• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Bake Rectangle & Large/Medium Racks?

In summary, the woven selections pieces should not be put in the oven. The racks for the round stones can be put in the oven, but be careful because they are hot.
rennea
Gold Member
I'm sorry I know that this is a stupid question and I should know the answer but.......can you put the large and medium & rectangle racks in the oven. I thought that they were for transporting and serving!! If you can what temp can they withstand. Thanks :eek:

I am not sure what you are talking about. Do you mean the rattan servers? If so, definetely not. You will have to call the fire dept! lol. The only other racks that I think you could be talking about is the racks for the round stones. Those can be put in the oven.

I always put the flat stone on the racks to put them in the oven. It makes it so much easier to remove them when the food is done! They're safe to 425 degrees just like the stones. Just remember that they are hot!

Of course you would never put the Woven Selections pieces in the oven at any temperature - that might sound simple but you never know what might go on in a kitchen. :rolleyes:

ThanksThank you, I thought you could but another consultant told me you couldn't. It will sure make getting the stone out much easier.

Thanks, again. :D

i remember a few months ago someone posted about a woven selections piece being put in the oven and boy what a mess!!! I love my racks...you can use them for different things. and it makes life easier getting them stones outof the oven!! :D

I also use the racks as prepping station. Just turn it upside down, set your stone on top of the 2 "runners" and make your ring, pizza etc...

I also use it as a back-up cooling rack, again by turning it upside down.

I am one of those people that when I use the rack like you're supposed to - I burn myself. I remember to use a hot pad to take it out of the oven BUT THEN - I go to cut the food and will grab the handle bare handed to hold on to it!!! :eek: My mind tells me NO as I'm reaching for it, but my hand thinks it has said GO, and the rest is history! :eek: My mind needs to enunciate. lol :D

Lee Anne

Last edited:
Too funnyMy brain seems to have the same problem! Nice to know I'm not alone!!!

Hi there! No need to apologize, it's always better to ask and make sure than to assume and potentially damage your racks. I'm happy to clarify for you - our rectangle and large/medium racks are actually designed to be used in the oven as well as for transporting and serving. They are made of durable materials that can withstand oven temperatures up to 450°F. So feel free to use them for all your baking needs! Happy cooking!

1. Can I use the rectangle rack for baking cookies?

Yes, the rectangle rack is perfect for baking cookies as it allows for even air circulation and prevents cookies from sticking to the pan.

2. Is the large/medium rack suitable for roasting meats?

Yes, the large/medium rack is great for roasting meats as it allows for excess fat to drip off and promotes even cooking.

3. Can I place the rectangle rack directly on the oven rack?

Yes, the rectangle rack can be placed directly on the oven rack. However, for easier handling and cleaning, we recommend placing it on a baking sheet.

4. What is the maximum weight that the large/medium rack can hold?

The large/medium rack can hold up to 15 pounds of weight, making it suitable for roasting large cuts of meat or multiple dishes at once.

5. Can the rectangle rack be used for cooling baked goods?

Yes, the rectangle rack can be used for cooling baked goods. Its elevated design allows for proper air circulation, which helps prevent sogginess on the bottom of baked goods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridgetbakes
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
bridgetbakes
  • Deeder
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Deeder
  • jenniferlynne