• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Essentials of a Mediterranean Themed Party

In summary, the host wants hummis, oils, breads, etc. She is having wine and other things. What is a mediterranean theme consist of? You could do a combo grilling/mediterranean theme and do the Greek Island Fish Packets (in Main Dishes) or you could do Mediterranean Patio Pizza (Main Dishes). You could also do the new Olive Salad and Roasted Garlic Spread (S/B S/S '06).
pamperedchefpowers
help my host wants hummis, oils, breads etc. she is having wine and other things. What is a mediterranean theme consist of??????

you could really do anything Greek, you could do a combo grilling/mediterranean theme and do the Greek Island Fish Packets (in Main Dishes) or you could do Mediterranean Patio Pizza (Main Dishes) you could also do the new Olive Salad and Roasted Garlic Spread (S/B S/S '06). You could also have our Basil Blend Canola Oil with Pita Bread to dip. When I think of Mediterranean I think of Hummus, olives, pita bread, lamb, and I am brain farting on the rest right now! I love Greek/Mediterranean food and we have nothing around here that is any good.

Good luck and have fun with it!

do u have the recpie for the patio pizza? i dont have the cookbooks yet except the casual cooking.

Here is a Mediterranean Pizza recipe. :)

Attachments

• Mediterranean Pizza.doc
    20 KB · Views: 321
Another good recipe is the Meditteranean Cafe Salad. Yum Yum Yummy and it shows alot of products. The recipe is still posted on CC under themes.

My husband is from istanbul Turkey... the home of shish kabobs and yogurt, anything Mediterranean! They are right next to Greece, and many of the Greek food is actually Turkish - long history of rivalry there! ...
Anyway I made the Mediterranean Orzo Salad from the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook, and he and his brother LOVED IT! Just don't over cook the veggies like I did! and use the Greek Dressing, not Italian - that's a different country! Different taste!
And fruit shish kabob's? with some yummy dip??

yummmm... i'm gettin' hungry!

The orzo salad was a huge hit in my house too. I made mine with roasted eggplant instead of asparagas because, inexplicably, my grocery store didn't have asparagas that day.

I am also a big fan of the mediteranean spinach and artichoke ring. It is has feta and red bell pepper and is done as a ring. It is always a HUGE hit at my shows.

I love greek, turkish, and middle eastern food. (Salivating thinking of lamb kabobs...)

What is a Mediterranean theme?

A Mediterranean theme is a type of cuisine that is inspired by the dishes and flavors of countries surrounding the Mediterranean Sea, such as Greece, Italy, Spain, and Morocco. It often includes ingredients like olive oil, herbs, vegetables, and seafood.

What types of dishes can I make with a Mediterranean theme?

There are many dishes you can make with a Mediterranean theme, including Greek salad, Italian pasta dishes, Spanish paella, Moroccan tagine, and more. You can also incorporate Mediterranean flavors into dishes like grilled chicken, roasted vegetables, and dips like hummus or tzatziki.

What are some essential tools for cooking with a Mediterranean theme?

Some essential tools for cooking with a Mediterranean theme include a good quality olive oil, a mortar and pestle for grinding herbs and spices, a grill or grill pan for cooking meats and vegetables, and a food processor for making dips and sauces.

Are there any dietary restrictions to consider with a Mediterranean theme?

Mediterranean cuisine is generally considered to be healthy and balanced, but there are some dietary restrictions to consider. Many dishes contain dairy and gluten, so it may not be suitable for those with lactose intolerance or celiac disease. However, there are also many vegetarian and vegan options available in Mediterranean cuisine.

What are some popular ingredients in Mediterranean cuisine?

Some popular ingredients in Mediterranean cuisine include olive oil, garlic, lemon, tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, chickpeas, and various herbs and spices like oregano, rosemary, and cumin. These ingredients are often used to create flavorful and nutritious dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefsteph07