slip?

Yes, the yoga mat in the Merrill Yoga Set is made with a non-slip material to provide stability and prevent slipping during yoga practice.

3. What are the dimensions of the yoga mat?

The yoga mat in the Merrill Yoga Set is 68 inches long, 24 inches wide, and 5mm thick.

4. Can the yoga blocks be used for other exercises besides yoga?

Yes, the yoga blocks in the Merrill Yoga Set can also be used for other exercises such as pilates, stretching, and physical therapy.

5. Is the yoga strap adjustable?

Yes, the yoga strap in the Merrill Yoga Set is adjustable and can be used for various stretches and poses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • jbondr
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies