• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Update: Mega Scraper Production Delay - Important Information for Consultants

In summary, Home office has decided to delay the shipment of Mega Scrapers earned through the Director Benefit program and Sell-a-thon. They anticipate shipping samples after the start of the new season.
Kodeysmom
Gold Member
Mega Scraper Shipments Delayed

Due to production issues, we have not received the quantity of Mega Scrapers (item no.
1701) we expected. While the production issues have been resolved, we do not have a
sufficient quantity of Mega Scrapers on hand. As a result, we have decided to delay the
shipment of the Mega Scrapers that were earned through the Director Benefit program and
Sell-a-thon. In addition, fulfillment of sample orders will also be delayed.

While we know it’s disappointing that Consultants will not have this item at the beginning
of the season, we feel that the delay is necessary in order to fill your customers’
orders.

We anticipate that we will ship your sample after the start of the new season. We will
send an email when we have an updated shipping date.

In the meantime, you can still sell the Mega Scraper effectively at your Cooking Shows by
referring to the catalog photo on page 22. The Mega Scraper has the same great
construction as the Micro Scraper (item no. 1702) and the Master Scraper (item no. 1703).
So use those scrapers at your Shows to let customers see the high quality, superior
strength and vibrant cranberry and white color of the Mega Scraper.

We appreciate your understanding and apologize for the inconvenience this may cause

This Stinks!!!Home office should have anticipated this. I earned this product, it is not a gift. So not happy, they should offer an alternative!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Do you interpret this to mean that what they have, they are reserving to
fill orders that we submit in the initial few weeks of March shows? That is six weeks from now, and it surprises me that they do not have a sufficient number to fill the Incentive bonus' we have earned way back in November.

That's how I interpret it, Rita, that they're delaying our shipments to make sure they have enough for customers.It also says that the supplier had production problems. So there was nothing HO could have done to get more. IMO, it's better to keep our customers happy than to send them to us and have back-orders for customers.

I am happy they will delay the one I earned instead of selling defective ones than will need to be returned by customers later.

Thats what i was thinking, i would love to get mine now but i would rather a customer have the chance and me wait.

I respectfully disagree, as a consultant I am there best customer. Once again an incentive that is earned is withheld due to poor planning. Again, not a gift. I held up my end and submitted two shows in November. This is not the first time this has happened. Home office should feel it is their responsibility to hold up there end.:mad:

They did apologize. Things happen. I don't think you would want a customer/host to get upset with you this way if were unable to fulfill an obligation. It's not on purpose, and I think we will all survive w/o this one thing that we've never had and shouldn't miss to much.

Submitting 2 shows in November has nothing to do with the Mega Scraper. We might be their best customers, but I would rather have 10 happy customers (or more) than have one myself. Also, like Ann said, it was a manufacturing problem. I remember a few years ago they brought out a new Chillzanne piece. The manufacturer could not make the product to HO's specs, so they never sold it. I would rather that happen than have unhappy customers - those are the people that pay most of my commission check!

colechef said:
I respectfully disagree, as a consultant I am there best customer. Once again an incentive that is earned is withheld due to poor planning. Again, not a gift. I held up my end and submitted two shows in November. This is not the first time this has happened. Home office should feel it is their responsibility to hold up there end.:mad:
I guess I don't view myself as a customer...I don't really "buy" anything so if I don't earn it, I don't have it. I would much rather my customer have it available so I don't have to explain the story and can keep my customer intead of having it to show and saying "sorry you can't buy it". I'm having Woven Selections Flashbacks! :eek:
Another great aspect of this business...we don't all agree. :D

Teresa Lynn said:
I am happy they will delay the one I earned instead of selling defective ones than will need to be returned by customers later.

My feelings exactly!

