• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Merrill Business Flyer Templates: Alignment and Printing Issues

can you please tell me if this still applies?When you print from Acrobat, you'll get a pop-up menu of printer controls. (See image.)There will be a series of checkboxes in that menu. Verify that Expand small pages to paper size and Shrink oversize pages to page size are both OFF. Make sure that Auto-rotate and center pages is ON. If those settings are incorrect, all kinds of weird things can happen. That darned Acrobat does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do!http://www.merrillcatalog.com/dbgraphics/1121/TPCPosterTemplatePrint.gifMy box is
CarlyK
I have a question... I ordered those business flyers that have the detachable cards on them from Merrill. You need to download the template and then print it to the cards. My problem is that it is not aligning right and it's printing over the wording on the cards. I can't change the way it prints out either.

I followed all of their directions and everything. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions or have encountered this problem?

CarlyK said:
I have a question... I ordered those business flyers that have the detachable cards on them from Merrill. You need to download the template and then print it to the cards. My problem is that it is not aligning right and it's printing over the wording on the cards. I can't change the way it prints out either.

I followed all of their directions and everything. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions or have encountered this problem?

i just stamped them with my pc stamp (name, #, web page)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
E-mail Merrill support:

[email protected]

They have responded to me very quickly.
That is what I ended up doing! They responded to me rather quickly, and I was really happy. They are really great to work with so far!

If I had a stamp, I would've stamped them, but I thought that using my printer with them would've been so much better and easier.

With all due respect to MM71, I think the printed output looks much better than a stamp. You've paid enough for a top-end marketing piece, why not make it look the best, too?

I made my ownI made my own template. I didn't like that their template was only able to fit either my phone #, e-mail address, or web address. So I just took the time and made my own. Took some trial and error, but I am happy!

I do agree with KitchenGuy...take the time to print them! They were enough $$ that you want them to be professional looking!:D

Marlene--Could you post what you did?

Here you go
Chef Kearns said:
Marlene--Could you post what you did?
I did two templates, just to save time lining things up. So, I just print one then the other on the same sheet!:D

Attachments

• Merril Template-1.doc
    21 KB · Views: 643
  • Merril Template-2.doc
    20 KB · Views: 458
Thanks Marlene. I have been kicking around the idea of ordering these. It will help to have this template already there. Thanks again!

fruit76loop said:
I made my own template. I didn't like that their template was only able to fit either my phone #, e-mail address, or web address. So I just took the time and made my own. Took some trial and error, but I am happy!

I do agree with KitchenGuy...take the time to print them! They were enough $$ that you want them to be professional looking!:D

That was definitely something that I didn't like too! I wanted to put my website on there as well because that is important (to me at least)
But I shall have to try out your templates and see how they work! Yay, I'm glad that someone else did them.

I do agree too that printing out the info on the cards is a lot more professional looking as well. That is the main reason why I got them. They were really neat looking at printing the info on them makes them look so much better and crisper.

I think that this has something to do with me. I tried using those templates, and it still isn't aligning with my flyers. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have everything set as it should be, and it is still printing out weird.

I've checked my printer settings and everything.

CarlyK said:
I think that this has something to do with me. I tried using those templates, and it still isn't aligning with my flyers. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have everything set as it should be, and it is still printing out weird.

I've checked my printer settings and everything.
Your local printer settings are important, but before you get to your local printer settings, check the Adobe Acrobat print settings.

When you print from Acrobat, you'll get a pop-up menu of printer controls. (See image.)There will be a series of checkboxes in that menu. Verify that Expand small pages to paper size and Shrink oversize pages to page size are both OFF. Make sure that Auto-rotate and center pages is ON. If those settings are incorrect, all kinds of weird things can happen. That darned Acrobat does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do!

http://www.merrillcatalog.com/dbgraphics/1121/TPCPosterTemplatePrint.gif

My box is different. I took a screenshot, so this is what it looks like:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b281/CarlysCreations/PrinterOptions.jpg​

Is everything checked right?

ETA: I am using Adobe Reader 7.0

Last edited:
Nope.

Turn on Auto-rotate and center.

That should fix it for you!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Nope.

Turn on Auto-rotate and center.

That should fix it for you!

It's on, but it didn't match up to the template, it printed over everything. (All the text and whatnot on the flyer.

CarlyK said:
It's on, but it didn't match up to the template, it printed over everything. (All the text and whatnot on the flyer.
It sounds to me like you've got a printer driver issue or something is hosed in your version of Reader. I think you better take this up with Merrill.

I'd contact Merrill support first, but I'd also be inclined to uninstall Acrobat 7 and go back to 6, but that's just me.

Thank you Kitchen Guy for all of your help! I definitely appreciate it! I am going to uninstall 7.0 and see if that works and download 6.0.

Yes, I'm wondering if there isn't an incompatability with Acrobat 7 or something.

By the way...an old printer's trick for you: print the very first copy on plain paper and lay it over the fancy, expensive media. Hold it up to the light and make sure it lines up before committing the expensive material to ink.

It's a lot cheaper in the long run to not ruin your expensive material.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Yes, I'm wondering if there isn't an incompatability with Acrobat 7 or something.

By the way...an old printer's trick for you: print the very first copy on plain paper and lay it over the fancy, expensive media. Hold it up to the light and make sure it lines up before committing the expensive material to ink.

It's a lot cheaper in the long run to not ruin your expensive material.
I've been doing that. I did print over a few to see just because I was curious and was hoping that somehow my paper was crazy paper. LOL No such luck.

Now I am just trying to hunt down Acrobat 6.0

I did manage to find & download 6.0. Well, that didn't work. I checked for updated for my printer, and I am all up to date. I think I shall just cry. I used a huge chunk of my printer paper trying to see if it would line up.

ETA: I made sure that the page scaling was set to none, instead of "fit printer margins" and that worked... EXCEPT that it cut off the last two lines on the printer paper it jsut says my name and half of Independent Consultant.

Last edited:
There really is no reason why you shouldn't be able to
print from Acrobat, unless, there is something screwed
up in your printer driver or your printer just has a
mind of it's own. This is an issue that Merrill needs
to take up with Adobe and Adobe needs to take it up
with your printer manufacturer. Unless you push the
issue, they won't.

In the meantime, take the Merrill template file and
your blank card stock to your local print shop
like MinuteMan or somewhere like that. They
can open the template file, add your info, and print
it for you. It shouldn't really cost that much to do. (Kinko's works as a last resort, they're awfully expensive.)

What is the purpose of Merrill Business Flyers?

Merrill Business Flyers are a marketing tool designed to promote the products and services offered by Merrill, a trusted and well-known brand in the kitchenware industry.

How can I use Merrill Business Flyers to grow my business?

By including your personal contact information and logo on the flyers, you can use them as a way to introduce potential customers to the products and services you offer through Pampered Chef. You can also distribute them at events, parties, and gatherings to reach a wider audience.

Are there different designs available for Merrill Business Flyers?

Yes, there are multiple designs available for Merrill Business Flyers, including seasonal and themed options. You can choose the design that best fits your brand and target audience.

Do I need to pay for Merrill Business Flyers?

No, Merrill Business Flyers are provided to Pampered Chef consultants at no cost. They are an included marketing resource to help you grow your business.

Can I personalize the Merrill Business Flyers with my own information and logo?

Yes, you can personalize the flyers with your own contact information and logo. This helps to create a unique and professional brand for your Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JDooley
Replies
Views
jkendall
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Flyers