• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join Us for Meet n Greets at Hilton Chicago - Wave 3 Conference Prep!

In summary, the Conference is coming up soon and there are lots of things to do. The first Meet n' Greet is on Wednesday, and the second one is on Thursday. There is also a gift exchange planned, and people can attend either one or both. The Hilton is close by, and the Sheraton is also nearby.
chefann
Gold Member
There are just a hair over 5 weeks until Conference, so let's get the party planned!

We'll do 2 Meet n Greets again this year, so you can come to the one (or both) that fits your schedule.

Wednesday, July 16, 7:00 pm
Thursday, July 17, 8:30 pm (to allow people to get dinner after General Session)
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CHICHHH-Hilton-Chicago-Illinois/dining.do, http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CHICHHH-Hilton-Chicago-Illinois/index.do (south end of building, off lobby - look for the fiberglass cow in the lobby)

Kitty O'Shea's is an Irish Pub, and has a fairly complete menu. If you need a meal, pop in a little early for some leek soup, shepherd's pie, or fish and chips. Another advantage is that because it's, well, a bar, we can get loud and rowdy and nobody will care.

We had a gift exchange last year that was fun, so we're going to reprise it. If you would like to participate (it's not mandatory), bring a small ($5-10) gift, wrapped. Last year we did picture frames so everyone would have something to put the group photo in, but you could bring fun office supplies, a cookbook from the clearance rack at the bookstore, a Conference survival pack, etc. Make it fun, and put your info into the package before you wrap it!

The Hilton is within walking distance of the Palmer House Hilton, and a short cab ride from the Sheraton. I'm sure there will be other Cheffers looking to share cabs or walk together, so don't let the fact that you're not staying at the Hilton stop you from popping in to say hi.

Sounds like fun to me! I'll probably see ya on Wed. My group usually does a dinner thing on Thurs.

chefann said:
There are just a hair over 5 weeks until Conference, so let's get the party planned!

We'll do 2 Meet n Greets again this year, so you can come to the one (or both) that fits your schedule.

Thursday, July 17, 8:30 pm (to allow people to get dinner after General Session)
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CHICHHH-Hilton-Chicago-Illinois/dining.do, http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CHICHHH-Hilton-Chicago-Illinois/index.do (south end of building, off lobby - look for the fiberglass cow in the lobby)

Kitty O'Shea's is an Irish Pub, and has a fairly complete menu. If you need a meal, pop in a little early for some leek soup, shepherd's pie, or fish and chips. Another advantage is that because it's, well, a bar, we can get loud and rowdy and nobody will care.

We had a gift exchange last year that was fun, so we're going to reprise it. If you would like to participate (it's not mandatory), bring a small ($5-10) gift, wrapped. Last year we did picture frames so everyone would have something to put the group photo in, but you could bring fun office supplies, a cookbook from the clearance rack at the bookstore, a Conference survival pack, etc. Make it fun, and put your info into the package before you wrap it!

The Hilton is within walking distance of the Palmer House Hilton, and a short cab ride from the Sheraton. I'm sure there will be other Cheffers looking to share cabs or walk together, so don't let the fact that you're not staying at the Hilton stop you from popping in to say hi.

Ooh sounds like a blast! Not sure what my lil group of peeps is doing but I'm sure I will go to at least one of them!

I'm hoping to make it over there. Since my Exec dinner is at the Sheraton I am there. My group is doing a tour of Chicago Wednesday night so I know I won't make that one but I will try on Thursday. If you're at the Sheraton let me know if you want to share a cab that night!

Uh Beth, we're counting on you being there on Thursday. I'm not paying for conference, plane fare, hotel, food, etc and not getting to meet you. If you can't make it to the Thursday MnG, I'm doing to ask PC for my money back. ;)

legacypc46 said:
Uh Beth, we're counting on you being there on Thursday. I'm not paying for conference, plane fare, hotel, food, etc and not getting to meet you. If you can't make it to the Thursday MnG, I'm doing to ask PC for my money back. ;)
Well, if that doesn't give me the incentive to be there, I don't know what would! :eek: :love:

Beth,

Dawn and I are at the Sheraton, too, so maybe we can hitch a ride together on Thursday.

dianevill said:
Beth,

Dawn and I are at the Sheraton, too, so maybe we can hitch a ride together on Thursday.
WOO HOO! Sounds great! Actually, here's the plan I just sent to my room-mates:

I have friends who are meeting at Kitty O'Shea's restaurant and bar at the Hilton on Wed and Thurs evening. I would really like to go to meet up with them on Thursday and wanted to let you know you are very welcome to join us. We could visit the product showcase after general session - it's open until 7:30 and then take the shuttle to the Hilton instead of our hotel, eat dinner at Kitty O'Shea's or around the corner at the Corner Bakery, visit with them and then cab it back to the Sheraton together. If we go elsewhere for dinner we likely would have to do a cab both ways so that would save us some by taking that shuttle one way.

