• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Size Scoop and Paper Type Work Best for Making Meatballs in an SRB?

In summary, for meatballs in the SRB, the medium scoop is great for regular-sized meatballs while the small scoop is better for appetizer-sized ones. 5 minutes is the suggested cooking time for small meatballs. Parchment paper or wax paper can be used on top of the meatballs to prevent sticking, but wax paper should be cut to size and leave room for air circulation. Happy cooking!
pctharper
Gold Member
When you make meatballs in the SRB, do you always use the medium scoop, or do you use the small too? I'm thinking for a appitizer size, the small scoop would be better. Maybe only 5 minutes for small ones??

Do you actually use the parchment paper on top? I don't have any. I wonder if wax paper would work....

I tried it with the small scoop but they fell into the ridges when cooked and that got all the grease on them. I ended up just using my bar pan in the oven (as my microwave was going through its death knell anyway). It only took about 15-20 minutes in the over at 350 and I could do a LOT more.Oh, and when I do them in the microwave I just use a paper towel over the top.

Wax paper in the microwave isn't good. Use the parchment paper or a paper towel. I haven't made the meatballs yet but need to try them soon since my five year old loves meatballs (any meat really, now if only he would eat something green!).

Well I made them this afternoon. Too bad my SRB BROKE in my hand as I was pulling it out of the microwave. I did this at my parent's house and their microwave is near their entry way. Not only did it make a huge mess everywhere, the meatballs (and grease) fell into the shoes!!! :(

Hi there! It's great to see you experimenting with the SRB for meatballs. Personally, I like to use the medium scoop for a nice, hearty size meatball. However, for appetizer-sized meatballs, the small scoop would definitely be a better option. As for cooking time, 5 minutes sounds about right for the smaller size. As for the parchment paper, it's not necessary but it does help with clean up and preventing the meatballs from sticking to the SRB. If you don't have parchment paper, wax paper should work as well. Just make sure to cut it to the size of the SRB and leave some room for air to circulate. Happy cooking!

1. How long does it take to cook meatballs in the Small Ridge Baker?

The cooking time for meatballs in the Small Ridge Baker varies depending on the size of the meatballs and the oven temperature. On average, it takes about 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. Can I use frozen meatballs in the Small Ridge Baker?

Yes, you can use frozen meatballs in the Small Ridge Baker. Just make sure to thaw them before cooking and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. Do I need to grease the Small Ridge Baker before cooking meatballs?

No, the Small Ridge Baker is made with a non-stick coating, so greasing is not necessary. However, you can lightly spray the surface with cooking spray for easier clean-up.

4. How many meatballs can fit in the Small Ridge Baker?

The Small Ridge Baker can hold up to 20 meatballs, depending on their size. It is important not to overcrowd the pan, as this can affect the cooking time and result in unevenly cooked meatballs.

5. Can I use the Small Ridge Baker to cook other types of food?

Yes, the Small Ridge Baker can be used for a variety of dishes, such as roasted vegetables, mini quiches, and even desserts like brownies. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • pchockeymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies