• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Melted Plastic from Stone - Tips and Tricks

In summary, a bread bag melted onto the surface of one of Sheila's stones, and she's tried scraping it and soaking it. Acetone would definitely remove the plastic, but I'd be afraid what the cold shock would do to the stone AND the odor that might remain. Another suggestion is to sacrifice a pie crust - bake it flat on the stone to get some oil and heat into the stone, then scrape the whole mess off together.
sburnside
Gold Member
I have a great host who purchased several stones at Christmas time. Apparently while one of the stones was still hot, a bread bag melted onto the surface. She's tried scraping it and soaking it. Anyone have any other ideas how to remove the melted plastic from the stone?

Acetone would definitely remove the plastic, but I'd be afraid what the cold shock would do to the stone AND the odor that might remain.Maybe a plastic scrubbie? Like the handled brush that PC has or one from a local store? No soap of course, but she can use baking soda & water to make a toothpaste consistency and it will give her an "abrasive" scrub to try & work the melted plastic loose.Good luck!!!

Maybe have her try warming up the stone, and then using a scraper (but no water!) to scrub it off.

you have to liquefy the plastic - heat is the best alternative. Another option is to sacrifice a pie crust - bake it flat on the stone to get some oil and heat into the stone, then scrape the whole mess off together.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I will pass them on to her and let you know the results.

Reading this reminds me of the toaster we had growing up, it had the Wonder Bread circle on the side of it. I guess my brother and I didn't have the bread bag for enough away when we made toast.

sounds like my waffle iron... flipped it open to remove waffen and when I closed it there was the bread wrapper on the lid.. it's still on there, been 20 years that way..

Had that happen to my white DCB. It took a lot of rubbing with hot water and dish towel. Eventually it all came off....lots of elbow grease though. =)

Sheila's idea with the baking soda is a good one too.

I would probably try super hot water (as hot as you can get from the tap), or maybe even just putting it back in the oven- maybe in the 200s?? I would think it would soften things up- then maybe she can scrape it off? BUT CAREFULLY...obviously NO WATER if she does the oven-thing. Maybe get a metal spatula to scrape instead of the nylon ones?(I'd try the baking soda and HOT water first though before the oven.)

1. What is a "Melted Bread Bag on Stone"?

A "Melted Bread Bag on Stone" is a popular recipe made using a Pampered Chef stoneware baking sheet. It involves placing a frozen or refrigerated bread dough in a plastic bag on top of the preheated stone, allowing the dough to rise and then baking it to create a crispy and evenly baked loaf of bread.

2. How do I use the Pampered Chef stoneware to make a "Melted Bread Bag on Stone"?

To make a "Melted Bread Bag on Stone", first preheat your oven to the recommended temperature. Place the stoneware baking sheet in the oven to preheat as well. Next, place the frozen or refrigerated bread dough in a plastic bag on top of the preheated stoneware. Allow the dough to rise and then bake according to the package instructions or until the bread is golden brown and fully cooked.

3. Can I use any type of bread dough for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of frozen or refrigerated bread dough for this recipe. It is a versatile recipe that can be customized to your preferences. You can use store-bought dough or make your own from scratch.

4. Do I need to grease the stoneware before using it for this recipe?

No, the Pampered Chef stoneware is designed to be non-stick and does not require any greasing. However, you can lightly spray the stoneware with cooking spray if you prefer.

5. How do I clean the stoneware after making a "Melted Bread Bag on Stone"?

To clean the stoneware after use, allow it to cool completely before washing it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using harsh cleaning agents or metal utensils on the stoneware as it can damage the non-stick surface. You can also use a plastic scraper to remove any stuck-on food before washing. Do not put the stoneware in the dishwasher or soak it in water. Allow it to air dry before storing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Vicks
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
amy07
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
clshirk
  • Intrepid_Chef