1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Men's Only Parties

1. Hello All,

I'm having my first men's only party (I'm actually hosting it) and I'm a little apprehensive about whether or not I should do the "games" that I generally do for a show. I'm having some "manly" food (Touchdown Taco Dip, Calzone, etc.) and beer & pop.

Has anyone had a successful Men's Only demo and what did you do??? Your help is definitely needed.

Thanks,

TBW in Chicago

Jan 12, 2006
  2. bbauman07

bbauman07 Veteran Member Gold Member

I have yet to do a men only party but I do offer them. I would conduct your show as you would if it were any other show. I would ask them to rate themselves in the kitchen (cooking what's that, Chef Emmerill) to get a feel for the crowd, I would also try to see who is married and who does the cooking the most at home. That way you know for the bacholers to promote easy things like the microcooker, if there wifes cook does she have a food chopper yet, if he cooks then just your normal sales pitch. Push our new tag line Discover the chef in you.

You could do a hands on demo like the great raceor who killed pam perchef if your wanting to play a game. I hope these help.

Attached Files:

Jan 12, 2006
  3. afshea

afshea Member

Food First!!!

I did a men only show a couple of years ago. Actually, it was even covered by the newspaper! One thing I learned is that you need to have some food ready when the men walk in. They didn't want to wait. I don't normally do game type stuff at my parties but at this one, I gave out playing cards for those who asked/answered questions, or who offered their suggestions. At the end, the person with the best poker hand won the door prize. Instead of "what is your favorite item?" I asked them who did the cooking at their house...and if it was their wife, what they would like to see her do differently. If you would like anymore input, you are welcome to e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Good luck!

Jan 12, 2006
  4. showmehow2

showmehow2 Guest

LOVE that playing card/poker idea.

Jan 13, 2006
  5. You might be surprised at how many of the guys out there would find our games fun or atleast funny to play. I know as a guy I have always enjoyed them....they are cute and somewhat entraining (which is why we do them for the women after all). The card game would work for the women as well. just about every woman I know likes to play cards and esp poker.

Patrick

Feb 3, 2006
Have something to add?