With your offer, if they got bored with us or don't want to go at all, they could head back on their own and I could go with you. YEAH!

PS: I still need one more for my room at the Sheraton! :eek: :cry:

Anyone knowing of someone who needs a space please PM or email me!

Beth- I'm probably going to do the same thing (go through the product room, then just eat at Kitty O'Shea's).

chefann said:
Beth- I'm probably going to do the same thing (go through the product room, then just eat at Kitty O'Shea's).
Good. If my team doesn't want to do the plan I'll just shuttle over with you.

Whew! I am so glad that I am not making Leggy miss conference. :rolleyes:

I didn't even think of shuttling right over to the Hilton. That's a great idea! Save a little on cab costs :)

dianevill said:
I didn't even think of shuttling right over to the Hilton. That's a great idea! Save a little on cab costs :)
I'm all about saving a little! ...and when I double checked the conference schedule it made the most sense too!

I didn't want to make the MnG too late on Thursday, because then we'll all be too tired on Friday. But I tried to allow some time for people to grab a meal.

I am not sure what day I will be there, probably Wed, maybe both :) woo-hoo ~party on!!!

I'm not sure which night I will be there, but I will be staying at the Hilton, so maybe both.

Niki, you have to at least stop in on Thursday. Would love to meet another fellow Wisconsinite!

I will try to do that. I have no idea what our plan is. I just found out the hotel tonight, when I e-mailed my director's director. Hope to see lots of you there!

Hey Ann, is anyone taking cell numbers for wave 3?

Is that being added to the wave 3 workshop schedule?

I don't think anyone was. You volunteering?

Sure, I can take numbers. I'll start a new thread about it. Just didn't want to duplicate anyone's effort.

I think Beth is. I know I emailed her my number already Linda.

Nevermind, that was for Career Club lunch.

How long will the Wednesday Meet and Great last? I have dinner at 6.

Dunno. Last year that one (before conf. started) was a couple of hours.

I don't want yall to have any fun without me!!

We'll promise to stay until you show up in your white-trash stretch pants. Especially if you promise to wear a tube top and frosted lipstick.

Trust me, Ann - you would not want me to be in anything like that.
Also - I think that is what John was going to wear and I would hate to copy!

Oh, dear lord. Thank you for that disturbing mental image. :eek:

And to think that others give me grief for posting a simple little Burt picture. They'd have a change of heart if they read this one!

You know, I'm still dismayed that those pics were removed before I had a chance to ogle-I mean view- them.

Well, with photohop, I might could make it work....

chefann said:

I won't be getting into the Chicago OHARE till 6:55pm (Wed) will you all still be there--anyone know how long it takes to get to Hilton from OHARE?

Sandra

Oh, we'll still be there. I think we were there for 2 hours last year. :D

Sandra - traffic can be a pain at that time so... Good guess, maybe an hour.

And H*#& NO - I WILL NOT BE WEARING STRETCH PANTS! EWWW!!
Lamar, do not even put that image in anyones minds. (EEK It grosses me out!) Especially that of the people who have meet me. Poor Ann! I think you may have traumatized her for life. I am so sorry dear that you had to even think of that image! Linda, I am sorry you had to endure that as well! Lamer, never assume just anyone can wear those strechy things! I REALLY do not have the build for it! Line backer is being kind to my build. If I were tall enough to fit my weight, well, I would probably be 8' 6" tall! As Garfield so eloquently put it, "I am not over weight! I am simply under tall!" (By alot in my case!)

You and me both, John. I'm supposed to lose 90 pounds to get to the weight I'm supposed to be at for my height. That ain't gonna happen any time soon. (I type as there's an empty wrapper from a Klondike bar next to my computer.)

John, I do love ya man....but stretch pants are not your thing!

No kidding! That majorly frightens me even!

Almost forgot - I got word back about the conference tees:

They said go ahead. Not if you are walking the stage though and with a nice pair of kahkis or slacks!

I'm going to try to make it to one of the MnGs as well.Kris, help me remember!!!!

Awesome!! I just posted in another thread that I hoped you were going to make it.

