• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mystery of the Melting Rice Cooker: Unbelievable Tales!

In summary, the rice cooker completely melted in the microwave. The bottom was melted to the shape of the rice in the
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
Has anyone heard of the rice cookers COMPLETELY melting in a microwave? I had a lady bring me a melted chunk today to church. The top looks just fine around the edges but the bottom melted to about 1 1/2 inches tall! The top under the handle is melted to the shape of the rice in the cooker!!

She told me about it about a month ago and I told her I'd like to see it since I've never heard of that happening and I use mine all the time with no problem. She finally brought it to me today and I have never seen anything like it.

The bottom is perfectly smooth and has little rings from the turntable so I know she didn't put it in the oven. It is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. I'm actually considering just buying her a new one and keeping this new piece of Pampered Chef artdeco :) It'd be a great conversation piece to show other consultants. Maybe I'll post a picture on here if I can figure out how :) (I'll ask my teenager!!:D )

I can't remember if I hear these kind of "melting" stories when they first came out, like there was a defect in the plastic but can't remember for sure. Just wanted to know if anyone else had heard of this happening.

If you try to microwave something very oily in it it will melt. The first step to a Chicken Curry I make in the Rice Cooker is to microwave Thai curry paste and oil for 3 minutes. The first time I made it the cooker melted. The bottom was ruined. However, PC exchanged it for me with no problems.

That's what is so bizarre. She was just making rice! It completely collapsed down flat....no odd warping or misshapen sides....it looks like when you step on a pop can....it's a little black pancake :eek:

Even as great as our products are, there are bound to be a couple of defects here and there!

I had a customer melt one........I had a customer who I talked into buying one, melt it on her first use, doing just plain old rice in it. Almost started a fire, it got that bad.

Anyway, she didn't tell me as she figured she'd done "something" wrong, but at next show, had asked someone to order one for her and had told them the story, well I said, wow, she must really like that, she just got one and the guest then told me what she'd told them. So I said, well I'll call her and figure out what's going on and she if she wants anything else, but she's not buying a new one.

Well her hubby had thrown the melted pike of ooh away, and HO was so nasty about needing it back and I said, it was thrown out, and I had to call back 2 different times and speak to managers before getting someone who finally said, they were so sorry and they'd get her a new one sent right out.

Well she had the new rice cooker before we ended up closing the show she was going to order the 2nd one from. Knock wood, no problems with that one!!

If HO staff says no on replacing, insist on speaking to a manager/supervisor.

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Well her hubby had thrown the melted pike of ooh away, and HO was so nasty about needing it back and I said, it was thrown out, and I had to call back 2 different times and speak to managers before getting someone who finally said, they were so sorry and they'd get her a new one sent right out.Lisa

Sometimes I just can't believe the HO reaction. Seriously, who wants to keep those nasty fumes in their house?!

Sometimes HO responses toour problems, I remeberd the first time that I called in to HO about a declined credit card from a guest, and then I forgot to check that I was the host. this lady gave me a 5 min lecture on how I wouldn't get this that or the other thing becasue I am a consulatn.I said look I am sorry, I amnew and I forgot and I do know what I quailifed for and can you jsut submit the dang show and get it shipped so I can get it to my customers. Leah

Hi there,Wow, that is definitely a bizarre story! I have never heard of a rice cooker completely melting in a microwave before. That must have been quite an experience for the lady who brought it to you. I'm glad she finally brought it in so you could see it for yourself.I can assure you that there are no known defects in our rice cookers that would cause them to melt in the microwave. Our products go through rigorous testing to ensure their safety and durability. However, it is possible that the rice cooker was made with a material that is not microwave-safe, causing it to melt under the high heat.I would recommend that the lady contact our customer service team to report this incident. They can help determine the cause and provide a replacement if necessary. As for your idea of keeping the melted piece as a conversation starter, that's definitely a unique idea! I would love to see a picture of it if you do end up posting one.Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We always appreciate feedback from our consultants and customers. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.Best, [Your name]

1. How does the rice cooker melt in the story?

The rice cooker in the story melts due to a malfunction in the electrical wiring, causing it to overheat and eventually melt.

2. Is this story based on a true event?

No, this story is purely fictional and meant to entertain readers.

3. Are there any lessons or morals in this story?

The story serves as a cautionary tale about the importance of properly maintaining and using household appliances to prevent accidents.

4. How does Pampered Chef promote safety and maintenance of their products?

Pampered Chef provides instructions and guidelines for proper use and maintenance of their products through instruction manuals, online resources, and customer support.

5. Is the story suitable for children?

It is recommended that adults read the story first to determine if it is appropriate for the child's age and maturity level.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefPEI
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • kreaser
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
Replies