No offense, but I think you might have been drinking the "Kool-Aide" for too long. At the very least a replacement should be offered. I have been incredibly understanding in the past when the same thing has happened. How many times does this have to happen? Accountability is not a bad thing. Yes, once again there was an apology for the inconvenience. Still not right in my book. Unfortunate!:mad:

colechef said:

No, as a consultant you are definitely NOT their best customer. They'll still get it to you, just a little later than planned. It is still a gift...just a belated one. Think of it as they are stretching out the excitement.

colechef said:
No offense, but I think you might have been drinking the "Kool-Aide" for too long. At the very least a replacement should be offered. I have been incredibly understanding in the past when the same thing has happened. How many times does this have to happen? Accountability is not a bad thing. Yes, once again there was an apology for the inconvenience. Still not right in my book. Unfortunate!:mad:
What is that supposed to mean? Drinking the Kool Aide too long?

colechef said:

Although I agree that I am their best costumer too, I guess I didn't have as such a strong reaction because I've been in their shoes. You can make the best plans and feel you have given yourself plenty of time and then WHAM something happens that is beyond your control. I know because that has happened to me before. All I could really do is apologize and hope that they understood.

I believe we shouldn't be too hard on HO. Sure. I was disappointed but there are too many things that PC does right that makes me smile. :D

It is a slam on those that choose to look at the positive side of something from a very negative thread that at is dead, gone and needs to stay there for eternity.

Enough Negativity!!!!!!
colechef said:

Oh my word!

I have to say - I am finding it REALLY awful that suddenly a bunch of new people join this board (yes, you are one of the ones I am referring to colechef) and spew negativity left and right. I hardly enjoy coming to CS to celebrate my successes, share in others celebrations, help each ther, etc anymore...thanks to all these Negative Nellies who have recently come here to bash our company. Really ladies...I am sure there are other PC mesasge boards and email loops - take your negativity over there. It's not appreciated or welcome over here.

dannyzmom said:
Oh my word!

I have to say - I am finding it REALLY awful that suddenly a bunch of new people join this board (yes, you are one of the ones I am referring to colechef) and spew negativity left and right. I hardly enjoy coming to Chef Success to celebrate my successes, share in others celebrations, help each ther, etc anymore...thanks to all these Negative Nellies who have recently come here to bash our company. Really ladies...I am sure there are other PC mesasge boards and email loops - take your negativity over there. It's not appreciated or welcome over here.
Amen, well said Carolyn!!!!

I agree wholeheartedly with Carolyn. Also, think about what HO has released in the past year - over 100 products with no main problems. THAT IS AMAZING!

Bottom line, we can better serve our customers now! I am thankful HO had the foresight to hold consultants' gifts back so when these babies fly off the shelves (or out of the warehouse) we don't have to stick "not available" sticker on the photos.

It is not negative, to be unhappy with this situation. Again this is not a gift, it is an incentive that was earned. I guess my question is why can't I raise a legitimate concern without being branded as being negative. Questioning HO's planning is not being disloyal. I refuse to say "why thank you for not fulfilling your end of the bargain." I am so happy to wait well into the selling season once again for a product that was supposed to ship tis month:mad: :grumpy: .

Teresa Lynn said:

Amen, sister!

It is unfortunate that the questionable product happens to be a part of Level 1, which impacts the highest number of consultants, but, some perspective, please. I mean, we come out with over 100 new products per year, and while I can only believe and assume HO does their absolute best to prevent these issues from happening, s**t does happen. As several have pointed out, I would rather be able to please our customers to the best effect I can, than to say, "See this great product? Well, I have it, but I'm not sure when you can get it." Not good customer service. Our customers do not need to know why we don't have it at the time, only that it is available. And, as someone else pointed out, it will mean getting another free product later on, so the "receiving" is spread out. If someone has that much frustration over a minor inconvenience, maybe you're in the wrong business...

Hello, Hello, just because I have a complaint does not mean that I am a new consultant!!!!!! Have been one for over four years and a member of chefsuccess for at least three. Slamming PC, I don't really think so. A legitimate complaint, not an erroneus one.

missyciccolella said:
Bottom line, we can better serve our customers now! I am thankful HO had the foresight to hold consultants' gifts back so when these babies fly off the shelves (or out of the warehouse) we don't have to stick "not available" sticker on the photos.

