• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing the Right Size Round Stone for Your Stoneware Needs

In summary, the med round stone is good for making small items like braids and appetizers, while the large stone is better for making larger items like pies.
Melissa78
Gold Member
I'm looking to buy more stoneware while its on sale and was wondering what the major diff is between the med and lg round stone? Ok besides the obvious! (I'm not that slow...) What I mean is, I see most recipes are calling for the large (braids, the taffy apple pizza etc) what all do you use the medium round for? Is it worth getting or am i good with just the large? TIA

I tell people that if they have a family or do lots of cookies, appetizers, pizzas, braids, etc., then they should get the large. If they only cook for themselves or themselves and a spouse, and never make big batches of things, then the medium is fine.

can i fit the braid or one of the dessert pizzas on a med? (and for show purposes)

Honestly, I don't even own a Med. one, but it's not that big. You could probably fit a small braid or dessert pizza on it if you squish it small and maybe not put as much filling in, but if you're using it for shows, I'd get the large. You'll make more money b/c people will see the large and want that one!

Thanks fellow Pennsylvanian :)

No problemo! (Love "The Office", too!) :D

Any else have input? I trust Cathy's but just looking for what others think before I place my order. My gut feeling was to think like a guy...everything is better when bigger. :)

I did the ring on the medium stone. The dough hung off the edges while prepping but once pulled back the ring turned out perfect!

My opinion is that unless you have a size constraint when it comes to your oven, go with the larger one. You can always make a smaller version of anything on the larger stone, but if you want to make a larger version, you can't do it on a smaller stone.

The medium stone is the perfect size for a Digorno Frozen Pizza, if that helps you think of size...

If I had to choose, I would also vote for the large. 2" is worth it- especially if you use it at shows. Several times, I've taken my OLD stone, because the medium I have is too small- or I didn't want to risk it.

I'm often asked this question by guests. Here's my answer:You can always put something slightly smaller on a large stone. You can never put something a little too big on a smaller stone.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your input. I'm putting thru my order tonite and I think other than the med round and the square baker, I think I have the collection. Yay! I rarely bake pies but I'm super excited to get the pie dish (I realize its not on sale for guests but I have a post host not using her 60% off). I smell a fall fresh apple pie calling my name. First I gotta learn how to make one. LOL

What is the difference between the medium and large round stone?

The medium round stone has a diameter of 12 inches, while the large round stone has a diameter of 15 inches. This means that the large round stone has a larger surface area and can accommodate larger food items.

Can I use the medium round stone in place of the large round stone?

Yes, you can use the medium round stone in place of the large round stone. However, keep in mind that the medium round stone will have a smaller surface area, so you may need to adjust cooking times and quantities accordingly.

What is the maximum temperature that the round stones can withstand?

The medium and large round stones are both safe to use in ovens up to 450°F. They are also safe to use in the microwave and freezer.

Are the round stones dishwasher safe?

Yes, both the medium and large round stones are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing them with warm, soapy water to prolong their lifespan.

Can I use the round stones on the stovetop?

No, the round stones are not designed to be used on the stovetop. They are meant to be used in the oven or microwave only.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • Lindsay
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies