• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Testing Out a Meatloaf Recipe in the Microwave!

In summary, Has anyone tried making meatloaf in the DCB in the microwave yet? Some people are experimenting with the recipe that came with their first microwave. The best part of eating meatloaf is the sammiches the next day.
Chef Endora
Gold Member
Has anyone tried making meatloaf in the DCB in the microwave yet?

I am experimenting now....I used 1.5 lbs. of ground beef & I checked it after 12 min. & it wasn't done but looked promising.

I tried a meatloaf recipe from the book that came with my first microwave and the Buffalo Sabres used it in the playoffs!:eek:

Gotta go check again...

Ok, I checked it @ 5 min. more, the @ another 2 minutes.
It looks & smells good. I'm waiting for DH to get home to eat.:)

That sounds great!! Let us know how it tastes and post the recipe!:D

Good idea! My DH loves meatloaf and I hardly ever make it!

I love meatloat but my husband and son will not touch it. My mom calls me when she is having it, so, I can eat some.

It workedOk, I tried it. It's basically the same recipe I have been doing for years.

It turned out good.:) Tweak it to your taste.

I just want to do more in the DCB & microwave. I imagine that there will be more recipes oriented that way in a new cookbook for fall.

I will try to attach the original recipe. I am known for throwing different stuff in a recipe just to change it up a bit.

I'd be interested to hear anyone's variations.

Attachments

• Gayle's Meatloaf in the Deep Covered Baker.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 712
OMG! It's my first successful attachment!:D

But the best part of meatloaf is the sammiches the next day!!!

yummm... meatloaf sandwiches... mmmm... with all this talk about yummy food on here, I am ready to eat it all... however I ate a ton of mexican food at dinner tonight and my stomach is telling me so; yet I still want to eat everything everyone is talking about!

I don't make meatloaf because I don't like to eat meatloaf. Just a texture thing I struggle with. However, I have to tell you that every time I see the title of this thread I think of Meatloaf, the singer. I've been a big fan since I was in jr. high. Man, I'm old!

I'm older than almost everyone on planet CS but my favorite karyoke number is "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" It's a scream when you sing it with DH & DDs!

As I have said in a prior post, the song we will be singing in my nursing home someday will be "Stairway to Heaven". Maybe we should change it. Its in the medly of my hits.

BTW, I adored your little tip cards. I waitressed for many years and those personal things do make a difference. Oprah speaks of random acts of kindness & the ripple effect.

Thanks. I enjoy leaving them.

As for Meatloaf, I recently picked up Bat Out of H--- and Back Into H--- on cd so I could listen to them in my van. I love that music. It looks a little odd next to the contemporary Christian and Worship cds, but, hey, it's me. I am a little odd. Frankly, I think Paradise by the Dashboard Lights could be used to great advantage in abstinence-based sex-ed courses. :)

I agree with the idea for the use of the song. That's probably why its been our mantra!

Well, that plus the fact that it's really fun to sing along with. :)

Well I remember everything little thing as if it only happened yesterday...

Parking by the lake and there was not another car in sight...

And I never had a girl looking any better than you babe...

And all the guys at school they were wishing they were me that night...

All together now

And now are bodies are oh so close and tight...

It never felt so good, it never felt so right...

I love this song. Could you tell?

Lisa

What ingredients do I need for the microwave meatloaf recipe?

The ingredients you will need are: ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.

Can I use a different type of ground meat for this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute ground beef with ground turkey, chicken, or pork for a healthier option.

How long should I cook the meatloaf in the microwave?

The cooking time will vary depending on your microwave's power and the size of your meatloaf. On average, it takes about 15-20 minutes on high power.

Do I need to let the meatloaf rest before serving?

Yes, it is recommended to let the meatloaf rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. This allows the juices to redistribute and makes for a more flavorful and moist meatloaf.

Can I make a larger batch of meatloaf and freeze it for later?

Yes, you can make a larger batch of meatloaf and freeze it for future meals. Just make sure to wrap it tightly and label it with the date and contents. Thaw in the fridge before reheating in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sailorsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • chee65
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
britishchef
  • AnnieBee