Ooh, those stickers are SOOOO annoying!!!

LOL 6 messages posted just while I was writing mine... I guess this lit some fires, huh?!

colechef said:
You obviously have no idea how production works. Pampered Chef doesn't MAKE the products, they order them from suppliers who have production centers or vendors who make them for them. It goes through a whole supply chain. PC is the last stop (before the customer), and a million things can go wrong before it reaches its final destination. They can plan and plan and plan, but in the end, it's up to other people to get it to them, and they can't control every little thing. You are trying to blame them for not giving you something you "earned", but they will!!They didn't say we'll NEVER get it, they said we'll get it LATER. You are making a huge mountain out of a tiny molehill, and you need to keep your negativity off the board. This is a supportive board to help you with your PC business, not to spew negativity and accuse people of drinking the "kool aide". My goodness, where did you come from?! Am I going to have to add you to my ignore list?? :grumpy:

colechef said:
It is not negative, to be unhappy with this situation. Again this is not a gift, it is an incentive that was earned.

Nowhere does it say this scraper is a gift. Yes, it is an earned product.

colechef said:
I guess my question is why can't I raise a legitimate concern without being branded as being negative. Questioning HO's planning is not being disloyal. I refuse to say "why thank you for not fulfilling your end of the bargain."

But you see, that is where you and most of us here disagree. The company IS fulfilling their end of the bargain. They are even going so far as to delay shipment to us so that we can offer the best customer service. They are giving us a leg up! I have PC products coming out of my ears and could care less when this scraper arrives. I have higher priced items to sell and will focus on doing that.

It's all in your perspective.

It is a valid concern and your issue should really be taken up with Home Office. They are the ones that need to hear your concerns. They won't hear them written here.

Ok, I just got online and read this. I HAVE to comment.

As an engineer that has dealt with manufacturing for most of my career, and as a businesswomen who outside of PC deals with customer service and decisions like this ALL the time, I think HO made a wise decision!

1. Due to production issues, we have not received...

We (PC and us) are RESELLERS not manufacturers. Try as we wish to dictate what our vendors send us, we have no control. Just as we have no control over not getting the Mega Scrapers as incentives, they have no control over the vendor getting their stock to them.

2. Production issues have been resolved...

Obviously their supplier is working hard to resolve this.

3. While we know it’s disappointing that Consultants will not have this item at the beginning
of the season, we feel that the delay is necessary in order to fill your customers’
orders.

I think this is very sincere and a wise decision...and we are NOT PC's best customers, we have CHOSEN to become consultants. I get my merchandise at a discount, PC chooses to give me products as I sell things. They don't have to give an incentive each month, they could choose to just give us our 20% or so. Earning merchandise is a bonus. I deal with this attitude at work too. Our company has made it very clear that our true customers come before us and if we go to our retail store and try to step in front of customers or demand better service because we work there, we should be reprimanded and I agree. Our employee discount is a perk not a requirement. In today's society we are SOOOO me oriented and think we are owed so much without working for it. We think of ourselves before serving others. Not a good thing!!!! ...and then we wonder why welfare and other programs at one time intended for good are WAY out of control!

4. A replacement should be offered?

Why? PC is selling to the customers, they can get them. Consultants will get them too, just a little bit later. If you want one sooner, buy it like the rest.

Ok, I'd better quit before I get too fired up...

colechef said:
Hello, Hello, just because I have a complaint does not mean that I am a new consultant!!!!!! Have been one for over four years and a member of chefsuccess for at least three. Slamming PC, I don't really think so. A legitimate complaint, not an erroneus one.

You only have 13 message so far (half of them on this thread), so that makes you look "new" to everyone here, even if you've been lurking behind the scenes for the past 3 years and finally decided to pop on when you saw the beloved Mega Scraper won't be in your hands in 2 weeks. :eek:

Thank you Colleen, I have already done so. I would like to thank you for your response. You did not attack me for my opinion, and validated my reason for my concern.

