• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Merrill at Conference Last Year

In summary, anyone buy from Merrill last year? Any perks of buying at conference than from the web? Free shipping? Anything?
Kitchen2u
Anyone buy from Merrill last year? Any perks of buying at conference than from the web? Free shipping? Anything? If not, I'll just buy now.

I'm going to bite the bullet and get some shirts...or I should say add to my collection from VIP...

Hey Ginny!!! :) The only thing I remember was conference only products. Anyone else have a better memory than me?

Hey Kristi! Every year I get sad since you're in a different wave! Did you get a brochure from HO about "you're registered for conference" sort of thing? I forgot the exact wording but there's a gal on the cover...reminded me of YOU!

PampMomof3 said:
Hey Ginny!!! :) The only thing I remember was conference only products.
I miss Nancy's ~ she use to give us free shipping or other specials! Merrill? Ummm, "let's get rid of our overstock!"

If I remember correctly, last year there was some products that are still available now online (visor, hat, shirts) but also at conference there were some items that were "buy here only".

Its still too overpriced for me, so I did good, I just browsed!! :)

I got 2 frisbees and maracas for the kids but that was about it.

Thanks ladies...I wasn't willing to stand in the horrific line!

I won a $100 gift certificate in the Serve It Up drawing. They had lots of clothes and supplies there. It's nice to see them and try on the clothes.

I got a jacket, shirt, blanket and a few other things with my gc.

vwpamperedchef said:
Its still too overpriced for me, so I did good, I just browsed!! :)

Good for you! I don't do well when I "browse" ~ LOL ~ something always ends up (miraculously) in my hands!

I thought the polo ($18.95) and scoop neck shirt (I have one already and love it...washes well, no shrinkage) for $21.95 was too badly priced.

Last edited:
Well, you already mentioned the lack of shipping charges (which can be up there with Merrill). The other thing was the paper items with pictures of new items. For example, the notepads and such with product picures on them. They updated the pictures to showcase the new products, so buying at NC enabled you to be one of the first to have these items with the new product pictures on them.

I love being able to try things on. They offer reduced shipping or flat rate shipping when you place your order at conference. And they have lots of cash and carry, too, but it's usually picked over the first day. :(

I also liked that we could try things on, or at least hold it up & see it. I think they had a couple of specials with stickers & post cards but that might have been because it was the first time Nancy would not be there. :(

Merrill had a lot of things last year at conference...merchandise, lots of clothing, paper products. I usually wait until conference to buy from them because I think their shipping is extremely high. I do not recall them charging us shipping at conference (unless it is a special order) for the items purchased on location.

You can purchase basically cash and carry stuff. It's really nice to try it on. They also had a table that you could drop off your order, they totaled it for you then you could go back when the line wasn't that long to purchase. It was really nice, I got two shirts that I probably wouldn't have bought otherwise without trying them on. You do have to pay local Chicago sales tax which may be a little higher than normal but no shipping unless it was a special order item.

I agree with being able to try something on. Their sizing is not consistant :(

I'm fine with not trying it on since I'm getting items that I already have...just a different color. LOL I usually KNOW how my commission check is....obviously this month I didn't need it (LOL) ~ wasn't watching it. Was pleasantly surprised with it and I'm treating myself to some more shirts!

pamperedlinda said:
I agree with being able to try something on. Their sizing is not consistant :(

How about this...with sizing!
They had a black 3 button polo at Conference, so I looked at it & it was fine, kind of long, thin material ( I'm ALWAYS HOT!):yuck: So I bought it. Months go by & I see on CC that they have it in blue & am sort of bored with the black, so I order it & guess what????????? Its different material & short!!!:cry: So now its sitting in my closet...:rolleyes:

Kitchen2u said:
Hey Kristi! Every year I get sad since you're in a different wave! Did you get a brochure from HO about "you're registered for conference" sort of thing? I forgot the exact wording but there's a gal on the cover...reminded me of YOU!

Yes I did and now I"m going to have to remember where I put it and look at it! Too funny!!

I would say if you are going to shop at Merrill this year, take cash and pay w/ that only! There are a few threads on here about how we (myself included) used the gift card that PC provided to purchase items and they did not deduct the charges until weeks, sometimes months, after conference and by then everyone's cards had been depleted so we got letters from Merrill requesting payment. It was a bogus situation, and while I do probably plan to shop Merrill again this year, I will ONLY use cash this time.

chefsteph07 said:
I would say if you are going to shop at Merrill this year, take cash and pay w/ that only! There are a few threads on here about how we (myself included) used the gift card that PC provided to purchase items and they did not deduct the charges until weeks, sometimes months, after conference and by then everyone's cards had been depleted so we got letters from Merrill requesting payment. It was a bogus situation, and while I do probably plan to shop Merrill again this year, I will ONLY use cash this time.
How true - how true!!!! It was a pain in the bahookie to get "collection calls" for something that I had no idea that I hadn't "paid for"....when I thought I had. ANYWAY, I do advise cash for Merrill, or least to NOT use the gift card you get from PC!!!!

I agree - I was one who didn't track my card very well (I know, my fault), and when I got the call I was surprised. Luckily, it was only a small amount... If I'm not mistaken, it was October or maybe even November when they finally tried to collect payment.

Ginger428 said:
They had a black 3 button polo at Conference, so I looked at it & it was fine, kind of long, thin material ( I'm ALWAYS HOT!):yuck: So I bought it. Months go by & I see on CC that they have it in blue & am sort of bored with the black, so I order it & guess what????????? Its different material & short!!!:cry: So now its sitting in my closet...:rolleyes:
Call them. They will do an adjustment for you.

I have had two different things that weren't right and they replaced them - didn't even want the item back.

Ginger428 said:

Yup... crazy isn't it... happened to me to.

1. What is "Merrill at Conference Last Year"?

"Merrill at Conference Last Year" is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef to celebrate and recognize the achievements of its consultants.

2. When and where was "Merrill at Conference Last Year" held?

The event was held at the annual Pampered Chef National Conference last year. The exact date and location vary each year, so be sure to check the conference schedule for more information.

3. Is "Merrill at Conference Last Year" open to all Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, "Merrill at Conference Last Year" is open to all consultants who attend the National Conference. However, space may be limited and tickets may be required for certain events.

4. Can I bring a guest to "Merrill at Conference Last Year"?

Unfortunately, "Merrill at Conference Last Year" is only open to registered Pampered Chef consultants. Guests are not permitted to attend the event.

5. What can I expect at "Merrill at Conference Last Year"?

At the event, you can expect to hear inspiring speeches from Pampered Chef executives, recognition of top-performing consultants, and a chance to network with other consultants from around the country.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • raebates