Debi,

Just make sure we all know where you are staying and WE WILL ALL COME TO YOUR ROOM AND REMIND YOU! Or at least we could make a phone call to the hotel if you wanted us too! Make sure Linda has a cell phone number. (She collects them as a hobby! Strange, very strange AND a DIRECTOR!!))

pampered1224 said:
Debi,

Just make sure we all know where you are staying and WE WILL ALL COME TO YOUR ROOM AND REMIND YOU! Or at least we could make a phone call to the hotel if you wanted us too! Make sure Linda has a cell phone number. (She collects them as a hobby! Strange, very strange AND a DIRECTOR!!))

Watch it boy! I have your number....and I'll start writing it on bathroom walls if you mess with me the wrong way :D

LMAO "for a good time call John" LOL!

Linda, I don't think you can usually get into the right bathrooms to put John's number in. ;) (Conference being the big exception.)

chefann said:
Linda, I don't think you can usually get into the right bathrooms to put John's number in. ;) (Conference being the big exception.)

I bet I could :cool:

pamperedlinda said:
Watch it boy! I have your number....and I'll start writing it on bathroom walls if you mess with me the wrong way :D

LMAO "for a good time call John" LOL!

If you want to really annoy him at conference, write "for free office supplies call John" on the bathroom wall... cheffers will JUMP all over that one!

I am soo bummed, my group ( and ride) decided not to leave until 4 pm on Wednesday so I wont get to Chicago until after 10 pm. I may miss you all on Wednesday, but will catch up on Thursday.

So are we doing gifts? If so, how does that work?

Last year, we did picture frames. I was thinking that if anyone wanted to participate, they could bring a frame or something fun (or - imagine this - something that people could use for their business, like an OfficeMax $5 gift card). We drew numbers from a bag, and people got to pick a gift in the order of the numbers.

chefann said:
Last year, we did picture frames. I was thinking that if anyone wanted to participate, they could bring a frame or something fun (or - imagine this - something that people could use for their business, like an OfficeMax $5 gift card). We drew numbers from a bag, and people got to pick a gift in the order of the numbers.

I can only imagine "something fun" with this group!

<h2>1. What are the dates and times for the Meet n Greets at Hilton Chicago?</h2><p>The Meet n Greets will be held on Wednesday, July 16 at 7:00 pm and Thursday, July 17 at 8:30 pm.</p><h2>2. Where will the Meet n Greets take place?</h2><p>The Meet n Greets will be held at the Hilton Chicago, located at the south end of the building off the lobby. Look for the fiberglass cow in the lobby to find us.</p><h2>3. Is food available at the Meet n Greets?</h2><p>Yes, the Meet n Greets will be held at Kitty O'Shea's, an Irish Pub with a full menu. If you need a meal, be sure to arrive a little early to enjoy some delicious dishes such as leek soup, shepherd's pie, or fish and chips.</p><h2>4. Will there be a gift exchange at the Meet n Greets?</h2><p>Yes, there will be a gift exchange at the Meet n Greets. If you would like to participate, please bring a small gift (valued at $5-10) wrapped. Some ideas for gifts include fun office supplies, a cookbook, or a Conference survival pack. Don't forget to put your contact information inside the package before wrapping it!</p><h2>5. Can I still attend the Meet n Greets if I am not staying at the Hilton?</h2><p>Yes, the Hilton is within walking distance of the Palmer House Hilton and a short cab ride from the Sheraton. There will likely be other Cheffers looking to share cabs or walk together, so don't let your hotel accommodations stop you from joining us for a fun evening.</p>

1. What are the dates and times for the Meet n Greets at Hilton Chicago?

The Meet n Greets will be held on Wednesday, July 16 at 7:00 pm and Thursday, July 17 at 8:30 pm.

2. Where will the Meet n Greets take place?

The Meet n Greets will be held at the Hilton Chicago, located at the south end of the building off the lobby. Look for the fiberglass cow in the lobby to find us.

3. Is food available at the Meet n Greets?

Yes, the Meet n Greets will be held at Kitty O'Shea's, an Irish Pub with a full menu. If you need a meal, be sure to arrive a little early to enjoy some delicious dishes such as leek soup, shepherd's pie, or fish and chips.

4. Will there be a gift exchange at the Meet n Greets?

Yes, there will be a gift exchange at the Meet n Greets. If you would like to participate, please bring a small gift (valued at $5-10) wrapped. Some ideas for gifts include fun office supplies, a cookbook, or a Conference survival pack. Don't forget to put your contact information inside the package before wrapping it!

5. Can I still attend the Meet n Greets if I am not staying at the Hilton?

Yes, the Hilton is within walking distance of the Palmer House Hilton and a short cab ride from the Sheraton. There will likely be other Cheffers looking to share cabs or walk together, so don't let your hotel accommodations stop you from joining us for a fun evening.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views