Ok, so a million people commented since me. I think we should just agree that they tried to do the best for the customers...

Consultants are disappointed, but don't question that their decisions weren't in our best interests. If you don't agree with the decision, call HO.

cathyskitchen said:
You only have 13 message so far (half of them on this thread), so that makes you look "new" to everyone here, even if you've been lurking behind the scenes for the past 3 years and finally decided to pop on when you saw the beloved Mega Scraper won't be in your hands in 2 weeks. :eek:

I think I liked cole better when she was a lurker :(

dannyzmom said:
I think I liked cole better when she was a lurker :(
That is negative...just calling you on the "negative" comment from earlier:D

Colechef - I reread your responses because some got me fired up to. I think your first response expressed a disappointment, but the saying you are their best customer then more pointedly accusing fellow consultants of "drinking the Kool-aid" is what got people fired up. That Kool-aid comment from the lady against PC touched some nerves that are still fresh and you just fired them up again. I don't think people would have pounced except for that comment. I know that is what got me.

I have to agree about the negativity on here. I am trying really hard to step up my business for the new year, and CS has always been a source of support, inspiration and motivation for me. Its really sad that every time I log on now, the top posts are full of complaints about the company and products. I'm not going to say that I'm happy with every decision HO makes, but I have made a decision to look at the positive and how I can use it to benefit my business. Also, think of the people coming on here who haven't signed yet. Is this the impression of PC and our consultants that we want to give them?

How incredibly arrogant of you Carolyn. I paid my money just like you did to be a member and have access to the many wonderful resources this site has to offer. Lurking or not, I do not need or care if you like me more now than before. My frustration with this situation is just that my frustration. Not a desire for you to mock me. Shame on you!!!!!

DebbieJ said:
Ooh, those stickers are SOOOO annoying!!!

YES! Especially when you can't take them off when it comes in! Waste of catalogs...

cathyskitchen said:
Am I going to have to add you to my ignore list?? :grumpy:

Thank you, Greg, for giving us an "ignore" option!
I think that, from now on, rather than wasting my time getting fired up over people's negativity, I am simply going to put them on my ignore list. Someone made a post yesterday saying she was so thrilled with all she earned and did not appreciate others on the board "pooping" on her happiness...that's just how I feel. I love this company and all they have provided for me and my family...I don't appreciate people pooping on my lovefest. So...I am going to make better use of my ignore button...now pass me a big ole glass of that Kool Aid...I LIKE it!!

It stinks that we will not get the product in the next couple weeks, but I am thrilled that PC wants our customers to stay happy!! When we get the new scraper it will be just as exciting in my eyes!! I will look forward to getting a package!! JMO

StacieB said:
It stinks that we will not get the product in the next couple weeks, but I am thrilled that PC wants our customers to stay happy!! When we get the new scraper it will be just as exciting in my eyes!! I will look forward to getting a package!! JMO
Yes! Happy customers are crucial to our success!!!

This is a dissapointment, but I agree with the decision HO has made. I would prefer to sell them to my customers then have one in my hands.

It would be good to offer an alternative to consultants though. They can either pick something else in the price range or wait for it to be back in stock. I know when I first signed up I earned all of the cranberry stones for free. They were on back order for a long time so they sent me something free. I can't remember what it was for sure but I think it was a small bar pan. As a new consultant it really impressed me.

I for one would rather they hold the one I earned so that when I sell one in March my customer can get it rather than me having it to show, or rather I say entice my customer, and then have it backordered.

And, Amen to what Missy said about not having to stick "not available" stickers on catalog!!

Everyone... supply is limited. It's better to get one in a customer's hand who will tell others about it than 1 in your kit that you don't sell because it's on backorder.

PamperChefCarol said:
I for one would rather they hold the one I earned so that when I sell one in March my customer can get it rather than me having it to show, or rather I say entice my customer, and then have it backordered.

And, Amen to what Missy said about not having to stick "not available" stickers on catalog!!

