• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy & Delicious Grape Jelly Meatball Sauce Recipe

In summary, anyone have a recipe for meatball sauce made with grape jelly? Several people mentioned using jelly and chili sauce, and some had extras in their recipes. The easiest and most popular recipe seems to be using one jar of Ragu and one jar of grape jelly.
byrd1956
Gold Member
Anyone have a recipe for meatball sauce made w/grape jelly? I've seen several w/jelly and chili sauce and some have extras in them. Just wondered if anyone had one 'to die for'.....but oh so easy....
Gona cheat and use frozen meatballs, but want the sauce to make them special!:chef:

I vaguely remember a good potluck meatball recipe for the crockpot- pretty sure it was one jar Ragu and one jar grape jelly and a bag of frozen meatballs- it's good and obviously very easy!! :thumbup: You really can't go wrong- enjoy!

I do something similar and am bugged to bring it for all work potlucks...

Combine in crock pot:
1 can jellied cranberry sauce
1 bottle chili sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice

Add 1 pkg frozen meatballs and cook on high until all is melty/combined... usually about 3 hours or so...

My VERY favorite and so easy is to mix one bottle of Kraft Original Recipe BBQ sauce w/a small jar of Apricot Preserves. So yummy!!! I have the complete recipe for making the meat balls from scratch if you would like I can look it up and post it. The sauce is great on store bought Italian style meatballs!

Good luck!

These all sound so good. I'm going to have to try them! Thanks. :)

The old stand by of frozen bag of meat balls from Gordon Foods (GFS) a wholesale store here )
(I was always using chili sauce and grape jelly until I discovered GFS's SWEET AND SAVORY SAUCE...it is the best. Not to be confused with their SWEET AND SOUR SAUcE...TOTALLY DIFFERENT.
I throw it all in the crock pot and put it on low..takes about 6-7 hours from frozen state.

I made this for my daughters grad party this year...a huge hit

Thanks for all your help!

I use honey bbq sauce and orange marmalade- makes a wonderfully sweet and tangy sauce. I'll see if I can find the grape jelly one- I too, seem to remember that recipe...

BARBEQUED MEATBALLS

MEATBALLS:

3 lb. ground meat
1 c. regular bread crumbs
1/3 c. Italian bread crumbs
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp. parsley
Dash of salt and pepper
Can add 3 to 4 tbsp. chili sauce for taste (optional)

SAUCE:

1 1/2 (12 oz.) bottle chili sauce
6 oz. (1/2 chili sauce bottle) vinegar
1 tbsp. mustard
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. grape jelly
1/2 c. beer
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 to 3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. dry minced onions
Dash garlic powder

Meatballs: preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients together. Shape into balls (bite size). Place on cookie sheet (ungreased) and bake 20 minutes.
Sauce: Mix all ingredients together in saucepan. Bring mixture to boil, stirring continuously. Once boiling, simmer on low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally; if mixture becomes too thick just add water. Pour sauce over meatballs and ready to serve.

I like to keep mine in a crock pot for entertaining with a cup of toothpicks.

BARBEQUE MEATBALLS

2 lb. ground beef, lean
1 env. dry onion soup mix
2 eggs
1/2 c. dry bread or cracker crumbs

SAUCE:

12 oz. bottle BBQ sauce
10 oz. grape jelly

Mix meatball ingredients, form into meatballs. Saute in electric skillet until done. Drain.
Mix BBQ sauce and grape jelly with a wire whisk. Heat well (I use the microwave). Pour over meatballs and keep warm (or, use frozen, cooked meatballs and make sauce).

These are so easy and always such a big hit.. Those recipes sound great. I use the grape jam, bbq sauce, and a can of chili with the frozen meatballs when I dont have time to make them from scratch (which is most the time) LOL :)

Kasey, That sounds great!!!! I have to try that recipe..

Pamper Mom said:
Kasey, That sounds great!!!! I have to try that recipe..

I found them off of Cooks.com- so I cannot take credit for them! I wish I could.

:)

I made this last weekend for sons birthday party - In a crockpot put a jar of grape jelly (small) and two small bottles of bbq sauce orignal flavor let it heat up a little to melt it together then add a bag if it fits of frozen meatballs and let cook till heated through out.

