1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Medium & Large rack

1. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

I'm sorry I know that this is a stupid question and I should know the answer but.......can you put the large and medium & rectangle racks in the oven. I thought that they were for transporting and serving!! If you can what temp can they withstand. Thanks :eek:

Mar 6, 2006
  2. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

I am not sure what you are talking about. Do you mean the rattan servers? If so, definetely not. You will have to call the fire dept! lol. The only other racks that I think you could be talking about is the racks for the round stones. Those can be put in the oven.

Mar 6, 2006
  3. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I always put the flat stone on the racks to put them in the oven. It makes it so much easier to remove them when the food is done! They're safe to 425 degrees just like the stones. Just remember that they are hot!

Of course you would never put the Woven Selections pieces in the oven at any temperature - that might sound simple but you never know what might go on in a kitchen. :rolleyes:

Mar 6, 2006
  4. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

Thanks

Thank you, I thought you could but another consultant told me you couldn't. It will sure make getting the stone out much easier.

Thanks, again. :D

Mar 6, 2006
  5. monica_sweetconsultant

monica_sweetconsultant Advanced Member Silver Member

i remember a few months ago someone posted about a woven selections piece being put in the oven and boy what a mess!!! I love my racks...you can use them for different things. and it makes life easier getting them stones outof the oven!! :D

6. chef_leeanne

chef_leeanne Member Silver Member

I also use the racks as prepping station. Just turn it upside down, set your stone on top of the 2 "runners" and make your ring, pizza etc...

I also use it as a back-up cooling rack, again by turning it upside down.

I am one of those people that when I use the rack like you're supposed to - I burn myself. I remember to use a hot pad to take it out of the oven BUT THEN - I go to cut the food and will grab the handle bare handed to hold on to it!!! :eek: My mind tells me NO as I'm reaching for it, but my hand thinks it has said GO, and the rest is history! :eek: My mind needs to enunciate. lol :D

Lee Anne

Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
    Mar 7, 2006
  7. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

Too funny

My brain seems to have the same problem! Nice to know I'm not alone!!!

Mar 7, 2006
Have something to add?