Everyone... supply is limited. It's better to get one in a customer's hand who will tell others about it than 1 in your kit that you don't sell because it's on backorder.
Carol, it must be that all the smarties are in Michigan, because I agree with you 100%. :)

dannyzmom said:
I have to say - I am finding it REALLY awful that suddenly a bunch of new people join this board (yes, you are one of the ones I am referring to colechef) and spew negativity left and right.

I honestly hope this comment wasn't directed at me since I'm new too. ;)

I feel EVERYONE has a right to their opinion even if some may consider it negative. I love PC but they are not perfect. I think PC could stick a fork in some people's eyes and some people would be like, "Oh! Let's not say anything bad about The Pampered Chef." :rolleyes:

I didn't agree with colechef either (except the part about us being their top customer) but if you silence him/her, you must silence ANYONE who has an opinion. I wasn't happy about the scraper being on back order either but that isn't going to change my opinion about our company. And I can see why someone might get upset about not getting it either.

Can't we all just get along. *Hugs* :D

Thank you for your kind words and not participating in the ganging up on someone expressing their opinion. I have learned that I will have to lurk and not participate or express my opinion. Really ladies, this type of behavior might have been acceptable in high school. It's over now, grow up.

I, too, was disappointed that the mega-scraper will be on hold for me. I completely understand why HO decided what they did, and I'll survive, but being a fairly new consultant who is having a hard time getting the bookings she wants in her rural area and was unable to reach a higher sell-a-thon goal, I get three items, one of which is now on hold. It bummed me out cause I look forward to all the free stuff I can get since I'm new and don't want to have to buy it all. If I were a director and getting everything else, I'd have a lot more coming, and wouldn't miss this one item. But since I'm not, 1/3 of my incentive is on hold. Again, I'm not trying to be negative at all...I'm fine with the decision HO made, and am glad they chose to do what they did...just a bit bummed is all. I don't like all the comments that are on this site either, but I can just let go of what I don't like and move on...there is a wealth of encouragement and information on this board, and I think overall, even with a few 'negative' comments, this site is overwhelmingly positive and a great place to communicate with other PC'ers.

<h2>1. Why is there a delay in the shipment of Mega Scrapers?</h2><p>The delay is due to production issues that have now been resolved. However, there is still a shortage of Mega Scrapers available for shipment.</p><h2>2. Will the delay affect my ability to earn Mega Scrapers through the Director Benefit program and Sell-a-thon?</h2><p>Yes, the shipment of Mega Scrapers earned through these programs will also be delayed.</p><h2>3. What about sample orders?</h2><p>Fulfillment of sample orders will also be delayed at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.</p><h2>4. When can we expect the Mega Scrapers to be shipped?</h2><p>We do not have an exact date at this time, but we will send an email with an updated shipping date as soon as possible.</p><h2>5. How can we still sell the Mega Scraper at our Cooking Shows?</h2><p>You can use the catalog photo on page 22 to showcase the product and explain its features. Additionally, you can use the Micro Scraper and Master Scraper to demonstrate the high quality and strength of the Mega Scraper.</p>

1. Why is there a delay in the shipment of Mega Scrapers?

The delay is due to production issues that have now been resolved. However, there is still a shortage of Mega Scrapers available for shipment.

2. Will the delay affect my ability to earn Mega Scrapers through the Director Benefit program and Sell-a-thon?

Yes, the shipment of Mega Scrapers earned through these programs will also be delayed.

3. What about sample orders?

Fulfillment of sample orders will also be delayed at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

4. When can we expect the Mega Scrapers to be shipped?

We do not have an exact date at this time, but we will send an email with an updated shipping date as soon as possible.

5. How can we still sell the Mega Scraper at our Cooking Shows?

You can use the catalog photo on page 22 to showcase the product and explain its features. Additionally, you can use the Micro Scraper and Master Scraper to demonstrate the high quality and strength of the Mega Scraper.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
Replies
Views
esavvymom