• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Medical Leave: Questions & Answers

In summary, Judy is looking for a surgeon who will consider her for a hip resurfacing surgery. She's probably looking at October. She's considering catty shows, then her momentum will continue and her paycheck. She's getting a knee replacement in July and is working full tilt until then. She's asking for back-up from another consultant in her cluster. If she has a support system that can help if recovery takes longer or is harder than expected, she thinks she'll be fine.
jj16
Gold Member
I'm not sure where to ask this question so if this is the wrong place I apologize.

Does PC allow you to take a medical leave? If so what happens? I finally found a surgeon that will consider me for a hip resurfacing surgery. I'm probably looking at October. It will be between 3-6 weeks before I can return to my regular activities. Or if I could get enough bookings for catalog shows I have no problem with that. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Judy:)

There is no leave any more. You can request a 1-month extension to your monthly requirements. For example, if you submit $150 in Sept., you can use an extension for October, and still be considered active. Then you'd have to submit $150 in November. If you plan ahead, you can actually get catalog shows lined up and not need to use an extension.

I would definately try to line up some catty shows, then your momentum will continue and your paycheck.

I would try to line up some catalog shows. You can still work from home without giving everything up and stay active!

I am getting a knee replacement in July. The Friday after conference. I am working full tilt until then, and am hoping do a show July 23 that I can talk the hostess into closing Aug 1. If not, I am booking shows after Aug 16. This is really cutting it close as the doctor says 4 weeks recovery, but I am a fast healer, can manage pain extremely well and am focused. I picked this time because once September hits, I can't afford to be off my feet, not until before Christmas, but then January is always a great host special/double points that I don't want to miss that. So it's now or never.

What I am also doing is asking for back-up from another consultant in my cluster. We are "booth buddies" and were "bed buddies" (ok, more information than you wanted to know!) at Leadership. She had a brain tumor that she had taken out in May. I went and picked up a fund raiser for her, inputted it into PP3, drove her to meetings, traded my dots blanket from leadership for a HWC tote that she couldn't earn, and brought over supplies. She is not 100% better but she is planning on being back up and running, slow, but running end of July. She is offering to drive me to shows in Aug and help me carry stuff in and be my assistant if I am still in trouble. I know if need be, she will do a show for me. In addition to that, my director has offered to fill in for me if need be.

That's the best advice I have for you. If you have a support system that can help if recovery takes longer or is harder than expected, I think that would be a huge help.

Good luck with the surgery. I don't know what resurfacing means, but I am sure it doesn't mean "walk in the park."

I'll say it again I think no kind of leave for medical reasons is a bunch of crap!! They (PC) push "Help Whip Cancer" and they won't even give their consultants time off for medical reasons! I could even understand if they want a Dr.'s excuse! It's very sad!

We are not he only ones though. I know two other direct sales reps. And according the them they too do not get any special dispensation. When I ended up in the hospital from December 16th until January 16th in 2005 - 2006 I think it was, then I was home bound until Mid-April after that, I sent an e-mail out to all my past hosts who I had e-mails for. I simply explained that I did not want to loose everythng I had earned thus far with Pampered Chef and would they please consider hosting a catalog party for me in January, February, March or April as I was not allowed to be "on my feet" for those months to do parties. You know what happened? 10 catalogs parties over the course of those 4 months! People will help you out if they know the circomstances as well as the result of their doing a kind thing for you. So definately let all your past hosts know what will be happening and ask for help. I am so sure you will get it, you will never look back at P3 and know you were off the job so to speak.

Thanks for all the input. I have been searching for a Dr. for 6 months for this and feel I need to act on it. I go in in mid August for x-rays, MRI, bone density test, etc. I have to drive 5 hours to Boulder Colorado which is a 5 hour drive but it will be worth it if I can be pain free.

Resurfacing is where they put a metal cap on the femur head and put in a metal socket in your hip ball and socket. Basically I am too young for a total hip replacement and I want to return to my normal activities. Prior to this I used to run 5 miles every morning at 2:00 a.m. and then I had to be at the shop by 4:00 a.m. because I'm a construction worker dump truck driver.

The surgery was accepted in the United States in 2006 so it is a relatively new procedure in the U.S. This year I will be at conference and will probably be in a lot of pain but I'm determined to get my business going but next year I hope to be there pain free!!

Thanks for all the suggestions and support.

Judy

Last edited:
I was fornuate to be in between the 2 programs this spring so I was able to take 2 months off without loosing everything during my chemo treatments. I am now getting my biz built back up. Best wishes to you. I think the leave policy isn't very good either. I think you should contact your customers and let them know. I did with my family and got nothing from them.

Ann R.: Your family did not help you with your PC biz?? Is that what you are saying? If so, unbelievable! Hope all is well with you now!!
Deb

One sister did a catalog show another sister is doing a show this month. But I sent out information to my sister-in-laws and they didn't do anything. Also my nephew is not doing a weddng registry. None of my family did wedding registries.

pampered1224 said:
We are not he only ones though. I know two other direct sales reps. And according the them they too do not get any special dispensation.

If they jumped off a cliff should we also? I really don't care what other companies do. I think PC likes to look good to the customer by doing their HWC campaign; but heaven help one of their consultants/directors if they have a health issue like cancer!

Who wants to worry about getting a catalog show toghether when they are going through a major health issues.

Very sad to me.

P.S. I'm not upset with you - I'm upset w/PC so please don't take my post the wrong way:)!

1. What is the process for requesting medical leave with Pampered Chef?

To request medical leave with Pampered Chef, you must first notify your direct supervisor or HR representative. They will provide you with the necessary forms and information to begin the process. You will also need to provide documentation from your healthcare provider.

2. How much medical leave am I entitled to as an employee of Pampered Chef?

The amount of medical leave you are entitled to as an employee of Pampered Chef depends on your specific situation and the company's policies. It is best to discuss your options with your direct supervisor or HR representative.

3. Will my job be protected while I am on medical leave?

Yes, your job will be protected while you are on approved medical leave with Pampered Chef. This means that you will have a job to return to once your leave is over.

4. Are there any benefits available while I am on medical leave?

Yes, if you are enrolled in Pampered Chef's benefits program, you may be eligible to continue receiving certain benefits while on medical leave. This includes healthcare coverage and retirement contributions. It is best to speak with your HR representative for more information.

5. Can I extend my medical leave if I need more time to recover?

In some cases, it may be possible to extend your medical leave with Pampered Chef. This will need to be discussed with your direct supervisor and HR representative, and will depend on the company's policies and your specific situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mom4angela
  • dollfangs
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
bprstv
  • NooraK