• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Melting Chocolate for Brownie Drizzle

In summary, the expert suggests melting the chocolate chips and getting them into a plastic bag before a show so that you can clean up your mess, and then letting the brownies bake without the chocolate chips so that it will be warmer. They also suggest using a Microplane to add the chocolate to the brownies.
lauraP2000
I seem to be all thumbs when it comes to getting melted chocolate chips into a plastic bag and then drizzling out from that bag onto the brownies. Anybody got any tips?

If I melt the chips and get it into the bag before a show starts (so I can clean up my mess!) will it harden before it's time to use it on the hot brownies about an hour later?

Should I just tell the host she has to do it while I'm doing my commercials, etc? :)

Chocolate is like a baby, as long as it is kept warm it should be fine. If you are baking the brownies there, just put one of the executive pans on the back of the stove, NOT on a burner and let it stay there where it will be cozy and can still see you. Chocolate has horrible seperation anxiety. Don't let it get too hot or it will get funky chunks. I will not, will not, will not tell a diaper joke... Keep it right around 100 degrees or less. Hope it goes great!

I use my Microplane to put the chocolate on top of the brownies. I figure it's a great way to sell a more expensive product. HTH

put the plastic bag into your measure all cup w/ the corner down (corner of bag in the center) fold the top of the bag over the edges of the MA, and scrape your chocolate into the bag.
this makes like a decorating bag.
E-Z :)

I melt the chocolate in the micro before the show starts. That way, when I am ready for it, I can pop it back into the micro for about 15 seconds and it's ready! (Just keep it in the prep bowl for now...then reheat it in the prep bowl and put it into the bag.)

I do the same "bag into the measure all cup" thing as Reba. Then, twist it and close it off with a twixit clip. Cut off the corner and drizzle! (If you are using generic bags instead of ziploc brand bags...squeeze GENTLY so the seam doesn't pop open!:eek: )

I have the host or a guest take the prep bowl to the microwave and tell them 20 seconds, stir, 20 seconds. They ALWAYS come back and say "WOW! what a great tip." Then I spoon the chocolate into a decorator bottle with one of the small bamboo spoons (or you could use the small spreader). If any gets on the outside of the rim I wipe it with a paper towel.

I have sold a lot of decorator bottles and prep bowls that way. OH, and then at the end I grate extra nuts on top of the brownie with the microplane to show that tool too! ...and then some sprinkles on top of it all.

I have done the baggie with the measure-all but I find it more messy for me and the way I do it now sells more products.

Last edited:
Thanks, the measure all/baggie/ziploc tips improved my ability greatly. I also figured out to just snip a very small opening in the bag, otherwise it comes out too thick.

1. How do I melt chocolate for brownie drizzle?

Melting chocolate for brownie drizzle is a simple process. Start by breaking the chocolate into small pieces and placing them in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until it is completely melted and smooth.

2. Can I melt chocolate in a double boiler instead of the microwave?

Yes, you can melt chocolate in a double boiler as an alternative to using the microwave. Simply fill the bottom of the double boiler with water and place it on the stove over medium heat. Place the chocolate in the top pan and stir until it is completely melted.

3. Should I use milk or dark chocolate for brownie drizzle?

The type of chocolate you use for brownie drizzle is a matter of personal preference. Milk chocolate will create a sweeter and smoother drizzle, while dark chocolate will be richer and slightly bitter. You can also use a combination of both for a balance of flavor.

4. How much chocolate should I melt for brownie drizzle?

The amount of chocolate needed for brownie drizzle will depend on the size of your brownie and how much drizzle you want. As a general rule, you will need about 1 ounce of chocolate for every 4-inch square of brownie. However, you can adjust the amount based on your personal preference.

5. Can I add anything to the melted chocolate for flavor?

Yes, you can add a variety of ingredients to the melted chocolate to enhance the flavor of your brownie drizzle. Some popular options include a splash of vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, or a sprinkle of cinnamon. You can also use flavored chocolate, such as mint or raspberry, for a unique twist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• floccies
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • kcjodih