1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Med vs Lg Round Stone

1. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I'm looking to buy more stoneware while its on sale and was wondering what the major diff is between the med and lg round stone? Ok besides the obvious! (I'm not that slow...) What I mean is, I see most recipes are calling for the large (braids, the taffy apple pizza etc) what all do you use the medium round for? Is it worth getting or am i good with just the large? TIA

Sep 28, 2009
  2. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

I tell people that if they have a family or do lots of cookies, appetizers, pizzas, braids, etc., then they should get the large. If they only cook for themselves or themselves and a spouse, and never make big batches of things, then the medium is fine.

Sep 28, 2009
  3. Melissa78

can i fit the braid or one of the dessert pizzas on a med? (and for show purposes)

Sep 28, 2009
  4. cathyskitchen

Honestly, I don't even own a Med. one, but it's not that big. You could probably fit a small braid or dessert pizza on it if you squish it small and maybe not put as much filling in, but if you're using it for shows, I'd get the large. You'll make more money b/c people will see the large and want that one!

Sep 28, 2009
  5. Melissa78

Thanks fellow Pennsylvanian :)

Sep 28, 2009
  6. cathyskitchen

No problemo! (Love "The Office", too!) :D

Sep 28, 2009
  7. Melissa78

Any else have input? I trust Cathy's but just looking for what others think before I place my order. My gut feeling was to think like a guy...everything is better when bigger. :)

Sep 28, 2009
  8. I did the ring on the medium stone. The dough hung off the edges while prepping but once pulled back the ring turned out perfect!

9. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

My opinion is that unless you have a size constraint when it comes to your oven, go with the larger one. You can always make a smaller version of anything on the larger stone, but if you want to make a larger version, you can't do it on a smaller stone.

Sep 28, 2009
  10. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

The medium stone is the perfect size for a Digorno Frozen Pizza, if that helps you think of size...

Sep 29, 2009
  11. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

If I had to choose, I would also vote for the large. 2" is worth it- especially if you use it at shows. Several times, I've taken my OLD stone, because the medium I have is too small- or I didn't want to risk it.

Sep 29, 2009
  12. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I'm often asked this question by guests. Here's my answer:

You can always put something slightly smaller on a large stone. You can never put something a little too big on a smaller stone.

Sep 29, 2009
  13. Melissa78

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your input. I'm putting thru my order tonite and I think other than the med round and the square baker, I think I have the collection. Yay! I rarely bake pies but I'm super excited to get the pie dish (I realize its not on sale for guests but I have a post host not using her 60% off). I smell a fall fresh apple pie calling my name. First I gotta learn how to make one. LOL

Sep 29, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted