• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making meatloaf in the microwave?

In summary, the conversation discussed a new way to make meatloaf in the microwave using lean ground beef, bell pepper, onion, garlic, egg, and salt. The cook recommended using a Stoneware Fluted pan or mini-muffin pans for quicker baking times. The conversation also mentioned using the microwave to cook other dishes, such as chicken and roast, to avoid heating up the kitchen during hot weather.
chee65
I don't know if anyone has tried this yet, but it tastes really good. My husband couldn't tell the difference. I lost track of time and wanted to make meatloaf. There wasn't going to be enough time to put it in the oven so I decided if it works for chicken must work for meatloaf. So I put the meatloaf in the microwave for 30 min and walla it did a good job. Next time I will only do 25 min though. My husband was surprised that it was made in the microwave.

Here's my recipe:

2 lbs lean ground beef (93/7)
1 large green bell pepper
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves
1 egg
salt.

Mix all together. Make loaf in DCB and microwave on high, uncovered for 25 min. Brush ketchup on top and cover. let sit for maybe 5 min.

I didn't put any bread crumbs to hold together since the ground beef was real lean.

Charlie

Sounds great! I'm going to try it!

hmm I never liked my mom's meatloaf growing up, but this sounds good....I might try it!

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!Another great meatloaf tip if you need to use your oven is to either do mini's in the muffin pans ... baking time like... 15 mins... watch them... or put your meatloaf in the Stoneware Fluted pan .. it bakes way quicker since the center post heats it from all sides...

In Tucson, AZ, the less the oven is on in the spring and summer the better. So microwave recipes will be a real hit here. NO HOT KITCHEN!!!! LOL.

I'm becoming obsessed for all the things you can do with your microwave. I just have to keep it a minor secret, as Bryan isn't a fan of micro-cooked things. He thought the cake was alright the other day, though...I loved the eggs in the prep bowl...can't wait to learn more!

Good info!
My show last night was invaded by a boy scout troop when they found out we were doing the chicken in the microwave. They kept asking what else they could do and then started talking about taking a generator and a microwave to their next camp out! :D

quiverfull7 said:
Thanks for sharing!!!!!!Another great meatloaf tip if you need to use your oven is to either do mini's in the muffin pans ... baking time like... 15 mins... watch them... or put your meatloaf in the Stoneware Fluted pan .. it bakes way quicker since the center post heats it from all sides...

Thank you for the recipe. I just got the mini-loaf pan so I could make meatloaf's for my husband.

You know, I don't have the DCB (it's not available here yet) but I use my oval baker with awesome results. I made roast chicken in it the other day, 30 mins and it was so juicy! I've also made roast turkey in it.

1. How do I prepare the meatloaf in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

To prepare meatloaf in the DCB, mix ground meat with your desired seasonings and other ingredients, then shape into a loaf and place it in the DCB. Cover the DCB with the lid and microwave for the recommended time.

2. Do I need to add water to the DCB when making meatloaf?

No, the DCB is designed to trap moisture, so there is no need to add water when making meatloaf. The meatloaf will cook in its own juices, resulting in a moist and delicious dish.

3. Can I use the DCB to make a gluten-free or vegetarian meatloaf?

Yes, the DCB can be used to make a variety of meatloaf recipes, including gluten-free and vegetarian options. Just make sure to use ingredients that are appropriate for your dietary preferences.

4. How long does it take to cook meatloaf in the microwave using the DCB?

The cooking time for meatloaf in the DCB will vary depending on the size and type of meat used. Generally, it takes about 10-12 minutes per pound to cook meatloaf in the microwave using the DCB.

5. Can I use the DCB to cook other dishes besides meatloaf?

Yes, the DCB is a versatile cooking tool that can be used to make a variety of dishes such as casseroles, roasts, and even desserts. Its unique design allows for even cooking and delicious results every time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Endora
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefLisa
  • AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered Ruth
  • DebPC