I have a "to-die-for" meatball recipe.

I think it's actually a spin-off from an old PC recipe....but that would have been from before I was interested in PC.:rolleyes:

I'll have to see if I can find it and post it tomorrow. It's a sausage and apple meatball, and then I make a sauce using maple syrup and apple cider.....

I made about 1000 (seriously!) of them for my own Wedding Reception. We had a brunch reception - and I had a Caterer friend do the food - but DH requested that I do my famous meatballs....so for several nights my BFF and I rolled meatballs (again, before PC - now I use the small scoop!) and baked them and froze them!
I actually had people coming up to me at my reception asking me for the recipe....like I'm going to remember to give it to them!:D:rolleyes:

I'll have to try these recipes this week; I've never made bbq sauce with jelly!

Becky, seriously...1000 meatballs made by you for your own wedding? Crazy lady! :) I made mints & decorations for mine, but that was done way ahead of time.

I usually go with a large jar of grape jelly and a couple bottles of bbq sauce...I recently started using the Sweet Baby Ray's brand, and it's really yummy. You can try all different flavors. I make these whenever we have company if we're doing a pot-luck style meal. And the lady who coordinates the monthly scrapbook night I go to makes them every month, too. :)

lacychef said:
I'll have to try these recipes this week; I've never made bbq sauce with jelly!

Becky, seriously...1000 meatballs made by you for your own wedding? Crazy lady! :) I made mints & decorations for mine, but that was done way ahead of time.

Yeah, I'd never be able to make or eat another meatball ever if I had to make 1000 of them! And you all think I'm crazy!?!?! ;) (love ya Becky!)

I have a recipe that is so easy. I put a 32 oz. jar of grape jelly in a pot and reduce it to it's liquid state. I then add a 12 oz jar of heinz chili sauce along with a half of bottle (12 oz) of heinz ketchup. While that is cooking I heat my mini meatballs in my lazagna stone. I then add the sauce to the top and cook for approximately 25 minutes.

This recipe is so simple and so easy that I have had people in the catering business at my house and they have asked me for the recipe. Enjoy!!! :chef:

mine calls for a jar of picante sauce and a jar of grape jelly...then I throw in ready-made meatballs.

Mine is just grape jelly and chili sauce.

Obviously grape jelly is the key!!

My sister-in-law does the grape jelly and chili sauce - I use a bottle of my favorite bbq sauce and the same amount of honey. Up to 4-5 links of sliced kielbasa or the mini links (instead of meatballs) fit perfectly and I think it looks much more appetizing than the grape jelly version. Always a big hit!

pampchefrhondab said:
My VERY favorite and so easy is to mix one bottle of Kraft Original Recipe BBQ sauce w/a small jar of Apricot Preserves. So yummy!!! I have the complete recipe for making the meat balls from scratch if you would like I can look it up and post it. The sauce is great on store bought Italian style meatballs!

Good luck!

This is my favorite too!

1. How do I make meatballs with grape jelly?

To make meatballs with grape jelly, you will need to mix together ground meat, breadcrumbs, eggs, and your desired seasonings. Form the mixture into small meatballs and bake in the oven until fully cooked. In a separate saucepan, heat grape jelly and chili sauce until well combined. Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and simmer until heated through.

2. Can I use frozen meatballs for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen meatballs for this recipe. Simply follow the same cooking instructions, but be sure to thaw the meatballs before adding them to the sauce.

3. What type of meat works best for meatballs with grape jelly?

Ground beef or ground turkey both work well for meatballs with grape jelly. You can also mix in ground pork or veal for added flavor.

4. Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make meatballs with grape jelly in a slow cooker. Simply combine the cooked meatballs and sauce in the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through.

5. What are some variations I can make to this recipe?

Some variations you can make to this recipe include adding different types of jelly or jam, such as apricot or raspberry, to the sauce. You can also mix in other ingredients to the meatball mixture, such as diced onions or garlic, for added flavor. Additionally, you can serve the meatballs over rice or noodles for a complete meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies