• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need help with ingredient measurements for MM&P?

In summary, the author loves their MM&P but noticed that the measurements on the box wore off when it was washed. They are looking for an amount of dried oregano for the Italian Dressing recipe. They also like the recipes on the side of the product.
pamperedbybarbara
I love my MM&P--sell alot of these...only problem is that when I put it in the dishwasher last week some of the ingredient measurements wore off!!:eek:I am looking for the amount of dried oregano for the Italian Dressing recipe. It figures this is the recipe I use on there the most!!

1/2 tsp of dried oregeno... I have to say that I have had this for quite some time and have never used it. I love the idea of it, just never make homemade dressing. Have to admit to being a total Ranch dressing family and hardly ever venture to anything else. Would love to get myself and my family to start trying new dressings... any that you recommend to make in this besides the ones on the container? Or are those just really great and I should try those?

I really love the recipes on the side of it...we use ours often, there's really nothing quite like homemade dressing, but I understand what you mean about Ranch...that will always be a kid favorite in our house :)

thanks for the measurement! I only have made the recipes given on the container. I tend to like the Italian one the best..IMHO. I also drizzle this over grilled chicken, turkey burgers,grilled sweet potatoes and other veggies, too!!

pamperedbybarbara said:
thanks for the measurement! I only have made the recipes given on the container. I tend to like the Italian one the best..IMHO. I also drizzle this over grilled chicken, turkey burgers,grilled sweet potatoes and other veggies, too!!

Do you have to use all of the individual ingredients or can you use our Italian Seasoning instead?

I use all of the individual ingredients..I grow oregano and basil, so I always have some dried in my kitchen...I bet some cheffers do use the PC italian seasoning mix though....

I also use mine to demo making LOTS of the oil dipping seasoning at a time... (at family dinners, our dipping bowls seem to empty faster that the pasta gets eaten!)

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that some of your ingredient measurements have worn off on your MM&P. That can definitely be frustrating, especially when it's for a recipe you use often. For the Italian Dressing recipe, the recommended amount of dried oregano is 1 teaspoon. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions about your MM&P. Happy cooking!

1. How do I accurately measure dry ingredients?

For dry ingredients, it is best to use measuring cups specifically designed for dry ingredients. Scoop the ingredient into the measuring cup and level it off with a straight edge, such as a knife or spatula. Do not pack the ingredient down or shake the measuring cup.

2. What is the difference between wet and dry measuring cups?

Wet measuring cups are designed for liquids and have a spout for easy pouring. Dry measuring cups are designed for dry ingredients and have a flat edge for leveling. It is important to use the correct measuring cups for each type of ingredient to ensure accuracy.

3. How can I prevent ingredients from sticking to my measuring cups?

To prevent ingredients from sticking to your measuring cups, you can lightly coat them with cooking spray or oil before measuring. You can also try using a silicone measuring cup, as it is less likely to have ingredients stick to it.

4. Can I use a liquid measuring cup for dry ingredients?

No, it is not recommended to use a liquid measuring cup for dry ingredients. Liquid measuring cups are designed for liquids and may not accurately measure dry ingredients. It is best to use the correct measuring cups for each type of ingredient.

5. How do I accurately measure liquids?

To accurately measure liquids, use a liquid measuring cup with clear markings for easy reading. Place the measuring cup on a flat surface and pour in the liquid until it reaches the desired marking. Be sure to read the measurement at eye level for accuracy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jkinak
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
missydivine
  • RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies