• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointed with Merrill: What are Your Experiences?

In summary, Merrill sent me the wrong product, I'm still waiting for the replacement, and their customer service is terrible.
chefinbiz
I just received my first (and last) order from Merrill. I am so disappointed with the self-inking stamp- the font is so small and all of the lower case "e" 's and "o" 's are closed up and hard to make out. Also, I chose to put 2 telephone #'s on my business cards and they run across the card, instead of being on top of one another. Plus.....the t-shirts I ordered are too big and i have to pay return shipping to exchange them.....what if the new ones don't fit?

When I spoke to customer service she said I was stuck with the stamp ($28) and that I had to pay the shipping to return the shirts....ridiculous!

What vendors are y'all using?

Thanks for listening! Nancy

I ordered the yoga set and they sent two different sizes. And the sizes are still weird (like VIP was). I ordered the yoga set in 2X. It was MASSIVE! So I tried XXL. Top fits great. I'll let you know about the pants when I get the right size. Then I ordered the 3/4 sleeve button up shirt in a 2X and it's WAY too tight for my gimungous boobs. Ugh!

But I LOVE the new products and am willing to put up with the inconvenience for that.

I've been using Vista Print for my print materials.

I bought my stuff at conference and I usually buy 1X but in the button up 3/4 sleeve I had to buy a 3x.

Oh yeah but I forgot to mention that when I submitted my last order it was about $100 and I got an error message and then didn't get an email confirmation so I called them just to make sure before I resubmitted it and the customer service lady told me that they didn't receive my order so I would have to resubmit it. Well I did and then I got a confirmation email for that one but when I went onto Merrill's website to see the status of my order there were 2 orders there. I wouldn't have minded two of some of the stuff but I ordered a stamp, and a magnetic name tag and 325 of the snowmen christmas cards because some other people in my cluster wanted them. So I had to deny the package from UPS and now I am just waiting for them to put my money back in my account. I wouldn't have been mad, except I called to make sure that it hadn't gone through before resubmitting it.

Last edited:
chefinbiz said:
................ the font is so small ......
That is why I do not like their biz cards! I really want to get professional ones with the PC logo, but I don't like Merrill's. I wish we had another option.

chefheidi2003 said:
I bought my stuff at conference and I usually buy 1X but in the button up 3/4 sleeve I had to buy a 3x.

Oh man...then the 3X may not fit either. I usually need between a 1X and 2X.

I received the completely WRONG item and still haven't received the replacement. They weren't going to pay for the return shipping but I said that they had to. Their mistake. Also, I'm not sure why they have an email customer service since I'm always told to call and have gotten fairly rude people. Not sure why since they are their mistakes and I'm very nice about it.

Are you all letting HO know about your issues with Merrill? You need to.....I'm pretty sure that Merrill isn't telling them about unhappy customers.

Should we call HO or email them??

I have had nothing but mistakes and bad luck and mess-ups and poor customer service with Merrill since day one. I will NOT order anything from them anymore...it's like throwing money away.
I can't stand that we have only one vendor now...especially because that one vendor offers horrible service, high prices and poor quality.

chefheidi2003 said:
Should we call HO or email them??
I'd do both. When you call you might be able to judge by the voice on the other end what their compassion level is (plus you can ask if others are complaining too). Send an email and maybe they will respond in writing to you.

When I was originally placing my order, I emailed them a question about the postage on postcards (this was on 8/7/07). I just got my reply today (8/29) !
Yikes. I will call the HO- definitley!

I use iPrint.com for my stamps and they always have specials. I think the most I have spent on a stamp from them is $16 and that included the shipping.

Yes I just got a reply to an email that I sent on 8/2 yesterday! And I don't think they ended up charging me the right amount for my order from conference (they lost my order and then had to reenter - I was in Wave 1 and got my things a month late) - My CC wasn't charged the full amount but quite frankly I'm not telling them that! I should get some compensation for all the follow up I had to do with them.

I have been pretty lucky with Merrill so far but had a problem with VIP that was not solved to my satisfaction (not sad they're gone). I had been thrilled with VistaPrint until recently but have to say they settled the problem well and would again recommend them. I have never had a problem with SWJ but have heard of others who have.

I guess there's no perfect company.

But then... Sticking to Business is very customer service orientated and an awesome company to work with as is Booster.

I placed an order at conference Wave 1 and still have not received it. I checked their website and it was entered on Aug 14th. What up with that??. Anybody else not receive their order from conference??

I ordered some things that I received the other day. I was surprised at how quickly it was shipped (ordered Thursday & received Monday). But I ordered the 25 click pens & they were all over the box. I would have thought they would have been rubberbanded or in a bag.

I really like Sticking-to-Business. They're fabulous.I had an issue with Merrill, but it was finally resolved. I can't say I'm thrilled with them, but I'm keeping an open mind for the next order.Whatever you do, don't ask Dannyzmom about Vista-Print. (Love ya, Carolyn!;) )

KARYN said:
I placed an order at conference Wave 1 and still have not received it. I checked their website and it was entered on Aug 14th. What up with that??. Anybody else not receive their order from conference??

They messed up on a lot of people's orders from our Wave - they didn't have my order but luckily I had called early August - they had me fax over my order so they could research it - then they couldn't read my CC # they had taken at conference. Finally it was resolved and they overnighted my products - one came on August 9th and the other around August 14th - so it definitely took way longer than expected. I would have been better just placing an order when I got back from conference - however I wanted to save on shipping - maybe next time I'll go in with someone else on an order to save on S&H after conference.

Well, my first issue with them was with the car magnet signs, had them on the car for like a month, starting in March, and it started to peel. No take it, I had the other ones from Town N Country for like 5-6 years, and they lasted forever without any problems. Merrill replaced them right away and I got them within a week. That was pretty good I thought.

Then at conference I bought the tote ribbon bag, and within less than a week, my bag ripped all over inside, very disappointed. So I sent an email right after conference, end of July, and I just finally got an email today that I need to send them a copy of my invoice and they will replace it. Apparently, there was a manufacturing defect-yeah, poor quality at high prices. I will see how the new one lasts.

I myself don't like the idea of only have one vendor. Maybe something else will come along.

Gina M said:
Yes I just got a reply to an email that I sent on 8/2 yesterday! And I don't think they ended up charging me the right amount for my order from conference (they lost my order and then had to reenter - I was in Wave 1 and got my things a month late) - My CC wasn't charged the full amount but quite frankly I'm not telling them that! I should get some compensation for all the follow up I had to do with them.

You may not have been charged the full price because something is on backorder. When they have items on backorder, they don't notify you, they just charge for what they do ship. Then, when the item is off of backorder, they charge for it and ship it. But they do not communicate ANY of this.

I sent an e-mail to M. regarding new holiday cards (I sent out the snowman ones last year and everyone loved them). I asked if they were going to add new holiday cards this year. I was told, basically, to just check their website daily but that they were unsure if they were going to have holiday cards this year. Hello? It's almost September - you would think they would know already if they are doing a holiday card and have it on their site.

I will only use them for clothing. Perhaps the men's sizing is different manufacturers, but the sizes run true and the quality is good. For any of you ladies that don't mind wearing a men's shirt, the camp shirt is of very good quality, a silk/cotton blend, very easy to iron and very comfortable!!

I had no problems with Merrill until conference. I was unhappy with how things were set up for Directors and the "pre-shopping" opportunity which turned out to be a waste because I had to wait an extra day to actually pick up the products. Then, as Gina M said, they messed up a bunch of orders. They didn't communicate that certain items would be backordered. I told them that in the month surrounding conference I spent $200 with them and was unhappy with their service. I wrote a very detailed letter/email and explained my dissatisfaction with the fact that they are our only vendor. They did get back to me over a week later and gave me a pretty good chunk off of my conference order (although I'll need to verify all of that).

THEN I get my TPC business cards which I was SO excited about and found that on a good portion of the cards, the printing on the bottom line was faded. Called and spoke with a supervisor (I think). She had me send a couple of the bad cards in. About a week or two later, I got a whole new set of cards that looked great.

I'd suggest DEFINITELY writing them an email and expressing your dissatisfaction. That's a good idea to cc the home office too. They'd better get their act together soon! I am reluctant to order more stuff (definitely let them know that) because I do need a few more things.

I did find their self-inking stamp didn't last nearly as long as the one I got from Town and Country a few years ago. I bought some refill ink at Office Depot and that worked well when I refilled it.

I hope you all get some resolution to the issues with them. It IS very frustrating! Good luck!:mad:

I use my local Office Max as much as possible. They are a Pampered Perk company so we get a better price on lots of items. They know me when I walk in and customer service is great.

I will ONLY be using Merrill for our clothing. All of my printing needs will be going to VistaPrint.

I am NOT impressed with their Customer Service, their sizing, or prices. Now...I did get things from them at NC and didn't have any problems. (My jacket was on BO, but it did arrive a few weeks later- no big deal)

I had a stamp made at office max, however it was before I got my website...i need to have another made.

I just placed an order with Merrill and my fingers are crossed I hope I have good luck with them...

What is the best way to handle disappointment with Merrill?

The best way to handle disappointment with Merrill is to communicate your concerns directly with them. This can be done through a phone call, email, or in-person meeting. Be specific about what has disappointed you and try to find a solution that will satisfy both parties.

How can I prevent disappointment with Merrill in the future?

To prevent disappointment with Merrill in the future, be sure to do your research before making any decisions or purchases. This includes reading reviews, comparing prices, and asking for recommendations from others who have experience with the company.

What if I am unable to resolve my disappointment with Merrill?

If you are unable to resolve your disappointment with Merrill, you may want to consider reaching out to their customer service department or filing a complaint with a consumer protection agency. You can also share your experience on social media or review websites to warn others.

Are there any steps I can take to get a refund for my purchase from Merrill?

If you are unsatisfied with a purchase from Merrill, you can reach out to their customer service department to inquire about their refund policy. Be sure to have your receipt or proof of purchase available. You can also file a dispute with your credit card company if you paid with a credit card.

Is it common for customers to be disappointed with Merrill?

While every customer's experience may differ, it is not uncommon for people to feel disappointed with Merrill. However, it is important to remember that everyone's experience is subjective and what may have disappointed one person may not affect another. It's important to communicate your concerns and try to find a resolution that works for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• abigailhutch
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
CarolynnLee
  • kam