• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Men's Only Party: Tips, Tricks, and Menu Ideas | TBW in Chicago

has a successful men only party. He does the games, has some food ready, and asks the guys to rate themselves in the kitchen. At the end, the guy with the best poker hand wins the door prize.
Chugaplum
Hello All,

I'm having my first men's only party (I'm actually hosting it) and I'm a little apprehensive about whether or not I should do the "games" that I generally do for a show. I'm having some "manly" food (Touchdown Taco Dip, Calzone, etc.) and beer & pop.

Has anyone had a successful Men's Only demo and what did you do??? Your help is definitely needed.

Thanks,

TBW in Chicago

I have yet to do a men only party but I do offer them. I would conduct your show as you would if it were any other show. I would ask them to rate themselves in the kitchen (cooking what's that, Chef Emmerill) to get a feel for the crowd, I would also try to see who is married and who does the cooking the most at home. That way you know for the bacholers to promote easy things like the microcooker, if there wifes cook does she have a food chopper yet, if he cooks then just your normal sales pitch. Push our new tag line Discover the chef in you.

You could do a hands on demo like the great raceor who killed pam perchef if your wanting to play a game. I hope these help.

Attachments

• GreatRaceShow.doc
    63.5 KB · Views: 434
  • GreatRaceEnvelopeLabels.doc
    27 KB · Views: 404
  • GreatRaceCards_peanuttypizza.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 374
  • GreatRaceCards_Chicksquares.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 419
Food First!!!I did a men only show a couple of years ago. Actually, it was even covered by the newspaper! One thing I learned is that you need to have some food ready when the men walk in. They didn't want to wait. I don't normally do game type stuff at my parties but at this one, I gave out playing cards for those who asked/answered questions, or who offered their suggestions. At the end, the person with the best poker hand won the door prize. Instead of "what is your favorite item?" I asked them who did the cooking at their house...and if it was their wife, what they would like to see her do differently. If you would like anymore input, you are welcome to e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Good luck!

LOVE that playing card/poker idea.

You might be surprised at how many of the guys out there would find our games fun or atleast funny to play. I know as a guy I have always enjoyed them....they are cute and somewhat entraining (which is why we do them for the women after all). The card game would work for the women as well. just about every woman I know likes to play cards and esp poker.

Patrick

What type of food should I serve at a men's only party?

The key to a successful men's only party is to serve hearty and satisfying dishes. Some popular menu options include grilled meats, burgers, wings, and hearty appetizers like nachos or sliders. Don't forget to include vegetarian options for those who may not eat meat.

What drinks should I have available for a men's only party?

Beer and cocktails are always a hit at men's only parties. Consider having a variety of beer options, both domestic and craft, as well as a selection of liquor for cocktails. You can also set up a DIY whiskey or bourbon tasting station for a fun and interactive experience.

How can I make my men's only party more interactive?

One idea is to plan some games or activities for your guests. You can set up a poker or card game tournament, have a cornhole or beer pong competition, or even organize a friendly sports game like basketball or football. This will keep your guests engaged and add some fun to the party.

What are some tips for decorating for a men's only party?

Keep the decor simple and masculine. You can use colors like black, gray, and navy blue, and incorporate sports or hobby-themed decorations. You can also use items like beer mugs, whiskey glasses, and sports equipment as table centerpieces. Don't forget to have plenty of seating for your guests to relax and socialize.

How can I ensure my men's only party is a success?

Aside from food and drinks, the key to a successful men's only party is good company. Invite a diverse group of friends and encourage everyone to mix and mingle. Music can also set the mood for the party, so create a playlist of upbeat and popular songs. Lastly, make sure to have enough food and drinks for everyone and consider hiring a bartender to help with drink service.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ceg
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